Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 > >>  

Kyx
December 5, 2017

Drem Yol Lok, I am Kyx, from Birmingham, England. I am studying physics at the University of Hull.

by Kyx
December 5, 2017

Drem Yol Lok, I am Kyx, from Birmingham, England. I am studying physics at the University of Hull.

Zinrahzul
December 5, 2017
@Kyx Pruzah grind, wunduniik! Well met, traveler!
by Zinrahzul
December 5, 2017
@Kyx Pruzah grind, wunduniik! Well met, traveler!

Potatoe Pope
December 12, 2017

Drem Yol Lok, I am the Pope of Potatoes. I am from Alexandria Virginia and I am currently enrolled in T.C. Williams.

by Potatoe Pope
December 12, 2017

Drem Yol Lok, I am the Pope of Potatoes. I am from Alexandria Virginia and I am currently enrolled in T.C. Williams.

LadyWallace
December 30, 2017

Greeting everyone,

I'm Lady Wallace and I blame my sister. I got her the Skyrim: Elder Scrolls for Yule (Christmas) and when I was watching her discover her first word wall the first thing out of her mouth was, "What does that say!!!" Now I want to play the game too, but most of all I want to know Dragon language.

While I will struggle with speaking Dragon, I don't fear I will struggle with learning the runes and maybe the written form.

Many thanks Paarthurnax for putting this site together.

by LadyWallace
December 30, 2017

Greeting everyone,

I'm Lady Wallace and I blame my sister. I got her the Skyrim: Elder Scrolls for Yule (Christmas) and when I was watching her discover her first word wall the first thing out of her mouth was, "What does that say!!!" Now I want to play the game too, but most of all I want to know Dragon language.

While I will struggle with speaking Dragon, I don't fear I will struggle with learning the runes and maybe the written form.

Many thanks Paarthurnax for putting this site together.

Fronlaasfrin
January 3, 2018

Drem yol lok, fadron!

I am baryonyx69 (not sure if I should put my real name, so I won't). I like dinosaurs, Kaiju, Elder Scrolls (obviously) and some sports. I really feel like this is a College-of-Winterhold-type thing, but for the Dovahzul.

Thanks for reading this!

by Fronlaasfrin
January 3, 2018

Drem yol lok, fadron!

I am baryonyx69 (not sure if I should put my real name, so I won't). I like dinosaurs, Kaiju, Elder Scrolls (obviously) and some sports. I really feel like this is a College-of-Winterhold-type thing, but for the Dovahzul.

Thanks for reading this!

scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Wow, my original post was so old on here (second page) that it was terribly innacurate. Time for a new one!

You can call me Brynja or Sky. I've been on this site for ages, on and off. You can find me at Tumblr for now.

I was super into the creation of new/semi-canon words (and still am). I am somewhat bitter that TES devs aren't clueing us into some mystery words we know exist but can't translate..... <.<

I write Skyrim fanfiction, though I'm currently working on the final installment of a series after which I probably will not write anymore TES fanfiction just because I've been doing it since 2012. My first series has a lot of Dovahzul but my current series has some, too. You can find all of my works at ArchiveOfOurOwn. I'm trying my hand at original fiction but my brain is pretty much one-tracked so I can't fully commit until my current TES series is finished.

I'm an anthropologist/archaeologist. Got my PhD in 2016. Currently doing some post-doc stuff, pro-bono (*cough, cough*) as I float between two continents for personal reasons. I also do freelance editing and proofreading. 

I'm a language nerd, did a double major in Anth and Latin. Learned Spanish in school, using it now while living in South America, self taught/learned French. I love etymology most of all, picking apart words to look at its parts. I also love theorizing about some untranslated dragon words, but my fancies are usually just that and nothing more. I tend to see connections that don't exist. 

Aaaand I love vidya games. I'm currently on a Hearthstone kick because my laptop can't play "real" games. :)

by scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Wow, my original post was so old on here (second page) that it was terribly innacurate. Time for a new one!

You can call me Brynja or Sky. I've been on this site for ages, on and off. You can find me at Tumblr for now.

I was super into the creation of new/semi-canon words (and still am). I am somewhat bitter that TES devs aren't clueing us into some mystery words we know exist but can't translate..... <.<

I write Skyrim fanfiction, though I'm currently working on the final installment of a series after which I probably will not write anymore TES fanfiction just because I've been doing it since 2012. My first series has a lot of Dovahzul but my current series has some, too. You can find all of my works at ArchiveOfOurOwn. I'm trying my hand at original fiction but my brain is pretty much one-tracked so I can't fully commit until my current TES series is finished.

I'm an anthropologist/archaeologist. Got my PhD in 2016. Currently doing some post-doc stuff, pro-bono (*cough, cough*) as I float between two continents for personal reasons. I also do freelance editing and proofreading. 

I'm a language nerd, did a double major in Anth and Latin. Learned Spanish in school, using it now while living in South America, self taught/learned French. I love etymology most of all, picking apart words to look at its parts. I also love theorizing about some untranslated dragon words, but my fancies are usually just that and nothing more. I tend to see connections that don't exist. 

Aaaand I love vidya games. I'm currently on a Hearthstone kick because my laptop can't play "real" games. :)

Nahlaasdrem
January 15, 2018

Drem yol lok!

I'm Nahlaasdrem, and I'm extremely eager to join this website!

