Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Creating an epic poem in Dovahzul

<<  <  1  2 

Felniir Ahvus
March 7, 2015

As I was reading the perspectives about having your soul absorbed by the dovahkiin, I was just thinking that the dovahkiin and Alduin are in some ways performing inverse functions.  At the end of the main quest line, Alduin was feeding on the souls of the joor in Sovangarde in order to gather strength, and that seemed like such an act of brutality and injustic, but really... that's kind of what the dovahkiin's been doing in reverse the whole time.  Do the dov souls get released at the end of the dovahkiin's life in order for them to be resurrected by Alduin (or some other dovah) at a later time, or is that completely game over for them? I think that would have some definite impact on the story's tone and values.

by Felniir Ahvus
March 7, 2015

As I was reading the perspectives about having your soul absorbed by the dovahkiin, I was just thinking that the dovahkiin and Alduin are in some ways performing inverse functions.  At the end of the main quest line, Alduin was feeding on the souls of the joor in Sovangarde in order to gather strength, and that seemed like such an act of brutality and injustic, but really... that's kind of what the dovahkiin's been doing in reverse the whole time.  Do the dov souls get released at the end of the dovahkiin's life in order for them to be resurrected by Alduin (or some other dovah) at a later time, or is that completely game over for them? I think that would have some definite impact on the story's tone and values.

ZohiifZul
March 7, 2015
@Felniir Ahvus that would be an interesting idea to explore
by ZohiifZul
March 7, 2015
@Felniir Ahvus that would be an interesting idea to explore
<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.