Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

names

<<  <  1  2 

Vokunvulonah
March 20, 2014

My name is brent and that means "high place" so my name is Kriisstaad although I prefer vokunvulonah (shadow night hunter)

by Vokunvulonah
March 20, 2014

My name is brent and that means "high place" so my name is Kriisstaad although I prefer vokunvulonah (shadow night hunter)

yaropolk
March 29, 2014

my name Saifutdinov Sergei Rafaelevich. (Сайфутдинов Сергей Рафаэльевич) . 

• сайфутдинов - Among the family of Turkic origin naming true name Saifutdinov. It was formed from the ancient Arabic name Sayfetdin rather from its dialectal variant Saifutdinov. Like most of the names of eastern origin, name Sayfetdin has a complex basis. The first part of the name goes back to the Arabic word "Saifi", which translated into Russian means "sword". The second part of the name comes from the Turkic word "din", that is "faith." Thus, one embodiment of the translation of the name sounds like - sword of faith
  • сергей - Under the first , the most common version , the name comes from the Roman Sergey family name Sergius, which is a Roman family name , comes from Sergei. Sergey - an ancient Roman patrician family, leading , according to legend , descended from the Trojans. Translated from Latin, means " high ", " noble ". On the next version, Sergey name - is a modern form of obsolete name Sergius , which is derived from the Latin «servi dei», means " servant of God ." As one of the variants of this version - the name comes from the Latin Sergey «Servus», which translates as "servant ."
  • рафаэльевич - Raphael - the name of one of the seven archangels, archangel-healer that keeps and protects people and animals, able to cure them, so the archangel Raphael is the patron saint of doctors and pharmacists. The European version of the Hebrew name Raphael - "God healed." Male name Rafael has Jewish roots and means "God is treated."

originally wanted to write down verbatim what happened something like: Zu’u Zahkriov Lokzin Rahaaz. but not quite " tradition " , and because "I have 'dov' ... words that do not exist in the language 'Jorre' " ... in general , important meaning. after reading the transcripts name on my tongue spun sword , faith, god, religion , healing, healing, service , the priest , the priest , etc. if one word that comes to mind only one word paladin . next task was to define this concept in three words and that is not small it is important that on the dragon they were short . Scurrying .... bunch of words focused on variants: true, god sword. that does not quite fit . later came the idea paladin - is, in fact , a weapon "in the hands " of faith, and the weapon is a sword and paladin healing (well, as paladins have seen and read , played and they were able to treat and sword swing ) . here it is, a weapon , this is the third word . you are: god_weapon_loyal - Rah_Zun_Mid - Rahzunmid - God's true weapon - Paladin. 

Zu’u Rahzunmid. how much do you think is true is written above?

by yaropolk
March 29, 2014

my name Saifutdinov Sergei Rafaelevich. (Сайфутдинов Сергей Рафаэльевич) . 

• сайфутдинов - Among the family of Turkic origin naming true name Saifutdinov. It was formed from the ancient Arabic name Sayfetdin rather from its dialectal variant Saifutdinov. Like most of the names of eastern origin, name Sayfetdin has a complex basis. The first part of the name goes back to the Arabic word "Saifi", which translated into Russian means "sword". The second part of the name comes from the Turkic word "din", that is "faith." Thus, one embodiment of the translation of the name sounds like - sword of faith
  • сергей - Under the first , the most common version , the name comes from the Roman Sergey family name Sergius, which is a Roman family name , comes from Sergei. Sergey - an ancient Roman patrician family, leading , according to legend , descended from the Trojans. Translated from Latin, means " high ", " noble ". On the next version, Sergey name - is a modern form of obsolete name Sergius , which is derived from the Latin «servi dei», means " servant of God ." As one of the variants of this version - the name comes from the Latin Sergey «Servus», which translates as "servant ."
  • рафаэльевич - Raphael - the name of one of the seven archangels, archangel-healer that keeps and protects people and animals, able to cure them, so the archangel Raphael is the patron saint of doctors and pharmacists. The European version of the Hebrew name Raphael - "God healed." Male name Rafael has Jewish roots and means "God is treated."

originally wanted to write down verbatim what happened something like: Zu’u Zahkriov Lokzin Rahaaz. but not quite " tradition " , and because "I have 'dov' ... words that do not exist in the language 'Jorre' " ... in general , important meaning. after reading the transcripts name on my tongue spun sword , faith, god, religion , healing, healing, service , the priest , the priest , etc. if one word that comes to mind only one word paladin . next task was to define this concept in three words and that is not small it is important that on the dragon they were short . Scurrying .... bunch of words focused on variants: true, god sword. that does not quite fit . later came the idea paladin - is, in fact , a weapon "in the hands " of faith, and the weapon is a sword and paladin healing (well, as paladins have seen and read , played and they were able to treat and sword swing ) . here it is, a weapon , this is the third word . you are: god_weapon_loyal - Rah_Zun_Mid - Rahzunmid - God's true weapon - Paladin. 

