Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Stupid SKYRIM

<<  <  1  2  3  4 > >>  

dovahnite
May 25, 2015

When I first started playing, it took me maybe . . . two months to grasp the "open world" concept. So I went around doing my normal JRPG business of talking to EVERY SINGLE NPC, which naturally ended up giving me a lot of sidequests . . . and I tried to finish them in the order in which I got them. And tried clearing every dungeon I found. And pretty much everything else. Because I had no idea how open world worked and I thought I had to. To make matters worse I didn't realize how the Quest Log worked, so I kept activating every one I got and ended up running mindlessly after the pointy triangle things until I found what I was looking for. Needless to say it took me a little longer than forever to finish Bleak Falls Barrow.

Oh, there was also a bit where I wasn't paying much attention to the game when Balgruuf told me to go to "the tallest mountain in Skyrim" (i.e. the Monahven) so I spent a good few days of real time trying to scale every mountain I could find that looked sort of tall-ish until I realized that the world map (among other things) existed. To this day I have no idea how I actually got up there the first time, since I kept trying to go straight up everything and went nowhere near Ivarstead.

Also I didn't figure out how healing spells, smithing, potions and things worked until probably after I beat the final boss, and just kept equipping the random stuff I picked up off the ground that looked okay-ish. And having near-death experiences with pretty much every boring bandit and wolf I ever met. And then waiting for like five minutes while my health regenerated at like one pixel every ten minutes or whatever it is.

Yeah, I have no idea how I survived this game, either :P

by dovahnite
May 25, 2015

When I first started playing, it took me maybe . . . two months to grasp the "open world" concept. So I went around doing my normal JRPG business of talking to EVERY SINGLE NPC, which naturally ended up giving me a lot of sidequests . . . and I tried to finish them in the order in which I got them. And tried clearing every dungeon I found. And pretty much everything else. Because I had no idea how open world worked and I thought I had to. To make matters worse I didn't realize how the Quest Log worked, so I kept activating every one I got and ended up running mindlessly after the pointy triangle things until I found what I was looking for. Needless to say it took me a little longer than forever to finish Bleak Falls Barrow.

Oh, there was also a bit where I wasn't paying much attention to the game when Balgruuf told me to go to "the tallest mountain in Skyrim" (i.e. the Monahven) so I spent a good few days of real time trying to scale every mountain I could find that looked sort of tall-ish until I realized that the world map (among other things) existed. To this day I have no idea how I actually got up there the first time, since I kept trying to go straight up everything and went nowhere near Ivarstead.

Also I didn't figure out how healing spells, smithing, potions and things worked until probably after I beat the final boss, and just kept equipping the random stuff I picked up off the ground that looked okay-ish. And having near-death experiences with pretty much every boring bandit and wolf I ever met. And then waiting for like five minutes while my health regenerated at like one pixel every ten minutes or whatever it is.

Yeah, I have no idea how I survived this game, either :P

Grolahmul
May 25, 2015
dovahnite

You could've climbed it backwards. I mean, from the back.

by Grolahmul
May 25, 2015
dovahnite

You could've climbed it backwards. I mean, from the back.

YolGoraagKaazah
August 23, 2015

Getting a BIG bounty in all the holds, killing Paarthunax and escaping prison. Escaping a prison is fun and all but when you escape you can't get your stuff back (I know there is a chest where your stuff is, but at the time I didn't know). So baiscally I had no gold, no weapons (I put no points into Magicka), no armor just my fists. Getting a bounty in big hold in a hold is hard, but try getting a big bounty in ALL the holds, it's fun at first, but then it gets really hard, and boring, and I was actually dumb enough to save while I had the bounties, I had to delete that character because I just got so pissed off. And last but not least, killing Paarthunax, first of all he helps you a lot, he treats you like a dragon. And also it's a pain in the ass to fight him (at least for me, because I play on Expert)

None of you took the time to read this did you 

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 23, 2015

Getting a BIG bounty in all the holds, killing Paarthunax and escaping prison. Escaping a prison is fun and all but when you escape you can't get your stuff back (I know there is a chest where your stuff is, but at the time I didn't know). So baiscally I had no gold, no weapons (I put no points into Magicka), no armor just my fists. Getting a bounty in big hold in a hold is hard, but try getting a big bounty in ALL the holds, it's fun at first, but then it gets really hard, and boring, and I was actually dumb enough to save while I had the bounties, I had to delete that character because I just got so pissed off. And last but not least, killing Paarthunax, first of all he helps you a lot, he treats you like a dragon. And also it's a pain in the ass to fight him (at least for me, because I play on Expert)

None of you took the time to read this did you 

dovahnite
August 24, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Getting a bounty in big hold in a hold is hard, but try getting a big bounty in ALL the holds, it's fun at first, but then it gets really hard, and boring,

I know what you mean. I basically ran around the providence using Soul Tear on random people (instant one-shot, no messy fights, instant kilo of bounty), it was exciting getting my butt out of range of the guards at first but after, oh, three or four holds it kind of got repetitive.

