Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fictional Ideas (Let Your Imagination Run Wild!)

<<  <  1  2  3 

Duryoljot
May 19, 2016

@Vulreytholm, you really don't get out much, do you?

by Duryoljot
May 19, 2016

@Vulreytholm, you really don't get out much, do you?

Ouranos
May 19, 2016

Let's just skip that topic before we offend the internet, shall we?

by Ouranos
May 19, 2016

Let's just skip that topic before we offend the internet, shall we?

Hahdremro
May 19, 2016

I have an idea about a world in which a multitude of mythologies from throughout history have suddenly popped into existence, through a series of cataclysmic interdimensional mergings known as Awakenings. Pantheons from around the world are now tangible, and they are immensely powerful. Japanese kami, Norse gods, and even the heroes of Greek and Roman legends have been forcibly brought into our plane of existence.

With these malevolent, supernatural entities wreaking havoc across the globe, a world government rose to power to fight the hordes of Myths, Gods, and Spirits, creating specialized task forces known as Watchmen (or Watchers) to hunt down the unnatural menace. A Great War ravages entire countries. The previous world order crumbles in a matter of months. Without the protection of the shadowy organization of Watchers, humanity was surely bound to perish. Yet our resilience held out, and we conquered the multitudes of Heavens and Hells, harnessing their raw and mysterious Spirit energy with fantastic machines and newly-discovered arcane rituals.

Years later, the world government (now known as The Overseers or The Protectors) has taken control over a vast portion of the world and is keeping the population in submission through subtle manipulation and constant promises of protection against the now-defeated Spirits. An Orwellian government is subduing any attempts to rebel, and even those Spirits which were peaceful and good are all but extinct.

A rebel movement of Spirit sympathizers scattered across the globe are secretly housing a few remaining Spirits in their homes, in an elaborate Underground Railroad. But the Watchmen are still in power, and they are on constant vigil for even the slightest sign of Spirit activity. Raids of private property are commonplace, and there are Reeducation Camps designed to brainwash uncooperative civilians in most major cities.

With humanity being controlled by the brutal Overseers, the few Spirits left are forced to hide in the homes of the kind humans who are part of the Underground Railroad. Underground bunkers are sometimes built to house these Spirits, but more often than not, they are captured by Watchmen raids and taken away, still "alive," to an unknown location. Even most of the Watchman officers don't know what happens to these Spirits, but they know it's unpleasant. With doubters among their ranks, some Watchmen are sympathetic to the cause of the Underground Railroad. These dissenters are swiftly rooted out and quietly executed.

Anyway, this is the world I'm building. I'm fully willing to allow others to write in this setting, as long as there's plenty of communication with me to keep details accurate. If you want to try writing a story in the Awakening universe, please message me, and I'll be more than happy to help you in any way I can! :D

by Hahdremro
May 19, 2016

I have an idea about a world in which a multitude of mythologies from throughout history have suddenly popped into existence, through a series of cataclysmic interdimensional mergings known as Awakenings. Pantheons from around the world are now tangible, and they are immensely powerful. Japanese kami, Norse gods, and even the heroes of Greek and Roman legends have been forcibly brought into our plane of existence.

With these malevolent, supernatural entities wreaking havoc across the globe, a world government rose to power to fight the hordes of Myths, Gods, and Spirits, creating specialized task forces known as Watchmen (or Watchers) to hunt down the unnatural menace. A Great War ravages entire countries. The previous world order crumbles in a matter of months. Without the protection of the shadowy organization of Watchers, humanity was surely bound to perish. Yet our resilience held out, and we conquered the multitudes of Heavens and Hells, harnessing their raw and mysterious Spirit energy with fantastic machines and newly-discovered arcane rituals.

Years later, the world government (now known as The Overseers or The Protectors) has taken control over a vast portion of the world and is keeping the population in submission through subtle manipulation and constant promises of protection against the now-defeated Spirits. An Orwellian government is subduing any attempts to rebel, and even those Spirits which were peaceful and good are all but extinct.

A rebel movement of Spirit sympathizers scattered across the globe are secretly housing a few remaining Spirits in their homes, in an elaborate Underground Railroad. But the Watchmen are still in power, and they are on constant vigil for even the slightest sign of Spirit activity. Raids of private property are commonplace, and there are Reeducation Camps designed to brainwash uncooperative civilians in most major cities.

With humanity being controlled by the brutal Overseers, the few Spirits left are forced to hide in the homes of the kind humans who are part of the Underground Railroad. Underground bunkers are sometimes built to house these Spirits, but more often than not, they are captured by Watchmen raids and taken away, still "alive," to an unknown location. Even most of the Watchman officers don't know what happens to these Spirits, but they know it's unpleasant. With doubters among their ranks, some Watchmen are sympathetic to the cause of the Underground Railroad. These dissenters are swiftly rooted out and quietly executed.

Anyway, this is the world I'm building. I'm fully willing to allow others to write in this setting, as long as there's plenty of communication with me to keep details accurate. If you want to try writing a story in the Awakening universe, please message me, and I'll be more than happy to help you in any way I can! :D

Ouranos
May 19, 2016

^  Wow, this guy is good

|

|

by Ouranos
May 19, 2016

^  Wow, this guy is good

|

|

Hahdremro
May 19, 2016
Ouranos

^  Wow, this guy is good

|

|

I'm a bard. Storytelling is my art. Details are my specialty. We storytellers are, in a way, more powerful than the greatest mages. They can create spells. We can create entire worlds.

I've come up with a few other world ideas, and I enjoy few things in life as much as I enjoy writing stories of my own design. Sharing those ideas is one of the best parts of being a bard. Sparking a reader's interest in an idea is invigorating, and I do it whenever possible. That's what drives me to write, and to constantly improve my writing.

by Hahdremro
May 19, 2016
Ouranos

^  Wow, this guy is good

|

|

I'm a bard. Storytelling is my art. Details are my specialty. We storytellers are, in a way, more powerful than the greatest mages. They can create spells. We can create entire worlds.

I've come up with a few other world ideas, and I enjoy few things in life as much as I enjoy writing stories of my own design. Sharing those ideas is one of the best parts of being a bard. Sparking a reader's interest in an idea is invigorating, and I do it whenever possible. That's what drives me to write, and to constantly improve my writing.

Vulreytholm
May 19, 2016
Wow, a real [sonaan], which is bard in Dovahzul. I made a cool universe for a book about dragons, but I sort of am still writing it. I started the book in Singapore when visiting my cousin's and it was pretty funny so I kept writing. It has some background but it is nowhere near as detailed and amazing as Dronizian's. Sadly, I don't really want to let others use theither world I made, but I have plenty of other ideas.
by Vulreytholm
May 19, 2016
Wow, a real [sonaan], which is bard in Dovahzul. I made a cool universe for a book about dragons, but I sort of am still writing it. I started the book in Singapore when visiting my cousin's and it was pretty funny so I kept writing. It has some background but it is nowhere near as detailed and amazing as Dronizian's. Sadly, I don't really want to let others use theither world I made, but I have plenty of other ideas.
<<  <  1  2  3 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.