A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translate Names.

<<  <  1  2 

Frinmulaar
August 3, 2015
GoldGonian

Anyone have an idea to fix this? I need a 3 syllable name in dragon, meaning "Ethan."

How about Grolahmul? "Endure-strength".

by Frinmulaar
August 3, 2015
GoldGonian

Anyone have an idea to fix this? I need a 3 syllable name in dragon, meaning "Ethan."

How about Grolahmul? "Endure-strength".

Nilvahlok
August 3, 2015
Orkar Isber

well you could just cut out lost. Rahvaraan actually already implies "god healed" and for me it sounds well enough. You could also search for different kinds of healing like god made whole or god build or god undo pain / wound etc. RahVoAhraan.

or you dont take your real life name and use a Nickname you like and translate that, thats what i do ^^

Thanks!! You realy helped me. ^^

by Nilvahlok
August 3, 2015
Orkar Isber

well you could just cut out lost. Rahvaraan actually already implies "god healed" and for me it sounds well enough. You could also search for different kinds of healing like god made whole or god build or god undo pain / wound etc. RahVoAhraan.

or you dont take your real life name and use a Nickname you like and translate that, thats what i do ^^

Thanks!! You realy helped me. ^^

Grolahmul
August 5, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Grolahmul
August 5, 2015

This post has been deleted.

Tanzyolviing
August 9, 2015

Hmm interesting. So I tried doing this with my name to come up with a good dragon name. My name is Bridget, and my version comes from being named after the Saint Bridget in Ireland. This version comes from the Irish version of Brighid, which means 'The High One'.  She was also the celtic goddess of fire and poetry.

So High one, would be Lok and Gein respectively. Not 3 syllables or words, so I put in fire, since she was the Goddess of fire. And I went with the this, 'Lokyolgein' or 'High-Fire-One'.

Bridget can also mean strength and honor, so if I were to go that route.

'Mulaagzin' or 'Strength-honor'

Do you guys agree? What would you have done differently?

by Tanzyolviing
August 9, 2015

Hmm interesting. So I tried doing this with my name to come up with a good dragon name. My name is Bridget, and my version comes from being named after the Saint Bridget in Ireland. This version comes from the Irish version of Brighid, which means 'The High One'.  She was also the celtic goddess of fire and poetry.

So High one, would be Lok and Gein respectively. Not 3 syllables or words, so I put in fire, since she was the Goddess of fire. And I went with the this, 'Lokyolgein' or 'High-Fire-One'.

Bridget can also mean strength and honor, so if I were to go that route.

'Mulaagzin' or 'Strength-honor'

Do you guys agree? What would you have done differently?

AshmoJotunThor
August 15, 2015

My name means "Of the Ash Tree". Would the Dovahzul translation then be "Dokiireyth"? Or would it be more proper to say "Reythsekii"?

by AshmoJotunThor
August 15, 2015

My name means "Of the Ash Tree". Would the Dovahzul translation then be "Dokiireyth"? Or would it be more proper to say "Reythsekii"?

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 15, 2015
AshmoJotunThor

Reythsekii would be correct.

by paarthurnax
August 15, 2015
AshmoJotunThor

Reythsekii would be correct.

AshmoJotunThor
August 15, 2015

Kogaan.

by AshmoJotunThor
August 15, 2015

Kogaan.

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.