Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder Scrolls the Movie??

<<  <  1  2 

Ouranos
June 13, 2016

A movie would be great, but you would have to watch out for the company making it. A bunch of video game movies from the past ten-twenty years are crap.

by Ouranos
June 13, 2016

A movie would be great, but you would have to watch out for the company making it. A bunch of video game movies from the past ten-twenty years are crap.

dovahnite
June 19, 2016

Hmm, I think some of you might need to take a step back and think about exactly what makes Skyrim work so well. Skyrim's a literal "role-playing game," to the extent that two people can save the world and complete the main quest but otherwise be playing completely different games (exhibit A: Paarthurnax thread; need I say more?) and I strongly suspect trying to consolidate all of those into a single movie would upset more people than it would please. Moret han likely a film would run with the archetypical Nord hero that we got in the game's trailers and stuff, but really, saying Skyrim is about the archetypical Nord hero is like saying music is about the bass clef.

Alternatively, they could make a movie that happens to be set in Skyrim, maybe one about the disappearence of the Dwemer or Ysgramor and the Companions or something, and I think that would work much better because it focuses on one single idea.

With that said, if someone did make Main Quest: The Movie, I'd probably go to see it opening weekend no matter how good or bad it turns out.

by dovahnite
June 19, 2016

Hmm, I think some of you might need to take a step back and think about exactly what makes Skyrim work so well. Skyrim's a literal "role-playing game," to the extent that two people can save the world and complete the main quest but otherwise be playing completely different games (exhibit A: Paarthurnax thread; need I say more?) and I strongly suspect trying to consolidate all of those into a single movie would upset more people than it would please. Moret han likely a film would run with the archetypical Nord hero that we got in the game's trailers and stuff, but really, saying Skyrim is about the archetypical Nord hero is like saying music is about the bass clef.

Alternatively, they could make a movie that happens to be set in Skyrim, maybe one about the disappearence of the Dwemer or Ysgramor and the Companions or something, and I think that would work much better because it focuses on one single idea.

With that said, if someone did make Main Quest: The Movie, I'd probably go to see it opening weekend no matter how good or bad it turns out.

Alungolah
August 14, 2016

I can't see something as vast as an Elder Scrolls storyline being covered even in the span of a trilogy. An adaptation of Morrowind, Oblivon, Skyrim, ETC., would be much better suited to something of a more serial nature, like a TV show (with a big enough budget, of course), or a comic book series. What would kick some serious backside, though, would be a movie based in Tamriel's history, like the War of The First Council, the Stros M'kai Uprising, or the Tiber Wars.

by Alungolah
August 14, 2016

I can't see something as vast as an Elder Scrolls storyline being covered even in the span of a trilogy. An adaptation of Morrowind, Oblivon, Skyrim, ETC., would be much better suited to something of a more serial nature, like a TV show (with a big enough budget, of course), or a comic book series. What would kick some serious backside, though, would be a movie based in Tamriel's history, like the War of The First Council, the Stros M'kai Uprising, or the Tiber Wars.

SuleykaarKinbok
October 30, 2016

They should make a movie, that would be great

by SuleykaarKinbok
October 30, 2016

They should make a movie, that would be great

Revak Smoliin
October 30, 2016

It would be the most AWESOME thing since the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

by Revak Smoliin
October 30, 2016

It would be the most AWESOME thing since the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

SuleykaarKinbok
November 1, 2016

Yeah!

by SuleykaarKinbok
November 1, 2016

Yeah!

Revak Smoliin
November 1, 2016

H--- Yeah!

by Revak Smoliin
November 1, 2016

H--- Yeah!

Ruvgein
November 1, 2016
No. Because sadly Hollywood wouldn't make it right.

And the Dovahkiin would be a male Nord, which would be a real punch to the gut for those of us who play otherwise.
by Ruvgein
November 1, 2016
No. Because sadly Hollywood wouldn't make it right.

And the Dovahkiin would be a male Nord, which would be a real punch to the gut for those of us who play otherwise.

Revak Smoliin
November 1, 2016

There's nothing wrong with a female Dovahkiin.  But you're right, they probably would make him a man.

by Revak Smoliin
November 1, 2016

There's nothing wrong with a female Dovahkiin.  But you're right, they probably would make him a man.

JayStorm324
November 2, 2016

I would not mind a mover or TV series. However, Bethesda would need to 1) actually approve it, and 2) be directly involved in it to make it feel right.

Also, sadly will likely not happen anytime soon

by JayStorm324
November 2, 2016

I would not mind a mover or TV series. However, Bethesda would need to 1) actually approve it, and 2) be directly involved in it to make it feel right.

Also, sadly will likely not happen anytime soon

[deleted]
April 28, 2017

There are some fan-made short films but nothing like an actual movie.

by [deleted]
April 28, 2017

There are some fan-made short films but nothing like an actual movie.

YsmirSeptim26
April 28, 2017

If they ever made a movie based on the Elder Scrolls, it might be awesome but almost all movies based off of video games get bad reputations, but if a Skyrim movie based off the main questline with Alduin. It would definitely have potential.

by YsmirSeptim26
April 28, 2017

If they ever made a movie based on the Elder Scrolls, it might be awesome but almost all movies based off of video games get bad reputations, but if a Skyrim movie based off the main questline with Alduin. It would definitely have potential.

amalgamcore
May 2, 2017
tzbx6dch

Bethesda should totally make Elder Scrolls the Movie. If not the series then just at least Skyrim or something! it would be so epic! omg just imagine it, maybe if enough people email them and suggest it they will from popular demand! :) lol what do you guys think? 

yes you right

by amalgamcore
May 2, 2017
tzbx6dch

Bethesda should totally make Elder Scrolls the Movie. If not the series then just at least Skyrim or something! it would be so epic! omg just imagine it, maybe if enough people email them and suggest it they will from popular demand! :) lol what do you guys think? 

yes you right

amalgamcore
May 2, 2017
YsmirSeptim26

nice

by amalgamcore
May 2, 2017
YsmirSeptim26

nice

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.