Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Help with my new world

<<  <  1  2 

Ziinahven
January 6, 2014

This is a good idea. I've found that in most RPGs, humans are always so underpowered compared to Elves and other races. 

by Ziinahven
January 6, 2014

This is a good idea. I've found that in most RPGs, humans are always so underpowered compared to Elves and other races. 

Ziinahven
January 6, 2014
DovaKiinZaan

I sometimes do Worldbuilding, draw maps and I even made my own Province on Skyrim as a mod, I could help

I would be much appreciative, fahdon! Right now i'm just looking for names for provinces, organizations, cities, and the like.

by Ziinahven
January 6, 2014
DovaKiinZaan

I sometimes do Worldbuilding, draw maps and I even made my own Province on Skyrim as a mod, I could help

I would be much appreciative, fahdon! Right now i'm just looking for names for provinces, organizations, cities, and the like.

Kiindomoro
January 8, 2014

Well, regarding names, in most RPGs, the names of places are based of off the languages of the people who built them, and language syntax/pronunciation stems from the culture that they live in. So, if it's going to be divided racially like TES, it'd be best to sort of make a "culture mold" for each race that they base architecture, names, art, etc. off of, like TES does (example being that Cyrodil is Rome themed and Skyrim is Scandanavian, Elsweyr is based on Arabic culture).

by Kiindomoro
January 8, 2014

Well, regarding names, in most RPGs, the names of places are based of off the languages of the people who built them, and language syntax/pronunciation stems from the culture that they live in. So, if it's going to be divided racially like TES, it'd be best to sort of make a "culture mold" for each race that they base architecture, names, art, etc. off of, like TES does (example being that Cyrodil is Rome themed and Skyrim is Scandanavian, Elsweyr is based on Arabic culture).

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.