A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul 101 Audio Series/Podcast/Songs

<<  <  1  2 

Frinovdun
April 4, 2018
Hahdremro

It would make sense to use lines directly from the game to use as examples of usage. The "Usage" section of each Dictionary page even gives the line ID for each line, which would make it much easier!

We could even show the same line from different dubs of the game, to compare and contrast the pronunciation. Putting Paarthurnax's and Alduin's English voices right next to their voiceovers from another language would be interesting and give some good context for how to pronounce the words. That's well within the limits of fair use, so it wouldn't be against copyright laws, especially if we end or begin each episode with a disclaimer saying we're not affiliated with Bethesda. Gotta be careful about that kind of thing.

I never thought of looking at lines from different dubs of the game... I'm curious to see the differences in pronunciation!

And one quick question: Say we needed gameplay footage of some of Paarthurnax's lines. As long as we used it for educational purposes (learning dovahzul), its ok?

by Frinovdun
April 4, 2018
Hahdremro

It would make sense to use lines directly from the game to use as examples of usage. The "Usage" section of each Dictionary page even gives the line ID for each line, which would make it much easier!

We could even show the same line from different dubs of the game, to compare and contrast the pronunciation. Putting Paarthurnax's and Alduin's English voices right next to their voiceovers from another language would be interesting and give some good context for how to pronounce the words. That's well within the limits of fair use, so it wouldn't be against copyright laws, especially if we end or begin each episode with a disclaimer saying we're not affiliated with Bethesda. Gotta be careful about that kind of thing.

I never thought of looking at lines from different dubs of the game... I'm curious to see the differences in pronunciation!

And one quick question: Say we needed gameplay footage of some of Paarthurnax's lines. As long as we used it for educational purposes (learning dovahzul), its ok?

Hahdremro
April 4, 2018
IrisKitsune

That's a good question, actually. My mother has multiple masters' degrees in information literacy and she has extensive training as a research librarian. She'd know more about it than I would. I'll ask her about it later today and see if that would fall within the purview of fair use. I mean, if it's okay to post all of Paarthurnax's conversations on YouTube (and I've seen those before on there) then we should be fine. Still, better safe than sorry!

by Hahdremro
April 4, 2018
IrisKitsune

That's a good question, actually. My mother has multiple masters' degrees in information literacy and she has extensive training as a research librarian. She'd know more about it than I would. I'll ask her about it later today and see if that would fall within the purview of fair use. I mean, if it's okay to post all of Paarthurnax's conversations on YouTube (and I've seen those before on there) then we should be fine. Still, better safe than sorry!

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.