Zu’u Rahzunmid. how much do you think is true is written above?

pokiemoon
May 16, 2014

My name is sjoerd wich is supposed to mean (from god knows where) guardian of triumph/gate so my thought was that zindvahlok (triumph gaurdian) would do nicely.

Real live, I'm more concerned to protect friends than actually win so yeah...

by pokiemoon
May 16, 2014

My name is sjoerd wich is supposed to mean (from god knows where) guardian of triumph/gate so my thought was that zindvahlok (triumph gaurdian) would do nicely.

Real live, I'm more concerned to protect friends than actually win so yeah...

otakufreak40
May 16, 2014

I decided to take my favorites list from behindthename.com and translate all the names into approximat Dovahzul names.

Jeez, that took forever.

by otakufreak40
May 16, 2014

I decided to take my favorites list from behindthename.com and translate all the names into approximat Dovahzul names.

Jeez, that took forever.

Loniizrath
June 23, 2014

My name, Kyle, is derived from an old Gaelic word meaning river. River in Dovahzul is just "Rath," but  in keeping with the pattern of three sylables, my Dovahzul name would be Lombonel (Water flow fast).

by Loniizrath
June 23, 2014

My name, Kyle, is derived from an old Gaelic word meaning river. River in Dovahzul is just "Rath," but  in keeping with the pattern of three sylables, my Dovahzul name would be Lombonel (Water flow fast).

Ahmuldein
June 23, 2014

I'm Hispanic so my name is Nicolas which is Nicholas in English. Idk what the heck it means

by Ahmuldein
June 23, 2014

I'm Hispanic so my name is Nicolas which is Nicholas in English. Idk what the heck it means

Ahmuldein
June 23, 2014

I just looked it up, conquerer of people!

by Ahmuldein
June 23, 2014

I just looked it up, conquerer of people!

zahkrii
June 27, 2014

My name, Egon, is derived from the Old High German word "eg", meaning "sword tip", so my Dovahzul name would be "zahkriitrir", but I prefer "zahkrii".

Z4KR3!

by zahkrii
June 27, 2014

My name, Egon, is derived from the Old High German word "eg", meaning "sword tip", so my Dovahzul name would be "zahkriitrir", but I prefer "zahkrii".

Z4KR3!

Nahdraxsiignosjun
July 12, 2014

My name, Aidan, means "fiery one", so it would be Yolusgein

by Nahdraxsiignosjun
July 12, 2014

My name, Aidan, means "fiery one", so it would be Yolusgein

perrydrums
July 13, 2014

I looked op the meaning of my name; 'Perry', and I think it means Vild, (rock) hmm..

by perrydrums
July 13, 2014

I looked op the meaning of my name; 'Perry', and I think it means Vild, (rock) hmm..

Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 14, 2014

My name is Shania, which I think means 'On my way', possibly refering to rising to popularity, or becoming great. Nau dii ven... Naudiiven... I like it :D

If I'm wrong then please correct me!

by Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 14, 2014

My name is Shania, which I think means 'On my way', possibly refering to rising to popularity, or becoming great. Nau dii ven... Naudiiven... I like it :D

Foduiiz
July 15, 2014
Nahvultoor Lot Dovah

I think using the possessive suffix -i would sound better IMO. Nau-ven-i. Nauveni. Just my opinion though. 

by Foduiiz
July 15, 2014
Nahvultoor Lot Dovah

I think using the possessive suffix -i would sound better IMO. Nau-ven-i. Nauveni. Just my opinion though. 

Sahkrahfaas
July 18, 2014

My online name Sahkrahfaas has nothing to do with what my real life name means. I just made it up and it sounded cool so I used it.

by Sahkrahfaas
July 18, 2014

My online name Sahkrahfaas has nothing to do with what my real life name means. I just made it up and it sounded cool so I used it.

ikaram
July 20, 2014

My name, Simo, means "God of hearing". It makes no sence to me but it comes from Greek, wich then comes from old Hebrew. The translation would be Rahdohon.

by ikaram
July 20, 2014

My name, Simo, means "God of hearing". It makes no sence to me but it comes from Greek, wich then comes from old Hebrew. The translation would be Rahdohon.

ikaram
July 20, 2014

R4DOHON

by ikaram
July 20, 2014

R4DOHON

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.