Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What is your prefurred fight style and what was your last character?

<<  <  1  2  3  4 > >>  

[deleted]
December 14, 2019

This post has been deleted.

by [deleted]
December 14, 2019

This post has been deleted.

[deleted]
December 14, 2019

My preffered fight style is dual weilding my Round Stabber of Health Sponge(dragonbone war axe with absorb health enchantment) and my Stabber of Health Sponge(dragonbone sword with absorg health enchantment) with fully decked out enchanted Dragonplate Armor(except for my boots because I do not have boot encantments) and I am a Khajiit at level 44 (at least I was before I got Special Edition while deleting Legendary Edition with ALL OF THE QUESTLINES COMPLETE)

by [deleted]
December 14, 2019

My preffered fight style is dual weilding my Round Stabber of Health Sponge(dragonbone war axe with absorb health enchantment) and my Stabber of Health Sponge(dragonbone sword with absorg health enchantment) with fully decked out enchanted Dragonplate Armor(except for my boots because I do not have boot encantments) and I am a Khajiit at level 44 (at least I was before I got Special Edition while deleting Legendary Edition with ALL OF THE QUESTLINES COMPLETE)

Glade
December 15, 2019
WorldEater

Woah....Almost as bad as saving over a game where all main quest are done and everything bought and built. And for the fun of it killed all that you could that would respawn are get replaced. No mods and ALLLOT of time spent.

by Glade
December 15, 2019
WorldEater

Woah....Almost as bad as saving over a game where all main quest are done and everything bought and built. And for the fun of it killed all that you could that would respawn are get replaced. No mods and ALLLOT of time spent.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 26, 2019

Battlemage (heavy armour, 1H sword, destruction, resto, +) or pure mage (all but illusion)  are my defaults in anygame  Nothing beats killing it with fire, frost and lightning in my opinion and I like having armour and a sword so I don't have to kite so much and can still smack things once my magicka runs out. And I always love some conjuration.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 26, 2019

Battlemage (heavy armour, 1H sword, destruction, resto, +) or pure mage (all but illusion)  are my defaults in anygame  Nothing beats killing it with fire, frost and lightning in my opinion and I like having armour and a sword so I don't have to kite so much and can still smack things once my magicka runs out. And I always love some conjuration.

JayStorm324
January 8, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

Honestly, I personally cannot call a weapon+spell character a battlemage unless the character is spell first (dual casting destuction spells). That is a good playstyle, just I dislike what the battlemages have become since Morrowind.

by JayStorm324
January 8, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

Honestly, I personally cannot call a weapon+spell character a battlemage unless the character is spell first (dual casting destuction spells). That is a good playstyle, just I dislike what the battlemages have become since Morrowind.

Sonaak Kroinlah
January 9, 2020
JayStorm324

Dual cast never seems worth it except for the stagger perk. I think the point is always to cast first and switch when you run out of magicka (rather then burning through potions). Although Oblivion gave much more mixed style options with it's touch spells.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
January 9, 2020
JayStorm324

Dual cast never seems worth it except for the stagger perk. I think the point is always to cast first and switch when you run out of magicka (rather then burning through potions). Although Oblivion gave much more mixed style options with it's touch spells.

OED Kaldmit
January 9, 2020
@Sonaak Kroinlah that is why you go with the sneaky archer until you are discovered then dual wield
by OED Kaldmit
January 9, 2020
@Sonaak Kroinlah that is why you go with the sneaky archer until you are discovered then dual wield

[deleted]
January 10, 2020

that post with the dragonbone and plate aromr and weopons was LE. I use SE now.
my new character is a Nord Warrior called Hakun One-Eye. I use mods I do not need like Sauron Armor and LOTR Weapons

by [deleted]
January 10, 2020

that post with the dragonbone and plate aromr and weopons was LE. I use SE now.
my new character is a Nord Warrior called Hakun One-Eye. I use mods I do not need like Sauron Armor and LOTR Weapons

JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

The point of cast first then switch works for me. There is also, for me, the problem of playstyle. As it stands, most people have battlemage as weapon + magic + heavy armor, with Spellsword as weapon + magic + light armor. There is no playstyle difference beyond armor when most people talk about them. I feel it works best if battlemages are magic first then melee combat, while spellswords are pure balanced between the two styles.

by JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

The point of cast first then switch works for me. There is also, for me, the problem of playstyle. As it stands, most people have battlemage as weapon + magic + heavy armor, with Spellsword as weapon + magic + light armor. There is no playstyle difference beyond armor when most people talk about them. I feel it works best if battlemages are magic first then melee combat, while spellswords are pure balanced between the two styles.

