Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
I updated them. Go ahead and try again.
by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
I updated them. Go ahead and try again.

Ruvgein
November 30, 2018
I'd like to request "What Child is This". I'd be able to provide my own piano playing in addition to voice!
by Ruvgein
November 30, 2018
I'd like to request "What Child is This". I'd be able to provide my own piano playing in addition to voice!

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
I'm floored! That's awesome, Ruv. Do you mean for it to be a solo? Because I think that'd be a good idea.
by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
I'm floored! That's awesome, Ruv. Do you mean for it to be a solo? Because I think that'd be a good idea.

Ruvgein
November 30, 2018
@Zinrahzul

A solo? Really? You sure?

I'd be game, though.
by Ruvgein
November 30, 2018
@Zinrahzul

A solo? Really? You sure?

I'd be game, though.

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018

@Ruvgein oh, I thought you were implying a solo, but I'll still open it up for additional voices. I'm going to have access to all the voices anyway. Unless you have any inputs, I'll work on the lyrics.

EDIT: This also means you'll be providing the main track for the song. Make sure it's in a key people can sing to and follow along with. I suggest around the Key of Cm. Em is too high for the male voice.

by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018

@Ruvgein oh, I thought you were implying a solo, but I'll still open it up for additional voices. I'm going to have access to all the voices anyway. Unless you have any inputs, I'll work on the lyrics.

EDIT: This also means you'll be providing the main track for the song. Make sure it's in a key people can sing to and follow along with. I suggest around the Key of Cm. Em is too high for the male voice.

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

I've sent the audio. Let me know if it works and try not to laugh...

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

The audio works fine. It's clean and doesn't have any background noise. When I receive everyone's audio, I'll work it through my audio recording/processing program that I have (Reaper, professional product, although I'm not a professional). Now what's left to do is to is find a free backing track for one of the easy songs (probably "I'll Be Home For Christmas") to see if the process works.

What I'll do is get the backing track, record my voice to it, then provide an MP3 for others to use to record their version of it. Then they submit it to the folder, and I submit it to the next person (in theory). We'll see how it REALLY goes...

by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

The audio works fine. It's clean and doesn't have any background noise. When I receive everyone's audio, I'll work it through my audio recording/processing program that I have (Reaper, professional product, although I'm not a professional). Now what's left to do is to is find a free backing track for one of the easy songs (probably "I'll Be Home For Christmas") to see if the process works.

What I'll do is get the backing track, record my voice to it, then provide an MP3 for others to use to record their version of it. Then they submit it to the folder, and I submit it to the next person (in theory). We'll see how it REALLY goes...

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

That's great. I'll be waiting. Let me know if you need help with anything else. :) I still can't edit the lyrics sheet but I'm not sure why?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

That's great. I'll be waiting. Let me know if you need help with anything else. :) I still can't edit the lyrics sheet but I'm not sure why?

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Part of the problem was that I was trying to set the settings on my mobile device, and the program wasn't giving me the feedback I expect from the Desktop version of the site. I update the link in the first post again.

by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Part of the problem was that I was trying to set the settings on my mobile device, and the program wasn't giving me the feedback I expect from the Desktop version of the site. I update the link in the first post again.

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Just letting you know I've started on We Three Kings. Its probably wrong but it's a start. I'm waiting to get the version of lyrics I know then I'll put alongside it properly. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Just letting you know I've started on We Three Kings. Its probably wrong but it's a start. I'm waiting to get the version of lyrics I know then I'll put alongside it properly. :)

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 1, 2018

I have another question. Once the lyrics and tune are finalised, how long will we have to learn the song before we have to submit audio?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 1, 2018

I have another question. Once the lyrics and tune are finalised, how long will we have to learn the song before we have to submit audio?

Zinrahzul
December 1, 2018
It'll have to be December 15th, since I travel starting the 22nd and I need time to work in it and publish it.
by Zinrahzul
December 1, 2018
It'll have to be December 15th, since I travel starting the 22nd and I need time to work in it and publish it.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 1, 2018

Okay then. If that's the case would it be possible to have the translation deadline sooner? I may be being overly cautious but it might be too hard to learn foreign language songs in only 4 days. 

Also, here is the version of We Three Kings I'm hoping to (approximately) work with if it's okay. It was my favourite growing up. :)

https://youtu.be/mjXP0TQVvEY

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 1, 2018

Okay then. If that's the case would it be possible to have the translation deadline sooner? I may be being overly cautious but it might be too hard to learn foreign language songs in only 4 days. 

Also, here is the version of We Three Kings I'm hoping to (approximately) work with if it's okay. It was my favourite growing up. :)

https://youtu.be/mjXP0TQVvEY

Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018
That's fine. This afternoon I'l tweak the dates and listen to that rendition
by Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018
That's fine. This afternoon I'l tweak the dates and listen to that rendition

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Cool, thanks. :)

Also, is "I'll be home for Christmas" open for everyone to sing?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Cool, thanks. :)

Also, is "I'll be home for Christmas" open for everyone to sing?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.