Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A Tail of Great Wander (pun very much intended)

<<  <  1  2 

Sildoyol
July 25, 2017
Sildolok

Yes, yes it does. :)

That reminds me, how do you make your profile picture a picture?? As I said, I tried but it was just like 'Nah that's the wrong thing.'. Please help? :))))))))   <--- (worm. Or an extreme double chin...)

by Sildoyol
July 25, 2017
Sildolok

Yes, yes it does. :)

That reminds me, how do you make your profile picture a picture?? As I said, I tried but it was just like 'Nah that's the wrong thing.'. Please help? :))))))))   <--- (worm. Or an extreme double chin...)

Ruvgein
July 25, 2017
In five easy steps:

1. Get an image that's 100 x 100 for size (I'm good at resizing and cropping if you need help),
2. upload it to an image hosting site, (most here use Imgur)
3. open the picture so it's the only thing on screen, (usually right click and select "view image")

4. copy the link (the http one.)
5. Paste it in the box.
by Ruvgein
July 25, 2017
In five easy steps:

1. Get an image that's 100 x 100 for size (I'm good at resizing and cropping if you need help),

2. upload it to an image hosting site, (most here use Imgur)

3. open the picture so it's the only thing on screen, (usually right click and select "view image")

4. copy the link (the http one.)

5. Paste it in the box.

Sildoyol
July 26, 2017
Ruvgein
In five easy steps: 1. Get an image that's 100 x 100 for size (I'm good at resizing and cropping if you need help), 2. upload it to an image hosting site, (most here use Imgur) 3. open the picture so it's the only thing on screen, (usually right click and select "view image") 4. copy the link (the http one.) 5. Paste it in the box.

Thankyou! I'll go try now. 

by Sildoyol
July 26, 2017
Ruvgein
In five easy steps: 1. Get an image that's 100 x 100 for size (I'm good at resizing and cropping if you need help), 2. upload it to an image hosting site, (most here use Imgur) 3. open the picture so it's the only thing on screen, (usually right click and select "view image") 4. copy the link (the http one.) 5. Paste it in the box.

Thankyou! I'll go try now. 

Sildoyol
August 22, 2017

Chapter One - Getting Into Skyrim & Helgen (part 1)

Khala-lee was weary. She had trudged far, all the way out of Elsweyr, North into Cyrodiil, all the way through Cyrodiil... and now she was on the very border of Skyrim. Mountains reared up, with hawks circling aside their snowy peaks. A chill wind blew, nipping at Khala-lee's arms like nothing had ever before. She'd lived in the warm, muggy deserts and rainforests of Elsweyr all her life, and had never experienced such harsh cold. Little did she know this was only the warm, southernly wind.

After a small while well spent gawking at the mountains, Khala-lee went and sat on a nearby rock, her stomach growling like the great Senche-Raht khajiit that prowled the dunes at night, eyes flashing green in the dark. She opened her pack. half a bottle of ale, a stale loaf of bread, and a crumb of eidar cheese greeted her. She gagged, reaching in to scoop them all up. Carefully balancing the crumb on the bread, then quickly stuffing it in her mouth and washing it down with the last of the ale, Khala-lee managed to finish her supplies. She hoped there'd be a tavern nearby. She sighed, hoisting her pack onto her shoulders as she got up. It was going to be a tiresome trusge to wherever the nearest town or city was.

Khala-lee had barely gone a few steps into the border of Skyrim, when she saw a Stormcloak camp. She saw the soldiers bedding down, adding a few more sticks to fire... some were already asleep. Of course, Khala-lee knew nothing of the war between Cyrodiil and Skyrim at that point, so she simply greeted them with a polite dip of the head. Unfortunately (for her), the man she had dipped her head to had been one of the few men still left drinking the last dregs of whatever Nord sludge they had in their bottles. He seemed drunk. So, the man lifted a hand, "Ho there, cat!" he hollered, letting his hand flop back down. Then he squinted, confused, "Cat! Everybody it's a cat walking on two legs!" Khala-lee sighed, her bottom lip sticking out. Of course the first person she was greeted by called her a cat. She continued walking, nearing them with every second. A woman's voice called out "What nonsense! I mean please, enlighten us with your drunken fantasies!"

"No seriously! Come see! I'm not drunk!" he replied, equally as vicious (despite attempting to get up, tottering about, then flumping back down again). The woman grumbled, coming over. Khala-lee looked at her. She looked back, "By the Nine! It really is a cat walking on two legs!" More voices joined in, and most of the soldiers gathered about, staring at the 'cat'. One man pushed to the front, "Oh shut up, all of you! It's a Khajiit! She's a Khajiit rather!" at this, Khala-lee gave a short, sharp nod. "I'm sorry, khajiit! Safe travels!"

"And may you find warmth in this bitter cold." was her reply. The soldiers began to mutter amongst themselves. Khala-lee passed them, about to cross the border. She took a deep sniff of the Skyrim air. But it was not pure, fresh air. Something was wrong. Tension... anticipation... these she smelt in the air. Khala-lee stopped. She tensed her legs, getting her claws out. The soldiers shuffled, taking quick glances at her. Her eyes widened. The last thing she saw was a theif leaping for a horse and the thick band of Imperial soldiers that had surrounded the camp - including her.

A dull roar filled her ears. The world went black as pitch. A faint pain at the back of her head.

