Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Youtube Channel Ideas

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
@Zinrahzul I see what you mean. Why don't we come up with a new name? After all, dovahzul dubs was just an idea.
by Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
@Zinrahzul I see what you mean. Why don't we come up with a new name? After all, dovahzul dubs was just an idea.

Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018

Gotcha! I was admittedly a bit concerned that the idea of Dovahzul dubs would be a main idea. Let me reference the thread that I started:  https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1720

It has some of Hah's and my thoughts...

by Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018

Gotcha! I was admittedly a bit concerned that the idea of Dovahzul dubs would be a main idea. Let me reference the thread that I started:  https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1720

Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Zinrahzul

I do like the concepts of teaching the language without being too school-like. I had the thought of making a new study set on something like Quizlet or Memrise that could also tie in with the YouTube channel. Memrise especially has helped me learn new words and some phrases.

I thought that the Sonic Forces project would be maybe a one time thing since there's just so much to translate and all. Besides, I do realize not everyone would click with it. However there are other things that I'm thinking could fit better with the channel, mainly poems or stories. Granted, some of them are from other games, but hopefully we could make them work.

by Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Zinrahzul

I do like the concepts of teaching the language without being too school-like. I had the thought of making a new study set on something like Quizlet or Memrise that could also tie in with the YouTube channel. Memrise especially has helped me learn new words and some phrases.

I thought that the Sonic Forces project would be maybe a one time thing since there's just so much to translate and all. Besides, I do realize not everyone would click with it. However there are other things that I'm thinking could fit better with the channel, mainly poems or stories. Granted, some of them are from other games, but hopefully we could make them work.

Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018

The vision that I had of teaching is something I could never have the time to do. However, highlighting poems, stories, songs, and other media with Dovahzul would certainly be more easily workable. Dubbing Sonic Forces would certainly fit into such a channel. However, the point is: should that be the FIRST video?

by Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018

The vision that I had of teaching is something I could never have the time to do. However, highlighting poems, stories, songs, and other media with Dovahzul would certainly be more easily workable. Dubbing Sonic Forces would certainly fit into such a channel. However, the point is: should that be the FIRST video?

Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Zinrahzul

I never imagined it being the first one, no. I figured it would be long while before it was ready anyhow. Once the channel was up and running and we have at least a small audience, then we could bring Forces to the channel.

by Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Zinrahzul

I never imagined it being the first one, no. I figured it would be long while before it was ready anyhow. Once the channel was up and running and we have at least a small audience, then we could bring Forces to the channel.

Hahdremro
March 5, 2018
Zinrahzul
What Hahdremro is talking about is setting the tone of the channel, and defining with a channel will be all about. If you name the channel dovahzul dubs, then that's what people will associate with the channel, and I don't think all the content will fit that kind of description, at least not dovahzul songs and other works that aren't dubs, which hah and I are known for.

We could possibly write a collaborative song in Dovahzul, describing the channel and our goals with it. That would be a novel and entertaining idea.

by Hahdremro
March 5, 2018
Zinrahzul
What Hahdremro is talking about is setting the tone of the channel, and defining with a channel will be all about. If you name the channel dovahzul dubs, then that's what people will associate with the channel, and I don't think all the content will fit that kind of description, at least not dovahzul songs and other works that aren't dubs, which hah and I are known for.

We could possibly write a collaborative song in Dovahzul, describing the channel and our goals with it. That would be a novel and entertaining idea.

Zinrahzul
March 18, 2018
Ok, so I still intend to help with that sample audio, I just got caught up with moving from my apartment. I can still get it to you if you soon want it...
by Zinrahzul
March 18, 2018
Ok, so I still intend to help with that sample audio, I just got caught up with moving from my apartment. I can still get it to you if you soon want it...

Frinovdun
March 18, 2018
@Zinrahzul I would love to see your sample! Share it with me whenever it's convenient for you!
by Frinovdun
March 18, 2018
@Zinrahzul I would love to see your sample! Share it with me whenever it's convenient for you!

Zinrahzul
March 19, 2018

Here's a quick sample. It's Infinite's monologue after his defeat by Shadow: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNP8qxN6nSAZEc010YSqxTDXuTAPzxVx/view?usp=sharing

I, of course, did not practice too much, not having practiced the character's voice...

by Zinrahzul
March 19, 2018

Here's a quick sample. It's Infinite's monologue after his defeat by Shadow: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNP8qxN6nSAZEc010YSqxTDXuTAPzxVx/view?usp=sharing

I, of course, did not practice too much, not having practiced the character's voice...

