Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Canon Translator and 5th Edition Dictionary Errors

<<  <  1  2 

Vuldovyol
February 27, 2018
The word "scale" isn't in the English-Dragon Dictionary at all as far as I can tell.
by Vuldovyol
February 27, 2018
The word "scale" isn't in the English-Dragon Dictionary at all as far as I can tell.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 27, 2018
Ruvgein

Typing "scales" in the translator brings me to Qah like it should, but typing "scale" does not. 

The translator itself says to avoid using plurals since it may not count as a word that way, so shouldn't just "scale" be enough for Qah?

That's a good point, I've revised that to just "scale".

by paarthurnax
February 27, 2018
Ruvgein

Typing "scales" in the translator brings me to Qah like it should, but typing "scale" does not. 

The translator itself says to avoid using plurals since it may not count as a word that way, so shouldn't just "scale" be enough for Qah?

That's a good point, I've revised that to just "scale".

Hahdremro
June 5, 2018

In the Search tool, I found that zein does not correspond at all with the Dictionary definition, and I found that the same goes for the Translator entry. 

Here's the Dictionary page for zein: https://www.thuum.org/word.php?w=1292

by Hahdremro
June 5, 2018

In the Search tool, I found that zein does not correspond at all with the Dictionary definition, and I found that the same goes for the Translator entry. 

Here's the Dictionary page for zein: https://www.thuum.org/word.php?w=1292

Kiirsepel
June 14, 2018

I found a typo in the dictionary for gron for the official translation, "Bin" versus "Bind" (Also sorry for making that new thread, I'm new thought this was more fitting since I thought it over) [Lok, Thu'um]

by Kiirsepel
June 14, 2018

I found a typo in the dictionary for gron for the official translation, "Bin" versus "Bind" (Also sorry for making that new thread, I'm new thought this was more fitting since I thought it over) [Lok, Thu'um]

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 16, 2018
Kiirsepel

Thanks for pointing out the typo! I have that fixed.

by paarthurnax
June 16, 2018
Kiirsepel

Thanks for pointing out the typo! I have that fixed.

Hahdremro
July 2, 2018

The Translator entry for zein is incorrect, and shows the definition of zeim. I mentioned this in the first post of this thread, but it seems the problem has resurfaced. Just letting you know what's going on.

by Hahdremro
July 2, 2018

The Translator entry for zein is incorrect, and shows the definition of zeim. I mentioned this in the first post of this thread, but it seems the problem has resurfaced. Just letting you know what's going on.

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 13, 2018

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, krosis if not but I noticed the word "vun" is completely missing from the dictionary where as on the uesp wiki it's listed as meaning "tongue" and sourced to the Prima Guide. I dont have it and so can't verify this myself and I'm wondering whether the error is here or there?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 13, 2018

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, krosis if not but I noticed the word "vun" is completely missing from the dictionary where as on the uesp wiki it's listed as meaning "tongue" and sourced to the Prima Guide. I dont have it and so can't verify this myself and I'm wondering whether the error is here or there?

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 26, 2018
Good question! The word only appears in the Throw Voice Shout. If you listen closely, you'll hear "Vun Mey Gut" instead of "Zul Mey Gut". Bethesda must have changed the word at some point but forgot to change the audio. I don't believe "Vun" is listed in any official sources but I can double check when I get the chance.
by paarthurnax
October 26, 2018
Good question! The word only appears in the Throw Voice Shout. If you listen closely, you'll hear "Vun Mey Gut" instead of "Zul Mey Gut". Bethesda must have changed the word at some point but forgot to change the audio. I don't believe "Vun" is listed in any official sources but I can double check when I get the chance.

Sonaak Kroinlah
October 30, 2018

I've noticed the translator can't do plurals of any word ending in "s", instead showing the infix "se". For example "laasse" shows as "life of" instead of "lives".

by Sonaak Kroinlah
October 30, 2018

I've noticed the translator can't do plurals of any word ending in "s", instead showing the infix "se". For example "laasse" shows as "life of" instead of "lives".

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.