aldmer language

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

Mul klo riik
December 23, 2014
Kahdremonik
Mulqoreyn
Mul klo riik
Mulqoreyn

I salute you dedication, doing so will be a great challange considering only a handful of words remain. but i guess nothing is impossible.

Dovahzul is like, 10% canon. We'll get somewhere. What I'd likke to see though, would be people not only just looking at just Aldmer, but what we know of the other elven languages and what they have in common, similar roots and the likes of which. Could just be one project don't you think? Figuring out all the elder scrolls' elven languages.

This is a good idea, if you don't have a goal you tend to stray, but who would have the time and mastery of language to pull this off?

Someone with a helluva lot of time on their hands?

Like someone with the time to learn dovahzul? XD

by Mul klo riik
December 23, 2014
Kahdremonik
Mulqoreyn
Mul klo riik
Mulqoreyn

I salute you dedication, doing so will be a great challange considering only a handful of words remain. but i guess nothing is impossible.

Dovahzul is like, 10% canon. We'll get somewhere. What I'd likke to see though, would be people not only just looking at just Aldmer, but what we know of the other elven languages and what they have in common, similar roots and the likes of which. Could just be one project don't you think? Figuring out all the elder scrolls' elven languages.

This is a good idea, if you don't have a goal you tend to stray, but who would have the time and mastery of language to pull this off?

Someone with a helluva lot of time on their hands?

Like someone with the time to learn dovahzul? XD

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 2, 2015

Aldmeris doesn't have much vocabulary, but Ayleidoon and Falmeris have enough words to consider something like this.

by paarthurnax
January 2, 2015

Aldmeris doesn't have much vocabulary, but Ayleidoon and Falmeris have enough words to consider something like this.

BoDuSil
January 15, 2015

No. Hence the name THUUM.org.

Imagine all the time it would take as well. It would definetly be hard. But if we do it, I can help make non-canon words.

by BoDuSil
January 15, 2015

Imagine all the time it would take as well. It would definetly be hard. But if we do it, I can help make non-canon words.

Mul klo riik
February 3, 2015
BoDuSil

Thu'um, voice. Word, power, shout, tongue. It is all the same concept. I see no reason not to do this, or at least a sister site.

by Mul klo riik
February 3, 2015
BoDuSil

Thu'um, voice. Word, power, shout, tongue. It is all the same concept. I see no reason not to do this, or at least a sister site.

hiith
February 6, 2015
Mul klo riik
BoDuSil

This site is very clearly for the Dragon Language, but the developer of this site, Matthew Luckow (who we know as paarthurnax), makes it easy for others to do the same thing with an other language: LINK

If you want this done, this is how to do it, but I highly doubt paarthurnax would do it, especially not here.

by hiith
February 6, 2015
Mul klo riik
BoDuSil

This site is very clearly for the Dragon Language, but the developer of this site, Matthew Luckow (who we know as paarthurnax), makes it easy for others to do the same thing with an other language: LINK

If you want this done, this is how to do it, but I highly doubt paarthurnax would do it, especially not here.

Loniizrath
February 6, 2015
paarthurnax

I suggested a thing for Falmeris once.

by Loniizrath
February 6, 2015
paarthurnax

I suggested a thing for Falmeris once.

Dakit3
April 18, 2015
paarthurnax

I have actually started creating my onw conlang of Falmeris with the premis that Falmeris and Ayleidoon are pretty much the same (Ayleidoon words were used in translating parts of Calcelmo's Stone, and the words that were translated seem to be identical to Ayleidoon).

by Dakit3
April 18, 2015
paarthurnax

I have actually started creating my onw conlang of Falmeris with the premis that Falmeris and Ayleidoon are pretty much the same (Ayleidoon words were used in translating parts of Calcelmo's Stone, and the words that were translated seem to be identical to Ayleidoon).

Grolahmul
May 24, 2015
Alduin The World Eater

Also maybe you could get some help from the admin of this site: Paarthurnax. Maybe even makea site  for the Khajiit too. I've set a goal to learn as many TES languages as possible and the more languages the better am I right?

I, too, want to learn the kajiit's grammar.

by Grolahmul
May 24, 2015
Alduin The World Eater

Also maybe you could get some help from the admin of this site: Paarthurnax. Maybe even makea site  for the Khajiit too. I've set a goal to learn as many TES languages as possible and the more languages the better am I right?

I, too, want to learn the kajiit's grammar.

Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015

We could just have a sister site dedicated to the other Elder Scrolls languages.

DOV4K3N, F4 HIN KOG1N MU DR1L!

by Friðr Loðbrók
July 9, 2015

We could just have a sister site dedicated to the other Elder Scrolls languages.

Alduin World Eater
July 15, 2015

Possibly. I want to learn Khajiit grammer. It would be fun since Khajiit is my favorite race.

by Alduin World Eater
July 15, 2015

Possibly. I want to learn Khajiit grammer. It would be fun since Khajiit is my favorite race.

Katherine
July 16, 2015
Friðr Loðbrók

Funny you mention this, I am considering getting elderscrollslanguages.org, depends on the support for it, though.

by Katherine
July 16, 2015
Friðr Loðbrók

Funny you mention this, I am considering getting elderscrollslanguages.org, depends on the support for it, though.

Katherine
July 20, 2015

Just to see how much actual support there is, I'm developing a prototype site which may become a thing.

I've not written any actual content for it yet, so if you wish to help with that please message me.

http://elderscrollslanguages.github.io/

by Katherine
July 20, 2015

Just to see how much actual support there is, I'm developing a prototype site which may become a thing.

I've not written any actual content for it yet, so if you wish to help with that please message me.

http://elderscrollslanguages.github.io/

Tanzyolviing
August 9, 2015
Alduin World Eater

I agree. I love playing as the Khajit. So, it would be great if that could be started.

by Tanzyolviing
August 9, 2015
Alduin World Eater

I agree. I love playing as the Khajit. So, it would be great if that could be started.

Denisowator
September 8, 2015

I think the thing I like most about this idea, is the fact that it will make The Elder Scrolls feel really alive. Considering that the only languages used in-game are a tiny bit of Aldmeris, a fair bit of Dovahzul (enough to make up shouts, and shorts songs and paragraphs). And of course English, so that humans can understand what the characters are saying.

I would love to see the Aldmeris language eventually become part of Thu'um.org, but I fear that it will take a lot time off of learning and expanding on Dovahzul.

by Denisowator
September 8, 2015

I think the thing I like most about this idea, is the fact that it will make The Elder Scrolls feel really alive. Considering that the only languages used in-game are a tiny bit of Aldmeris, a fair bit of Dovahzul (enough to make up shouts, and shorts songs and paragraphs). And of course English, so that humans can understand what the characters are saying.

I would love to see the Aldmeris language eventually become part of Thu'um.org, but I fear that it will take a lot time off of learning and expanding on Dovahzul.

Denisowator
September 8, 2015
Tanzyolviing

Prepare to shout like a true kitty cat. xD

by Denisowator
September 8, 2015
Tanzyolviing

Prepare to shout like a true kitty cat. xD

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.