(to be continued...)

by Sildoyol
August 22, 2017

Chapter One - Getting Into Skyrim & Helgen (part 1)

Khala-lee was weary. She had trudged far, all the way out of Elsweyr, North into Cyrodiil, all the way through Cyrodiil... and now she was on the very border of Skyrim. Mountains reared up, with hawks circling aside their snowy peaks. A chill wind blew, nipping at Khala-lee's arms like nothing had ever before. She'd lived in the warm, muggy deserts and rainforests of Elsweyr all her life, and had never experienced such harsh cold. Little did she know this was only the warm, southernly wind.

After a small while well spent gawking at the mountains, Khala-lee went and sat on a nearby rock, her stomach growling like the great Senche-Raht khajiit that prowled the dunes at night, eyes flashing green in the dark. She opened her pack. half a bottle of ale, a stale loaf of bread, and a crumb of eidar cheese greeted her. She gagged, reaching in to scoop them all up. Carefully balancing the crumb on the bread, then quickly stuffing it in her mouth and washing it down with the last of the ale, Khala-lee managed to finish her supplies. She hoped there'd be a tavern nearby. She sighed, hoisting her pack onto her shoulders as she got up. It was going to be a tiresome trusge to wherever the nearest town or city was.

Khala-lee had barely gone a few steps into the border of Skyrim, when she saw a Stormcloak camp. She saw the soldiers bedding down, adding a few more sticks to fire... some were already asleep. Of course, Khala-lee knew nothing of the war between Cyrodiil and Skyrim at that point, so she simply greeted them with a polite dip of the head. Unfortunately (for her), the man she had dipped her head to had been one of the few men still left drinking the last dregs of whatever Nord sludge they had in their bottles. He seemed drunk. So, the man lifted a hand, "Ho there, cat!" he hollered, letting his hand flop back down. Then he squinted, confused, "Cat! Everybody it's a cat walking on two legs!" Khala-lee sighed, her bottom lip sticking out. Of course the first person she was greeted by called her a cat. She continued walking, nearing them with every second. A woman's voice called out "What nonsense! I mean please, enlighten us with your drunken fantasies!"

"No seriously! Come see! I'm not drunk!" he replied, equally as vicious (despite attempting to get up, tottering about, then flumping back down again). The woman grumbled, coming over. Khala-lee looked at her. She looked back, "By the Nine! It really is a cat walking on two legs!" More voices joined in, and most of the soldiers gathered about, staring at the 'cat'. One man pushed to the front, "Oh shut up, all of you! It's a Khajiit! She's a Khajiit rather!" at this, Khala-lee gave a short, sharp nod. "I'm sorry, khajiit! Safe travels!"

"And may you find warmth in this bitter cold." was her reply. The soldiers began to mutter amongst themselves. Khala-lee passed them, about to cross the border. She took a deep sniff of the Skyrim air. But it was not pure, fresh air. Something was wrong. Tension... anticipation... these she smelt in the air. Khala-lee stopped. She tensed her legs, getting her claws out. The soldiers shuffled, taking quick glances at her. Her eyes widened. The last thing she saw was a theif leaping for a horse and the thick band of Imperial soldiers that had surrounded the camp - including her.

A dull roar filled her ears. The world went black as pitch. A faint pain at the back of her head.

(to be continued...)

Sildolok
August 23, 2017

Very well written, no complaints this time! Also thanks for being a tad active on the site. Again, good job.

by Sildolok
August 23, 2017

Very well written, no complaints this time! Also thanks for being a tad active on the site. Again, good job.

Sildoyol
August 23, 2017
Sildolok

Yay! I still need to do Helgen... think I'll do College of Winterhold stuff next? Any ideas? (just a tad active. tad is such a nice word. sorry about the lack of capitals after full stops, but I just trekked a long way, part of which was jogging and running. Saw a dead sheep and a dying sheep.

by Sildoyol
August 23, 2017
Sildolok

Yay! I still need to do Helgen... think I'll do College of Winterhold stuff next? Any ideas? (just a tad active. tad is such a nice word. sorry about the lack of capitals after full stops, but I just trekked a long way, part of which was jogging and running. Saw a dead sheep and a dying sheep.

Sildolok
August 23, 2017
@Sildoyol Where were you? Up near that hut which I shall not name since privacy...?
Anyway, for after Helgen i think you should detail Khala-lee's journey to Winterhold to become a conjuration Mage, make it interesting. Like:
"Khala-lee focused intently on the corpse in front of her, she could feel the magicka coursing through her veins and major arteries, she clenched up her paw and saw the spell swirl into the negative space of it, she began casting the reanimation spell curling her hand towards her whilst focusing on pushing it away. She was read-
"Have you mastered the expert level destruction spells yet?" Asked J'zargo scornfully.
"NO DAMNIT" Hissed Khala-lee losing her concentration and messing up her spell."
Yea just something like that, be free to use it if you want.
by Sildolok
August 23, 2017
@Sildoyol Where were you? Up near that hut which I shall not name since privacy...?

Anyway, for after Helgen i think you should detail Khala-lee's journey to Winterhold to become a conjuration Mage, make it interesting. Like:

"Khala-lee focused intently on the corpse in front of her, she could feel the magicka coursing through her veins and major arteries, she clenched up her paw and saw the spell swirl into the negative space of it, she began casting the reanimation spell curling her hand towards her whilst focusing on pushing it away. She was read-

"Have you mastered the expert level destruction spells yet?" Asked J'zargo scornfully.

"NO DAMNIT" Hissed Khala-lee losing her concentration and messing up her spell."

Yea just something like that, be free to use it if you want.

Sildoyol
August 24, 2017

@Sildolok Sure! Or maybe I'll use something similar... it's so true though. It happens. 

by Sildoyol
August 24, 2017

@Sildolok Sure! Or maybe I'll use something similar... it's so true though. It happens. 

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.