Frinovdun
March 19, 2018
@Zinrahzul It's a great sample! Nicely done! I know you'll get better with practice! I'm thinking of trying to work up the courage to put my voice in the dub somewhere... Maybe as one of the background characters. XD
by Frinovdun
March 19, 2018
@Zinrahzul It's a great sample! Nicely done! I know you'll get better with practice! I'm thinking of trying to work up the courage to put my voice in the dub somewhere... Maybe as one of the background characters. XD

NinJack11
March 20, 2018

I'll try to get a not-terrible microphone in the not-too-distant future

Sorry for being slightly late but I recommend snowball its used by professionals and I have one too its high quality but cheap, If your looking to sink a bit more you should buy a (nope all the ones there are over 9000)

by NinJack11
March 20, 2018

I'll try to get a not-terrible microphone in the not-too-distant future

Sorry for being slightly late but I recommend snowball its used by professionals and I have one too its high quality but cheap, If your looking to sink a bit more you should buy a (nope all the ones there are over 9000)

Zinrahzul
March 20, 2018
Thanks, Iris. I only had 30 min to practice that, plus hopefully it's an encouragement for your project. I use the Blue Yeti mic, by the way.
by Zinrahzul
March 20, 2018
Thanks, Iris. I only had 30 min to practice that, plus hopefully it's an encouragement for your project. I use the Blue Yeti mic, by the way.

Frinovdun
March 20, 2018
@Zinrahzul I'll have to see if I can get one of those. The most I have is the mic on my headset.
In other news, it seems I'm not the only one who wanted to see Sonic Forces retrasnlated. Apparently, the modding community is taking up retranslating the ENTIRE game, in-game dialogue and all, and replacing the text in the game with what they came up with. They already have the DLC episode done, so I guess I know what I'm going to be working on for a long time. Legacy Dictionary, here I come!
by Frinovdun
March 20, 2018
@Zinrahzul I'll have to see if I can get one of those. The most I have is the mic on my headset.

In other news, it seems I'm not the only one who wanted to see Sonic Forces retrasnlated. Apparently, the modding community is taking up retranslating the ENTIRE game, in-game dialogue and all, and replacing the text in the game with what they came up with. They already have the DLC episode done, so I guess I know what I'm going to be working on for a long time. Legacy Dictionary, here I come!

Hahdremro
March 20, 2018

What an interesting community project! If there's that much interest in it, then this could serve as a reliable jumping off point for a Dovahzul channel, getting the attention of a few linguists or at least bilingual individuals. Maybe we can get more people involved in the translation of Dovahzul into other languages if we go this route. Again, it would be a somewhat unconventional start for such a channel, but it could get us some much needed attention. It could be a good starting point in that regard.

by Hahdremro
March 20, 2018

What an interesting community project! If there's that much interest in it, then this could serve as a reliable jumping off point for a Dovahzul channel, getting the attention of a few linguists or at least bilingual individuals. Maybe we can get more people involved in the translation of Dovahzul into other languages if we go this route. Again, it would be a somewhat unconventional start for such a channel, but it could get us some much needed attention. It could be a good starting point in that regard.

Frinovdun
March 20, 2018
Hahdremro

I'd say the more people we have on board with this project, the better! I love seeing dovahzul being expanded on and used in things where you might not see them, hence my Forces project. It's a bit out there, sure, but I thought it would be a fun project for everyone to come together and work on! Plus, you're meeting new people and learning a new language with them, which is always a win in my book!   

Maybe there's a way we could spread the word about this so others can join in.

As far as the footage of the game is concerned, I would be able to provide all of it as well as editing in all of the dovahzul dialogue. Again, the one thing I think we need the most would be voice actors, and lots of them given the cast of characters in the game. 

I also thought of going the extra mile and translating all of the vocal tracks from english to dovah, which I'll be starting today. 

by Frinovdun
March 20, 2018
Hahdremro

I'd say the more people we have on board with this project, the better! I love seeing dovahzul being expanded on and used in things where you might not see them, hence my Forces project. It's a bit out there, sure, but I thought it would be a fun project for everyone to come together and work on! Plus, you're meeting new people and learning a new language with them, which is always a win in my book!   

Maybe there's a way we could spread the word about this so others can join in.

As far as the footage of the game is concerned, I would be able to provide all of it as well as editing in all of the dovahzul dialogue. Again, the one thing I think we need the most would be voice actors, and lots of them given the cast of characters in the game. 

I also thought of going the extra mile and translating all of the vocal tracks from english to dovah, which I'll be starting today. 

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.