Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Kill a dragon

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

dovahnite
May 13, 2015

I'd imagine a commercial jet to be pretty effective. Ignoring the fact that it probably wouldn't even come close to hitting one, it'd probably hit with more than enough force to make the fancy scaly armor look like cookie dough.

Considering that you can damage them with pointy flying sticks, maybe you wouldn't even need an airplane, maybe you could get away with using an eighteen wheeler or something. Anyone want to do some math and estimate offense ratings for those things?

by dovahnite
May 13, 2015

I'd imagine a commercial jet to be pretty effective. Ignoring the fact that it probably wouldn't even come close to hitting one, it'd probably hit with more than enough force to make the fancy scaly armor look like cookie dough.

Considering that you can damage them with pointy flying sticks, maybe you wouldn't even need an airplane, maybe you could get away with using an eighteen wheeler or something. Anyone want to do some math and estimate offense ratings for those things?

ikaram
May 15, 2015

@dovahnite OK, I only know one thing about dragons: IRL they don't work. It can be seen in one of Terry Prachet's novels, and it can be applied rather well to Skyrim. Several tons of wheight goes flying? Ya need magic for that. BUT... Hitting them with a truck would probably not kill them in one shot. It would probably only injure them... badly. A jet or a commercial airplane would work fine though. Even if they survive the attack they still burn. And not all dragons are resistant to that.

by ikaram
May 15, 2015

@dovahnite OK, I only know one thing about dragons: IRL they don't work. It can be seen in one of Terry Prachet's novels, and it can be applied rather well to Skyrim. Several tons of wheight goes flying? Ya need magic for that. BUT... Hitting them with a truck would probably not kill them in one shot. It would probably only injure them... badly. A jet or a commercial airplane would work fine though. Even if they survive the attack they still burn. And not all dragons are resistant to that.

dovahnite
May 15, 2015

Uh . . . not quite sure you understand the concept of fiction. Treating Terry Pratchet like an article in a medical journal is just silly. The answer can literally be whatever you want it to be.

In terms of Skyrim, I could estimate the total kinetic energy in all of the sword swipes from my most recent fight with Alduin and I'm pretty sure a truck has way more.

by dovahnite
May 15, 2015

Uh . . . not quite sure you understand the concept of fiction. Treating Terry Pratchet like an article in a medical journal is just silly. The answer can literally be whatever you want it to be.

In terms of Skyrim, I could estimate the total kinetic energy in all of the sword swipes from my most recent fight with Alduin and I'm pretty sure a truck has way more.

ikaram
May 18, 2015
dovahnite

I am really silly :) And you do have a point there. If a few (OK, a lot) of sword swipes can kill Alduin, I think a big-ass truck could kill a regular dragon.

by ikaram
May 18, 2015
dovahnite

I am really silly :) And you do have a point there. If a few (OK, a lot) of sword swipes can kill Alduin, I think a big-ass truck could kill a regular dragon.

John Hephaetus
May 18, 2015

Probably an M17 Stinger, Or maybe a .50 cal Vulcan minigun.

by John Hephaetus
May 18, 2015

Probably an M17 Stinger, Or maybe a .50 cal Vulcan minigun.

ikaram
May 18, 2015

And if we wack it with a spoon well enough we may get it.

by ikaram
May 18, 2015

And if we wack it with a spoon well enough we may get it.

DJbrony
June 4, 2015

Hell I'm a blacksmith/weaponsmith in real life so  if I wanna kill a dragon I just make a very sharp, yet very powerful weapon made from strong metal that can do damage to it, or if something that can do heavy damage just go find the hulk Xp

by DJbrony
June 4, 2015

Hell I'm a blacksmith/weaponsmith in real life so  if I wanna kill a dragon I just make a very sharp, yet very powerful weapon made from strong metal that can do damage to it, or if something that can do heavy damage just go find the hulk Xp

ikaram
June 5, 2015
DJbrony

Iron arrows seem to be strong enough to scratch him, so maybe it doesn't have to be that strong.

by ikaram
June 5, 2015
DJbrony

Iron arrows seem to be strong enough to scratch him, so maybe it doesn't have to be that strong.

Ralam Indoril
January 18, 2016

Lure it out to a barren wasteland (or North Korea), then douse that son of a bitch in radioactive waste. If it doesn't mutate into a hideous abomination that dies shortly after, it will die immediately (because it doesn't work that way, no matter what Fallout says).

by Ralam Indoril
January 18, 2016

Lure it out to a barren wasteland (or North Korea), then douse that son of a bitch in radioactive waste. If it doesn't mutate into a hideous abomination that dies shortly after, it will die immediately (because it doesn't work that way, no matter what Fallout says).

Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

Using laser guided missiles and Javelins would probably do the trick for weaker dragons. But powerful ones would probably require something infused with anti-dragon enchantments of some sorts. Sort of like Uranium Core Rounds. They're designed to blow holes in metal the size of a man's torso.

by Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

Using laser guided missiles and Javelins would probably do the trick for weaker dragons. But powerful ones would probably require something infused with anti-dragon enchantments of some sorts. Sort of like Uranium Core Rounds. They're designed to blow holes in metal the size of a man's torso.

Granzah
January 21, 2016
I'd happily use a Recurve Bow. (I am almost a master in archery in real life) and I believe with my hunting tips I could kill a regular dragon in 15-20 arrows. Unless we are talking Skyrim logic to where I'd have one legendary level 100 archery to where it would take an arrow or two.
by Granzah
January 21, 2016
I'd happily use a Recurve Bow. (I am almost a master in archery in real life) and I believe with my hunting tips I could kill a regular dragon in 15-20 arrows. Unless we are talking Skyrim logic to where I'd have one legendary level 100 archery to where it would take an arrow or two.

Buck
January 27, 2016

Fire a sonic grenade at the wing. Once its on the ground cut off the tail. A downd dragon is a dead dragon.

by Buck
January 27, 2016

Fire a sonic grenade at the wing. Once its on the ground cut off the tail. A downd dragon is a dead dragon.

Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

BRUTALITY

by Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

BRUTALITY

Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

That is the worst picture job I have ever seen.

by Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

That is the worst picture job I have ever seen.

Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

Just click it and drag, you can see the entire picture then.

by Duryoljot
January 28, 2016

Just click it and drag, you can see the entire picture then.

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.