Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Youtube Channel

<<  <  1  2 

Zinrahzul
December 12, 2017

I've been thinking more about this and I want to plan/make a sample intro/first video.

The topic? "How to Make a Dovah Name"

We've gotten a lot of requests lately and I think it'll be a good first video. I'll post the plan here as soon as I get some substance...

by Zinrahzul
December 12, 2017

I've been thinking more about this and I want to plan/make a sample intro/first video.

The topic? "How to Make a Dovah Name"

We've gotten a lot of requests lately and I think it'll be a good first video. I'll post the plan here as soon as I get some substance...

Hahdremro
December 14, 2017

This is often one of the first things I teach to newcomers when I PM them on this site. That's a great place to start! @Frinmulaar has a list of monosyllabic Dovahzul words in a Pastebin somewhere, so it would be a good idea to ask him for that some time, as that would be a fantastic resource for making a dovah name.

I personally waited until I better understood the language before creating my dovah name, and as a result I feel like it fits me better. Each rotmulaag was carefully chosen for its connotations, and they fit my idealized self rather nicely. It would be good to help others create names that resonate with them as well, but for beginners it is nice to have a name that fits them well enough.

Oh, could we come up with some examples that aren't from the game Skyrim? I'd love to showcase some silly dovah names. Some might be funny yet work well, such as Bahnahrah ("Wrath Fury God"), while others might not roll off the tongue as easily, such as Faazfaasvaaz ("Pain Fear Tear"). This could be a good lesson for what not to do when making a dovah name, or it could simply be a way to provide inspiration for some of the more whimsical students of Dovahzul.

by Hahdremro
December 14, 2017

This is often one of the first things I teach to newcomers when I PM them on this site. That's a great place to start! @Frinmulaar has a list of monosyllabic Dovahzul words in a Pastebin somewhere, so it would be a good idea to ask him for that some time, as that would be a fantastic resource for making a dovah name.

I personally waited until I better understood the language before creating my dovah name, and as a result I feel like it fits me better. Each rotmulaag was carefully chosen for its connotations, and they fit my idealized self rather nicely. It would be good to help others create names that resonate with them as well, but for beginners it is nice to have a name that fits them well enough.

Oh, could we come up with some examples that aren't from the game Skyrim? I'd love to showcase some silly dovah names. Some might be funny yet work well, such as Bahnahrah ("Wrath Fury God"), while others might not roll off the tongue as easily, such as Faazfaasvaaz ("Pain Fear Tear"). This could be a good lesson for what not to do when making a dovah name, or it could simply be a way to provide inspiration for some of the more whimsical students of Dovahzul.

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.