Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translations

<<  <  1  2 

nordman
October 3, 2013

i want to know how to say a couple words: i have seen the letter/word "i" be spell a couple ways. this website says zu'u and ive seen zu being used. also "i am" has been used as "zu'u"  and this website says "zu'u los" also in skyrim ive seen dragons say zu'u before and alduin has said zu'u alduin and im not sure if it would be "i alduin" which sounds awkward (atleast in english because im not used to the dragon language) and since ive seen it zu'u as i am i would think the proper translation would be zu'u alduin = i am alduin. also if im right how would you spell "am i"? or would this be "los zu" or "los zu'u"?

by nordman
October 3, 2013

i want to know how to say a couple words: i have seen the letter/word "i" be spell a couple ways. this website says zu'u and ive seen zu being used. also "i am" has been used as "zu'u"  and this website says "zu'u los" also in skyrim ive seen dragons say zu'u before and alduin has said zu'u alduin and im not sure if it would be "i alduin" which sounds awkward (atleast in english because im not used to the dragon language) and since ive seen it zu'u as i am i would think the proper translation would be zu'u alduin = i am alduin. also if im right how would you spell "am i"? or would this be "los zu" or "los zu'u"?

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 3, 2013

You're right: "Zu'u Alduin" is "I am Alduin."  Here's a short explanation as to why.

"Zu'u" is "I", not "I'm".  The full sentence would be "Zu'u los Alduin".  However, the Dragon Language likes to be brief, so most of the time "los" is cut.  You'll see the same thing happen with the words for "the" and "a/an".  The result is "Zu'u Alduin", or "I Alduin".  It does sound awkward or primitive, but that's way it's phrased.

Then, "Am I ..." would be "Los zu'u ...".

by paarthurnax
October 3, 2013

You're right: "Zu'u Alduin" is "I am Alduin."  Here's a short explanation as to why.

"Zu'u" is "I", not "I'm".  The full sentence would be "Zu'u los Alduin".  However, the Dragon Language likes to be brief, so most of the time "los" is cut.  You'll see the same thing happen with the words for "the" and "a/an".  The result is "Zu'u Alduin", or "I Alduin".  It does sound awkward or primitive, but that's way it's phrased.

Then, "Am I ..." would be "Los zu'u ...".

qqqbbb
October 13, 2013

Can someone properly translate these word walls? Translation for Gaan and Haas is not complete.

by qqqbbb
October 13, 2013

Can someone properly translate these word walls? Translation for Gaan and Haas is not complete.

qqqbbb
October 13, 2013

Nevermind. Translated it myself using your translator. Thanks to people who  wrote it!

by qqqbbb
October 13, 2013

Nevermind. Translated it myself using your translator. Thanks to people who  wrote it!

Aesa
November 14, 2013

Hello there! So I'm a little new to this site and I've been looking around but couldn't find the translation for either 

"who are you?" 

Or 

"who am I?" 

Any any idea what the translation could be?

by Aesa
November 14, 2013

Hello there! So I'm a little new to this site and I've been looking around but couldn't find the translation for either 

"who are you?" 

Or 

"who am I?" 

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 14, 2013
Aesa

"who are you?" 

Or 

"who am I?" 

Happy to help! "Who are you?" would translate to "Wo los hi?", and "Who am I?" would translate to "Wo los zu'u?"

by paarthurnax
November 14, 2013
Aesa

"who are you?" 

Or 

"who am I?" 

Happy to help! "Who are you?" would translate to "Wo los hi?", and "Who am I?" would translate to "Wo los zu'u?"

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.