May 6, 2022

What about Laar for water? it's from the Official Dragon Dictionary

by Hahdrimdrog
May 6, 2022

What about Laar for water? it's from the Official Dragon Dictionary

StolenSweetroll
September 1, 2022
paarthurnax

If you have a translation to add to the English-Dragon dictionary, share below and we'll add it or discuss other alternatives. Suggestions can include:

• Irregular verbs that don't show up in the Translator (e.g. "gone" or "went")
  • Close synonyms with existing vocabulary (e.g. "soldier" for kendov "warrior")
  • Phrasal verbs (e.g. "give up" for gahvon)
  • English idioms that don't have dragon equivalents (e.g. "I'm going to ...", "What's up?" etc.)
  • Other phrases or words that would be best translated as something other than the word-by-word translation.

We may move to a translation submission system at some point, but we'll be managing this through this thread for now. Share your ideas below!

Could "Myself" have a translation? I was thinking something like "Moksal" or smth

by StolenSweetroll
September 1, 2022
paarthurnax

If you have a translation to add to the English-Dragon dictionary, share below and we'll add it or discuss other alternatives. Suggestions can include:

• English idioms that don't have dragon equivalents (e.g. "I'm going to ...", "What's up?" etc.)
  • Other phrases or words that would be best translated as something other than the word-by-word translation.

We may move to a translation submission system at some point, but we'll be managing this through this thread for now. Share your ideas below!

Could "Myself" have a translation? I was thinking something like "Moksal" or smth

Frinmulaar
September 5, 2022
StolenSweetroll

This thread is for patching up the faults of the translator using existing canon material. That means no new dragon words.

by Frinmulaar
September 5, 2022
StolenSweetroll

This thread is for patching up the faults of the translator using existing canon material. That means no new dragon words.

Trazyn
April 12, 2023
paarthurnax

There are two words in the labyrinth that don't show up in the translator: LOTAH and QAHD, meaning "lever"/"chain" and "chest" respectively.

by Trazyn
April 12, 2023
paarthurnax

There are two words in the labyrinth that don't show up in the translator: LOTAH and QAHD, meaning "lever"/"chain" and "chest" respectively.

EchoRequiem
April 19, 2023

I noticed when I translated "queen" it came out with "jud"
But when I translated "queens" nothing translated. Should we add that to the jud translation? Or make a "juds"? I'm not familar with the grammer just yet, but I feel like queens is close enough that it should atleast pop up if you translate it.

by EchoRequiem
April 19, 2023

I noticed when I translated "queen" it came out with "jud"
But when I translated "queens" nothing translated. Should we add that to the jud translation? Or make a "juds"? I'm not familar with the grammer just yet, but I feel like queens is close enough that it should atleast pop up if you translate it.

Paazkreinaaz
May 28, 2023

Drem yol lok!

[ASK]

"Ask" -- Love (both verb and noun)

It's canon word but I didn't find that word in Translator.

by Paazkreinaaz
May 28, 2023

Drem yol lok!

[ASK]

"Ask" -- Love (both verb and noun)

It's canon word but I didn't find that word in Translator.

Paazkreinaaz
May 29, 2023

[drem yol lok] Drem yol lok!

I noticed that the Translator does not translate from Dragon to English many words that are in the dictionary. Even the simplest - Thuum (also thu`um and other variants) does not have a translation, although if you translate Shout from English to Dragon, then there is a translation.
At least it's weird.

by Paazkreinaaz
May 29, 2023

[drem yol lok] Drem yol lok!

I noticed that the Translator does not translate from Dragon to English many words that are in the dictionary. Even the simplest - Thuum (also thu`um and other variants) does not have a translation, although if you translate Shout from English to Dragon, then there is a translation.
At least it's weird.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20