Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Card game

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Volaanir
October 7, 2014

Well, we can put something called powers, and it will have a number that show its cost, to pay that number, we use cooldown from words and cloaks. The player choose some cloaks and words attached to a creature, and remove some cooldown to pay the power. After the effect of the power is resolved, it will go to the graveyard, and the cards choosen to pay the cost will have to wait the amount of  turns subtracted to work again. This means that the effect of a cloak will not be triggered until the time passes, the additional attack points are suspended until the time passes. And a thu'um can't be used until all words are functional again.

by Volaanir
October 7, 2014

Well, we can put something called powers, and it will have a number that show its cost, to pay that number, we use cooldown from words and cloaks. The player choose some cloaks and words attached to a creature, and remove some cooldown to pay the power. After the effect of the power is resolved, it will go to the graveyard, and the cards choosen to pay the cost will have to wait the amount of  turns subtracted to work again. This means that the effect of a cloak will not be triggered until the time passes, the additional attack points are suspended until the time passes. And a thu'um can't be used until all words are functional again.

Mul klo riik
October 7, 2014
Volaanir

and remove some cooldown to pay the power. 

Good idea. I understand what your saying but let's use better syntax. This is going to get confusing.

by Mul klo riik
October 7, 2014
Volaanir

and remove some cooldown to pay the power. 

Good idea. I understand what your saying but let's use better syntax. This is going to get confusing.

Volaanir
October 7, 2014
Mul klo riik

Here is what I thought, we talk to paarthurnax to make this an official project of the Thuum.org community. The first thing to do is make a recruitment thread. After the team is defined, we will open a thread to discuss the rules I and you presented here. After the rules are settled, is necessary to create cards. When the cards are defined, we start to code an alpha version with a basic GUI and no TCG elements, only deckbuilding, battling against AI, but this version will only be avaliable for a time, maybe 4 weeks, when we collect feedback of the community.

After that, the team will discuss the revision of some rules and cards, and present the community with the changes we did, then we make a new alpha version with the changes. A new period of feedback gathering begin and a final alpha is made.

The next step is start to make the artwork for the cards, sound effects for the game, the game GUI, and the metagame elements(this is what will make the game a TCG). Of course, all the elements will need the approval of the community. When this is settled, we make a beta version with these new elements, then gather feedback, apply the changes in a new beta, gather more feedback, and then make the final complete beta. The only difference between this beta and the final game is the lack of multiplayer.

The multiplayer part is tricky, so will gonna take some time until is done. when the multiplayer is finally done, we start to make game expansions, with new cards created and chosen with the help of the community.

Also, I have a suggestion to the game name: "Tushak". The name is that because trade in dovahzul is "Tun", card is "Shaal" and game is "Kred". So trading card game is "Tunshaalkred", but that is not sound that good, so in my opinion "Tushak" is better.

by Volaanir
October 7, 2014
Mul klo riik

Here is what I thought, we talk to paarthurnax to make this an official project of the Thuum.org community. The first thing to do is make a recruitment thread. After the team is defined, we will open a thread to discuss the rules I and you presented here. After the rules are settled, is necessary to create cards. When the cards are defined, we start to code an alpha version with a basic GUI and no TCG elements, only deckbuilding, battling against AI, but this version will only be avaliable for a time, maybe 4 weeks, when we collect feedback of the community.

After that, the team will discuss the revision of some rules and cards, and present the community with the changes we did, then we make a new alpha version with the changes. A new period of feedback gathering begin and a final alpha is made.

The next step is start to make the artwork for the cards, sound effects for the game, the game GUI, and the metagame elements(this is what will make the game a TCG). Of course, all the elements will need the approval of the community. When this is settled, we make a beta version with these new elements, then gather feedback, apply the changes in a new beta, gather more feedback, and then make the final complete beta. The only difference between this beta and the final game is the lack of multiplayer.

The multiplayer part is tricky, so will gonna take some time until is done. when the multiplayer is finally done, we start to make game expansions, with new cards created and chosen with the help of the community.

Also, I have a suggestion to the game name: "Tushak". The name is that because trade in dovahzul is "Tun", card is "Shaal" and game is "Kred". So trading card game is "Tunshaalkred", but that is not sound that good, so in my opinion "Tushak" is better.

Loniizrath
October 7, 2014

Or just Tunshaal. That sounds better than Tushak.

by Loniizrath
October 7, 2014

Or just Tunshaal. That sounds better than Tushak.

Volaanir
October 7, 2014

Well, I want something that remembers the three words, but name is also in discussion.

by Volaanir
October 7, 2014

Well, I want something that remembers the three words, but name is also in discussion.

Mul klo riik
October 7, 2014

I temporarily named it rotmulaag on one of my files. Not very exciting, Kredsetun, or kredsetunne, Game of cards.

by Mul klo riik
October 7, 2014

I temporarily named it rotmulaag on one of my files. Not very exciting, Kredsetun, or kredsetunne, Game of cards.

Volaanir
October 7, 2014

As I said, everything can and must be discussed in this game.

by Volaanir
October 7, 2014

As I said, everything can and must be discussed in this game.

Ahmuldein
October 22, 2014

Nice to have this up and running again!

by Ahmuldein
October 22, 2014

Nice to have this up and running again!

Volaanir
October 22, 2014

so the better thing to do now is alert all the envolved and delay the rule discussion thread to monday

by Volaanir
October 22, 2014

so the better thing to do now is alert all the envolved and delay the rule discussion thread to monday

Ahmuldein
October 22, 2014

So...there will be yet another thread...Can I be at least told to draw something...Just ONE thing over the weekend....Even if it is something unimportant I MUST KNOW!!!!

by Ahmuldein
October 22, 2014

So...there will be yet another thread...Can I be at least told to draw something...Just ONE thing over the weekend....Even if it is something unimportant I MUST KNOW!!!!

Volaanir
October 22, 2014

if you want, you can draw the back of the cards and maybe the background image for the battlefield

by Volaanir
October 22, 2014

if you want, you can draw the back of the cards and maybe the background image for the battlefield

Mul klo riik
October 22, 2014

@Ahmuldein 

For the backgound, draw us a picture of a dragon, on a rock, burning a man clad entirely in dwarven armour to his left. On the right, an archer shooting him with 99 ebony arrows.

by Mul klo riik
October 22, 2014

@Ahmuldein 

For the backgound, draw us a picture of a dragon, on a rock, burning a man clad entirely in dwarven armour to his left. On the right, an archer shooting him with 99 ebony arrows.

Ahmuldein
October 22, 2014

ok...I think I have a good idea for this...

by Ahmuldein
October 22, 2014

ok...I think I have a good idea for this...

Foduiiz
October 23, 2014

Whoever wrote the first post spelled 'kinetic' wrong. Kinect is an Xbox thing. 

Lol, sorry if I'm being pedantic.  

by Foduiiz
October 23, 2014

Whoever wrote the first post spelled 'kinetic' wrong. Kinect is an Xbox thing. 

Lol, sorry if I'm being pedantic.  

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.