October 4, 2015
If it's in that ballpark, it'll take some time
by Liis
October 4, 2015
If it's in that ballpark, it'll take some time

DarkPanda
October 6, 2015

Ahnok!!

This is my first post, and whilst I understand the basics of dovahzul, the whole language seems pretty daunting, I'd love some ideas on how to tackle learning this please :)

Background info:
Been an elder scrolls fan since morrowind, and whilst I favour oblivion over skyrim I still love the Dovah, and would love to speak their language :D
I'm fluent in English & French (mostly) and once knew spanish, I've studied languages for the most part of my life, I'm pretty good at picking them up ;) But dovahzul's patterns are quite different aha, just looking for tips <3

by DarkPanda
October 6, 2015

Ahnok!!

This is my first post, and whilst I understand the basics of dovahzul, the whole language seems pretty daunting, I'd love some ideas on how to tackle learning this please :)

Background info:
Been an elder scrolls fan since morrowind, and whilst I favour oblivion over skyrim I still love the Dovah, and would love to speak their language :D
I'm fluent in English & French (mostly) and once knew spanish, I've studied languages for the most part of my life, I'm pretty good at picking them up ;) But dovahzul's patterns are quite different aha, just looking for tips <3

SAA2000
October 6, 2015
DarkPanda

Ahnok!!

Background info:

Thanks for posting man! And just a reminder to everyone, I will be posting Day 1 of the class on the 19 October. Keep yourselves updated!

by SAA2000
October 6, 2015
DarkPanda

Ahnok!!

Background info:

Thanks for posting man! And just a reminder to everyone, I will be posting Day 1 of the class on the 19 October. Keep yourselves updated!

SAA2000
October 18, 2015

Class starts tomorrow! So that means that you can access the day by day worksheets and power points on google drive. I will supply the url tomorrow.

by SAA2000
October 18, 2015

Class starts tomorrow! So that means that you can access the day by day worksheets and power points on google drive. I will supply the url tomorrow.

SAA2000
October 23, 2015

Due to a family emergency, the class did not start on Monday but it is starting today! I will be posting a list of what was handed out and the link to the google drive folder with the dovahzul papers and everything. I will put up a list of the dates we have class so you can stay up to date. If you need help with anything you can PM me, Liis, or any other person who knows the language well. Happy learning.

by SAA2000
October 23, 2015

Due to a family emergency, the class did not start on Monday but it is starting today! I will be posting a list of what was handed out and the link to the google drive folder with the dovahzul papers and everything. I will put up a list of the dates we have class so you can stay up to date. If you need help with anything you can PM me, Liis, or any other person who knows the language well. Happy learning.

Ahbiilok
November 1, 2015

@SAA2000 I meant I could help teach if needed.

by Ahbiilok
November 1, 2015

@SAA2000 I meant I could help teach if needed.

Alduin World Eater
November 2, 2015

This Dovahzul class sounds like a great idea! I think I'll start one at my school sometime soon.

by Alduin World Eater
November 2, 2015

This Dovahzul class sounds like a great idea! I think I'll start one at my school sometime soon.

Kirrith Kerman
January 19, 2016

Is this thread still going? or is there a new one? I'd be interested to hear what became of the class!

by Kirrith Kerman
January 19, 2016

Is this thread still going? or is there a new one? I'd be interested to hear what became of the class!

SAA2000
January 21, 2016

@Kirrith Kerman Sadly it was disbanded due to lack of enthusiasm among the students. At the end I had but one deciple left so we continue alone and not with the five other classmates. If anyone would still like to learn, I will be willing to take on a few more students. More news of this is to come.

by SAA2000
January 21, 2016

@Kirrith Kerman Sadly it was disbanded due to lack of enthusiasm among the students. At the end I had but one deciple left so we continue alone and not with the five other classmates. If anyone would still like to learn, I will be willing to take on a few more students. More news of this is to come.

Kirrith Kerman
February 15, 2016

I mean, while i assume you're posting from good ol' 'merica, my attendance records will be absolute garbage seeing as i can't actually be there, but i would still love to actually have someone help me with learning. The memrise course, i was told, is outdated, and I don't want to learn a language and then have to re-learn it, but I would absolutely love to check Dovahzul of my list of languages to learn.

In other words, if you're the teacher, I'm a student!

That is, of course, only if you want to be teacher, just saying!

by Kirrith Kerman
February 15, 2016

I mean, while i assume you're posting from good ol' 'merica, my attendance records will be absolute garbage seeing as i can't actually be there, but i would still love to actually have someone help me with learning. The memrise course, i was told, is outdated, and I don't want to learn a language and then have to re-learn it, but I would absolutely love to check Dovahzul of my list of languages to learn.

ImaginaryPart
February 18, 2016

Is there also a possibility to do things like this in germany (grammar school)? That would be very nice ^^

I know that it's not that easy here to organize things like this happening in the school building itself. At the moment our rooms are used as much as possible. My class was often "thrown out" of our class room, because some other people needed it...

Pity...

But by the way I showed this language my latin teacher. I gave him the short memorizeable URL: thuum.org. He appreciated it ^^. He would like to see, what I made, when I get advanced at this language.

by ImaginaryPart
February 18, 2016

Is there also a possibility to do things like this in germany (grammar school)? That would be very nice ^^

I know that it's not that easy here to organize things like this happening in the school building itself. At the moment our rooms are used as much as possible. My class was often "thrown out" of our class room, because some other people needed it...

Pity...

But by the way I showed this language my latin teacher. I gave him the short memorizeable URL: thuum.org. He appreciated it ^^. He would like to see, what I made, when I get advanced at this language.

Kirrith Kerman
February 19, 2016

Sweet, I'm in germany too! You don't happen to be in berlin, right? 

by Kirrith Kerman
February 19, 2016

Sweet, I'm in germany too! You don't happen to be in berlin, right? 

SAA2000
March 3, 2016
Kirrith Kerman

I have been contacted by a few people who feel this way as well. I might make an online class (on google classroom or something) starting in June and it will be a summer class. If anyone is interested, PM me so I know I should in fact do this.

by SAA2000
March 3, 2016
Kirrith Kerman

I have been contacted by a few people who feel this way as well. I might make an online class (on google classroom or something) starting in June and it will be a summer class. If anyone is interested, PM me so I know I should in fact do this.

Matthias
March 14, 2016

Is there evr gong to be something like a recording so I, and many late adaptors can learn it without having to botherr you all?

by Matthias
March 14, 2016

Is there evr gong to be something like a recording so I, and many late adaptors can learn it without having to botherr you all?

Duryoljot
March 30, 2016

Reading through this thread is depressing as all hell! It's like a sad story!

I have been planning a similar program, but rather for uno y uno (one on one, and yes I know y means "and"), a master and an apprentice type-deal. I am still learning much of the Legacy dictionary (as that one is actually practical in school!), and would like to know if any documents are still available from your class...

Oh, and hi to the German people who flooded this thread. Almost two out of three posting throughout this were German, apparently! 

by Duryoljot
March 30, 2016

Reading through this thread is depressing as all hell! It's like a sad story!

I have been planning a similar program, but rather for uno y uno (one on one, and yes I know y means "and"), a master and an apprentice type-deal. I am still learning much of the Legacy dictionary (as that one is actually practical in school!), and would like to know if any documents are still available from your class...

Oh, and hi to the German people who flooded this thread. Almost two out of three posting throughout this were German, apparently! 

<<  <  1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.