A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Moving!

<<  <  1  2 

DovahKiinZaan
October 27, 2014
Ahmuldein

I have a black lab mutt and she is such a great dog.  Please...dont buy a dog from a breeder...whatever you do. I dont care what kind of dog you get just...not a breeder...

Or a pet shop...

I got mine from a breeder, just make sure they're good- as in if their house smells of weed, don't. 

by DovahKiinZaan
October 27, 2014
Ahmuldein

I have a black lab mutt and she is such a great dog.  Please...dont buy a dog from a breeder...whatever you do. I dont care what kind of dog you get just...not a breeder...

Or a pet shop...

I got mine from a breeder, just make sure they're good- as in if their house smells of weed, don't. 

Sahkrahfaas
October 27, 2014

I wouldn't ever recommend pet shops, places with more than 3 breeds/litters for sale and places that won't let you see the living conditions, the parents/other puppies in the litter, the vet papers etc. Dogs from pet shops are most likely from puppy farms/mills and they are likely to get sick and die pretty quickly. Even if you feel sorry for a dog in a pet shop, don't adopt it because the chances are it came from a puppy farm/mill and your money would be supporting the bad breeding. Watch out for signs of sickness, like bald patches, coughing, runny eyes and noses, etc. and make sure they are living in a house with things they would see every day in another house.

I have a book by Dogs Trust with a small section with advice on where to adopt a dog from and how to avoid puppy farms. This is all info taken from that section but in my own words. Sometimes breeders vaccinate the dogs before they're adopted so it saves the new owners a job :)

by Sahkrahfaas
October 27, 2014

I wouldn't ever recommend pet shops, places with more than 3 breeds/litters for sale and places that won't let you see the living conditions, the parents/other puppies in the litter, the vet papers etc. Dogs from pet shops are most likely from puppy farms/mills and they are likely to get sick and die pretty quickly. Even if you feel sorry for a dog in a pet shop, don't adopt it because the chances are it came from a puppy farm/mill and your money would be supporting the bad breeding. Watch out for signs of sickness, like bald patches, coughing, runny eyes and noses, etc. and make sure they are living in a house with things they would see every day in another house.

I have a book by Dogs Trust with a small section with advice on where to adopt a dog from and how to avoid puppy farms. This is all info taken from that section but in my own words. Sometimes breeders vaccinate the dogs before they're adopted so it saves the new owners a job :)

In Sil Ah
October 28, 2014

Border Collies is also nice though needs lots of attention and excercise

by In Sil Ah
October 28, 2014

Border Collies is also nice though needs lots of attention and excercise

Duryoljot
December 14, 2015

Black German Shephards are intelligent, beautiful, and energetic. But they are fairly large. But they match it with understanding and caring and... Oh, God I'm getting mushy. I need to go stab some kittens or something horrible.

by Duryoljot
December 14, 2015

Black German Shephards are intelligent, beautiful, and energetic. But they are fairly large. But they match it with understanding and caring and... Oh, God I'm getting mushy. I need to go stab some kittens or something horrible.

catjenkins
December 14, 2015

I have one.

by catjenkins
December 14, 2015

I have one.

Jordan L
December 14, 2015

shelties are also pretty nice dogs. i had one and he was loyal and cuddly. they are almost natually trained. they arent as crazy as golden retrievers so they wont pull the leash out of your hands as you walk him.

by Jordan L
December 14, 2015

shelties are also pretty nice dogs. i had one and he was loyal and cuddly. they are almost natually trained. they arent as crazy as golden retrievers so they wont pull the leash out of your hands as you walk him.

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.