I've been playing Skyrim in particular since I was eight years old (my older brother got it originally) and being the introvert that I am, I basically had no contact with the outside world for at least a month after discovering it. I still love it, and although my original save file is no more, I still play Skyrim to this day.

I'm currently heavily studing math and life sciences, hoping to become a  marine biologist or veterinarian. I have two dogs (a golden retriever named Walter and a rat terrier named Dobby), as well as a betta fish named Akatosh and a water snail named Zenithar. (No one else in my family has played The Elder Scrolls, so they think I just come up with odd names off the top of my head.)

If you'd like to contact me, my Discord is WildAsTheWolf, #5645.

Until next time!

by Nahlaasdrem
January 15, 2018

Drem yol lok!

I'm Nahlaasdrem, and I'm extremely eager to join this website!

I've been playing Skyrim in particular since I was eight years old (my older brother got it originally) and being the introvert that I am, I basically had no contact with the outside world for at least a month after discovering it. I still love it, and although my original save file is no more, I still play Skyrim to this day.

I'm currently heavily studing math and life sciences, hoping to become a  marine biologist or veterinarian. I have two dogs (a golden retriever named Walter and a rat terrier named Dobby), as well as a betta fish named Akatosh and a water snail named Zenithar. (No one else in my family has played The Elder Scrolls, so they think I just come up with odd names off the top of my head.)

If you'd like to contact me, my Discord is WildAsTheWolf, #5645.

Until next time!

Fronlaasfrin
January 16, 2018
@Nahlaasdrem great pet names
by Fronlaasfrin
January 16, 2018

Nahlaasdrem
January 17, 2018
Jirirar

Hah, thanks.

by Nahlaasdrem
January 17, 2018
Jirirar

Hah, thanks.

Vokuntuz
January 23, 2018

Hi!  I can't even express how excited I am to find out that there is an actual site to learning the Dragon lanuage!  

I've always loved hearing the dragons speak, it just sounds so amazing!  I'm hoping to learn just as quickly as I can!  

Thanks so much for putting this site together!

by Vokuntuz
January 23, 2018

Hi!  I can't even express how excited I am to find out that there is an actual site to learning the Dragon lanuage!  

I've always loved hearing the dragons speak, it just sounds so amazing!  I'm hoping to learn just as quickly as I can!  

Thanks so much for putting this site together!

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 23, 2018
@Vokuntuz You're welcome, happy to help whenever you have questions!
by paarthurnax
January 23, 2018
@Vokuntuz You're welcome, happy to help whenever you have questions!

Deyra
January 24, 2018

Drem Yol Lok, Dovahkiin! I have been in love with Elder Scrolls ever since I first played Oblivion when I was about 8 or 9 years old. As I've gotten older and played more of the games I've only grown more obsessed with all the lore within the series. I was incredibly excited to discover this site, I've wanted to learn more about dovahzul in all my years playing Skyrim, and now I finally can!

by Deyra
January 24, 2018

Drem Yol Lok, Dovahkiin! I have been in love with Elder Scrolls ever since I first played Oblivion when I was about 8 or 9 years old. As I've gotten older and played more of the games I've only grown more obsessed with all the lore within the series. I was incredibly excited to discover this site, I've wanted to learn more about dovahzul in all my years playing Skyrim, and now I finally can!

thurdoal
February 7, 2018

This post has been deleted.

by thurdoal
February 7, 2018

This post has been deleted.

Boi90
February 25, 2018
I'm Boi90 wich is also my skyrim username and I just became obsessed with skyrim like 2 months ago and the second I found the book Dragon language a myth no more I was obsessed with learning dovahzul.
by Boi90
February 25, 2018
I'm Boi90 wich is also my skyrim username and I just became obsessed with skyrim like 2 months ago and the second I found the book Dragon language a myth no more I was obsessed with learning dovahzul.

Mannalos
March 11, 2018

Drem yol lok! I thought I might as well put some Dovahzul in there.

I am Mannalos Stormshadow (of course not my real name, no matter how much I dream), though I go by simply as Mannalos for most usernames. However, in my Dovah form, I am Rahmulmir- Gods, Strength, Allegiance.

I am currently still in secondary school in little old England, just having picked my GCSEs. This is of obviously why I'm revising Dragon instead of Spanish. I'm doing history, D.T and drama. Fantasy is my life, having been a great lover of JRR Tolkien since as far back as I can remember, playing the hell out of Skyrim, DMing my first campaign last year and recently beginning to read GoT.

I trust this is a place where I can finally, truly, hone my nerdic (See what I did there? Nordic? No?) ambitions. Thank you!

by Mannalos
March 11, 2018

Drem yol lok! I thought I might as well put some Dovahzul in there.

I am Mannalos Stormshadow (of course not my real name, no matter how much I dream), though I go by simply as Mannalos for most usernames. However, in my Dovah form, I am Rahmulmir- Gods, Strength, Allegiance.

I am currently still in secondary school in little old England, just having picked my GCSEs. This is of obviously why I'm revising Dragon instead of Spanish. I'm doing history, D.T and drama. Fantasy is my life, having been a great lover of JRR Tolkien since as far back as I can remember, playing the hell out of Skyrim, DMing my first campaign last year and recently beginning to read GoT.

I trust this is a place where I can finally, truly, hone my nerdic (See what I did there? Nordic? No?) ambitions. Thank you!

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.