Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Modern Words Factory

<<  <  1  2 

Drakpa
February 6, 2014

"America", "France" et "plane" have been added to the list "Words awaiting thier addition to the dictionary".
By the way, the dictionary won't be update immediately, as I'm working to make it much more profesionnal than the current version. But it doesn't have to be a reason to stop you from creating new words~

by Drakpa
February 6, 2014

"America", "France" et "plane" have been added to the list "Words awaiting thier addition to the dictionary".
By the way, the dictionary won't be update immediately, as I'm working to make it much more profesionnal than the current version. But it doesn't have to be a reason to stop you from creating new words~

Rah Los Aaz
February 11, 2014

First of all... GREAT thread Drakpa! 

Now as for the words i do have two comments to add
1. The word lorotsedwiin i believe the other one was better (in my ears) since you want to phrase it as a one word (aka: Computer) 

2. For the same word computers was first created as calculators for big numbers and stuff... so i believe the word "Think" isn't a bit correct... the word "steel" well... more or less... i would say this two words "Calculate" + "Machine" (or) "Auto" + "Calculate" but something with "Calculate" in it!! 

I saw some Greek in it (proud to see my language gets combined with Dovahzul xD) so if any of you need any assistance i will be more than glad to help you out! : )

Yours

R4 LOS 1Z

by Rah Los Aaz
February 11, 2014

1. The word lorotsedwiin i believe the other one was better (in my ears) since you want to phrase it as a one word (aka: Computer) 

2. For the same word computers was first created as calculators for big numbers and stuff... so i believe the word "Think" isn't a bit correct... the word "steel" well... more or less... i would say this two words "Calculate" + "Machine" (or) "Auto" + "Calculate" but something with "Calculate" in it!! 

I saw some Greek in it (proud to see my language gets combined with Dovahzul xD) so if any of you need any assistance i will be more than glad to help you out! : )

Yours

R4 LOS 1Z

Faziigolz5000
February 12, 2014

Quick Question, is this where we submit the modern words? I'd assume so, but affirming my thoughts would help.

~

FAZ3GOLZ

by Faziigolz5000
February 12, 2014

Quick Question, is this where we submit the modern words? I'd assume so, but affirming my thoughts would help.

~

FAZ3GOLZ

Drakpa
February 13, 2014
Rah Los Aaz

You mean, you prefered lorotdwiin to lorotsedwiin? Well, why not, I put it back again to the list "words awaiting an agreement", and it will be back in the dictionary when somebody else agree with one of the two propositions.

Concerning the etymology of Lorotsedwiin, I just got inspired from the etymology of the Shawnee word which actually exists. But maybe we could have synonymes for "Computer"~

Concerning Greek, it's about the etymology of some words for example in English or in French (they're more common in French) created from Greek, to see how ideas ere associated in order to have new words. But if you have in Greek too this type of etymology, you can notice it here, it may be helpful, and why not, creating from these your own new Dovahzul words~

Faziigolz5000

Yep, you can submit here as many modern words as you want!

Oh, about the new dictionary, I know, I'm pretty late, but I currently stopped working on it because I have little free time now, and I'll start again ASAP.

by Drakpa
February 13, 2014
Rah Los Aaz

You mean, you prefered lorotdwiin to lorotsedwiin? Well, why not, I put it back again to the list "words awaiting an agreement", and it will be back in the dictionary when somebody else agree with one of the two propositions.

Concerning the etymology of Lorotsedwiin, I just got inspired from the etymology of the Shawnee word which actually exists. But maybe we could have synonymes for "Computer"~

Concerning Greek, it's about the etymology of some words for example in English or in French (they're more common in French) created from Greek, to see how ideas ere associated in order to have new words. But if you have in Greek too this type of etymology, you can notice it here, it may be helpful, and why not, creating from these your own new Dovahzul words~

Faziigolz5000

Yep, you can submit here as many modern words as you want!

Oh, about the new dictionary, I know, I'm pretty late, but I currently stopped working on it because I have little free time now, and I'll start again ASAP.

Rah Los Aaz
February 13, 2014
DrakpaYou mean, you prefered lorotdwiin to lorotsedwiin? Well, why not, I put it back again to the list "words awaiting an agreement", and it will be back in the dictionary when somebody else agree with one of the two propositions.

By prefering i mean in my ears sounded better not that isn't correct :P just because the "tse" sound a bit weird to Greek (since you know Greek i think? :/ if not then is hard to explain haha) in anyway this isn't the case here

As far as the etymology and such... words like Calculate or any other words i pre-mention is more accurate.. i will try to create some examples given this words in English and i will see for myself what will come up :P
by Rah Los Aaz
February 13, 2014
DrakpaYou mean, you prefered lorotdwiin to lorotsedwiin? Well, why not, I put it back again to the list "words awaiting an agreement", and it will be back in the dictionary when somebody else agree with one of the two propositions.

By prefering i mean in my ears sounded better not that isn't correct :P just because the "tse" sound a bit weird to Greek (since you know Greek i think? :/ if not then is hard to explain haha) in anyway this isn't the case here

As far as the etymology and such... words like Calculate or any other words i pre-mention is more accurate.. i will try to create some examples given this words in English and i will see for myself what will come up :P
<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.