A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Wikipedia Page?

<<  <  1  2 

Foduiiz
November 27, 2014
BeanBuster

Can someone who knows better dovahzul confirm that usually you are using the long sound of a letter, eg. Strunmah pronounced Stroonmah instead of Strunmah.

This isn't the right thread or even forum to be asking questions like that. I suggest posting on the Question Board instead (after read the lessons pages) . But to answer your question: Yes, strunmah is pronounced STROON-mah. 

by Foduiiz
November 27, 2014
BeanBuster

Can someone who knows better dovahzul confirm that usually you are using the long sound of a letter, eg. Strunmah pronounced Stroonmah instead of Strunmah.

This isn't the right thread or even forum to be asking questions like that. I suggest posting on the Question Board instead (after read the lessons pages) . But to answer your question: Yes, strunmah is pronounced STROON-mah. 

Foduiiz
November 27, 2014

I just made some additions to the article, notably the alphabet table. It's not really taken off as much as I thought it would when I first found this thread :( 

by Foduiiz
November 27, 2014

I just made some additions to the article, notably the alphabet table. It's not really taken off as much as I thought it would when I first found this thread :( 

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 28, 2014
BeanBuster

Yes, this is most often true. This is why fus is pronounced like "foos" and not "fuss."

by paarthurnax
November 28, 2014
BeanBuster

Yes, this is most often true. This is why fus is pronounced like "foos" and not "fuss."

Paaljurzind
December 12, 2014

First of all, let me just apologize for disappearing for the last couple months. I had a lot of things going on in real life (not bad things, mostly good but time-consuming things), but I plan on becoming active in this community again. As for the Wikipedia page, I'll be working on it some more, and if anyone else feels they can help, please by all means do so!

by Paaljurzind
December 12, 2014

First of all, let me just apologize for disappearing for the last couple months. I had a lot of things going on in real life (not bad things, mostly good but time-consuming things), but I plan on becoming active in this community again. As for the Wikipedia page, I'll be working on it some more, and if anyone else feels they can help, please by all means do so!

Foduiiz
December 13, 2014

Great! Hopefully I can continue to contribute to the page despite being busy with exams and whatnot (which is my priority, of course). 

What do you think of the additions I've made? 

by Foduiiz
December 13, 2014

Great! Hopefully I can continue to contribute to the page despite being busy with exams and whatnot (which is my priority, of course). 

Paaljurzind
December 14, 2014
Foduiiz

The diction edits definitely help make the article appear more professional, and I love the chart! It looks like it shouldn't be too long before the article is ready for publishing. (Btw good luck on your exams!)

by Paaljurzind
December 14, 2014
Foduiiz

The diction edits definitely help make the article appear more professional, and I love the chart! It looks like it shouldn't be too long before the article is ready for publishing. (Btw good luck on your exams!)

Foduiiz
December 15, 2014

Thanks! The real things are in May and June next year but of course I'm studying in the mean time, plus coursework. 

I should think the page will need a lot more work before it's ready. Hopefully more members can begin to help soon. 

by Foduiiz
December 15, 2014

Thanks! The real things are in May and June next year but of course I'm studying in the mean time, plus coursework. 

I should think the page will need a lot more work before it's ready. Hopefully more members can begin to help soon. 

Foduiiz
December 15, 2014

I noticed Dovahzul listed on this wiki article. We should remember to link that when it's done.

by Foduiiz
December 15, 2014

I noticed Dovahzul listed on this wiki article. We should remember to link that when it's done.

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.