(Also the part where you go back and pay off your bounty was an interesting and somewhat welcome money sink, since (as some have put it) after the main quest you basically own a majority share of the entire universe :P)

by dovahnite
August 24, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Getting a bounty in big hold in a hold is hard, but try getting a big bounty in ALL the holds, it's fun at first, but then it gets really hard, and boring,

I know what you mean. I basically ran around the providence using Soul Tear on random people (instant one-shot, no messy fights, instant kilo of bounty), it was exciting getting my butt out of range of the guards at first but after, oh, three or four holds it kind of got repetitive.

(Also the part where you go back and pay off your bounty was an interesting and somewhat welcome money sink, since (as some have put it) after the main quest you basically own a majority share of the entire universe :P)

YolGoraagKaazah
August 24, 2015

So I'm not alone!

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 24, 2015

So I'm not alone!

Kronvullok
August 24, 2015

Funny thing is that getting 1000 bounty in each and every hold unlocks an achievement. As stupid as that sounds...

by Kronvullok
August 24, 2015

Funny thing is that getting 1000 bounty in each and every hold unlocks an achievement. As stupid as that sounds...

YolGoraagKaazah
August 24, 2015

I know! But it is kind of an accomplishment, if you are on a high level because if you didn't know guards level up with you, so with no gear, it would be pretty hard. (call me a noob I find guards, pretty hard) 

by YolGoraagKaazah
August 24, 2015

I know! But it is kind of an accomplishment, if you are on a high level because if you didn't know guards level up with you, so with no gear, it would be pretty hard. (call me a noob I find guards, pretty hard) 

Shadow
August 27, 2015

I'm not new to the series but that doesn't mean I haven't made some dumb mistakes or had things happen that I wouldn't do again

While exploring the "haunted" Shroud Hearth Barrow, I stood over this grate (dumb mistake) which fell out from under me and I plunged into the water, I scrambled to jump out (cats hate water :P ) but in all honestly I'm terrified of dark deep water like that in these games. I hate slaughter fish (Oblivion got me with the giant slaughterfish) and mudcrabs. Finally got the guts to check it out and it wasn't as deep as it looks, also held a skeleton and some treasure. 

Never stand on a grate that you can't see the bottom of

by Shadow
August 27, 2015

I'm not new to the series but that doesn't mean I haven't made some dumb mistakes or had things happen that I wouldn't do again

While exploring the "haunted" Shroud Hearth Barrow, I stood over this grate (dumb mistake) which fell out from under me and I plunged into the water, I scrambled to jump out (cats hate water :P ) but in all honestly I'm terrified of dark deep water like that in these games. I hate slaughter fish (Oblivion got me with the giant slaughterfish) and mudcrabs. Finally got the guts to check it out and it wasn't as deep as it looks, also held a skeleton and some treasure. 

Never stand on a grate that you can't see the bottom of

Grolahmul
August 27, 2015
KittyKron

what's the achievment called?

by Grolahmul
August 27, 2015
KittyKron

Kronvullok
August 27, 2015
GoldGonian

It's called "Master Criminal."

by Kronvullok
August 27, 2015
GoldGonian

It's called "Master Criminal."

Shadow
August 28, 2015
KittyKron

Well I know what my new goal is 

by Shadow
August 28, 2015
KittyKron

Grolahmul
August 28, 2015
Shadow

lol

by Grolahmul
August 28, 2015
Shadow

lol

Liis
Administrator
August 30, 2015
Thread moved to The Elder Scrolls General Discussion Forum to fit the criterion.
by Liis
August 30, 2015
Thread moved to The Elder Scrolls General Discussion Forum to fit the criterion.

Vulondovah21
September 19, 2015

Dumbest thing I did was try to headshot a bunch of mages at Morvunskar from a far enough distance with little archery skill. I do not remember what the bow was. The arrows were iron or ancient nord arrows. Taking out all of the mages took an hour or two since I was also unaccustomed to how archery was used in game. Most of the arrows went over everyone, and the shots were almost always glancing shots.

by Vulondovah21
September 19, 2015

Dumbest thing I did was try to headshot a bunch of mages at Morvunskar from a far enough distance with little archery skill. I do not remember what the bow was. The arrows were iron or ancient nord arrows. Taking out all of the mages took an hour or two since I was also unaccustomed to how archery was used in game. Most of the arrows went over everyone, and the shots were almost always glancing shots.

GodofGames2468
September 23, 2015

The dumbest thing I ever done was either kill parthunax *eventually loaded last save* or join the empire........ joining the empire was the dumbest thing.... good thing I didnt save that time

by GodofGames2468
September 23, 2015

The dumbest thing I ever done was either kill parthunax *eventually loaded last save* or join the empire........ joining the empire was the dumbest thing.... good thing I didnt save that time

<<  <  1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.