Sonaak Kroinlah
January 10, 2020

Even if the only difference is between now much you can tank that can definitely be a huge point in some fights\games.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
January 10, 2020

Even if the only difference is between now much you can tank that can definitely be a huge point in some fights\games.

JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

my thing is, a Spellsword in Light armor can be as tanky as the heavily armored battlemage and the battlemage can be as mobile as a spellsword. That is not much of a difference when they play the exact same otherwise. A nightblade is stealthy and a sorcerer is pure magic with armor protection, even though they were originally not able to regenerate their magicka.

It would be fine if the playstyles were still more different than they are. Battlemage = heavy armor spellsword and spellsword = light armor battlemage are not playstyles.

by JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Sonaak Kroinlah

my thing is, a Spellsword in Light armor can be as tanky as the heavily armored battlemage and the battlemage can be as mobile as a spellsword. That is not much of a difference when they play the exact same otherwise. A nightblade is stealthy and a sorcerer is pure magic with armor protection, even though they were originally not able to regenerate their magicka.

It would be fine if the playstyles were still more different than they are. Battlemage = heavy armor spellsword and spellsword = light armor battlemage are not playstyles.

Liis
Administrator
January 10, 2020
@JayStorm324,

I disagree. The difference between using light armour and heavy armour as a battle-mage is much more noticeable on higher difficulties. Lower difficulties tend to be very forgiving, so all the armours will act very similar. Playing on Legendary, I cannot possibly do the things in light armour that I can do with heavy - flesh armour or not.

Whether or not they should be considered different playstyles is a different matter that I have no opinion on, but I whole-heartedly disagree with the idea that light armour can be as tanky as heavy armour - otherwise the damage differences against me wouldn't be so drastic.
by Liis
January 10, 2020
@JayStorm324,

I disagree. The difference between using light armour and heavy armour as a battle-mage is much more noticeable on higher difficulties. Lower difficulties tend to be very forgiving, so all the armours will act very similar. Playing on Legendary, I cannot possibly do the things in light armour that I can do with heavy - flesh armour or not.

Whether or not they should be considered different playstyles is a different matter that I have no opinion on, but I whole-heartedly disagree with the idea that light armour can be as tanky as heavy armour - otherwise the damage differences against me wouldn't be so drastic.

JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Liis
@JayStorm324, I disagree. The difference between using light armour and heavy armour as a battle-mage is much more noticeable on higher difficulties. Lower difficulties tend to be very forgiving, so all the armours will act very similar. Playing on Legendary, I cannot possibly do the things in light armour that I can do with heavy - flesh armour or not. Whether or not they should be considered different playstyles is a different matter that I have no opinion on, but I whole-heartedly disagree with the idea that light armour can be as tanky as heavy armour - otherwise the damage differences against me wouldn't be so drastic.

I think you misunderstand what I am trying to say. What I am trying to say is that people do not usually differentiate playstyles. The armor is what makes a battlemage different from a spellsword. I never bring up difficulty because t he higher the difficulty the less damage YOU do, so it is not as fair to the light armor characters in a straight fight on legendary, but Smithing can fix that late game, since all armors have a cap of about 567 or so AR, which equals around 80%-85% Damage Reduction.

What I would rather see is a differentiation of the two classes along playstyles rather than solely armor worn. A battlemage being someone in light armor who is cast fireball first swing sword second works just as well as a battmeage being someone in heavy armor who is melee and fireball at the same time.

by JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Liis
@JayStorm324, I disagree. The difference between using light armour and heavy armour as a battle-mage is much more noticeable on higher difficulties. Lower difficulties tend to be very forgiving, so all the armours will act very similar. Playing on Legendary, I cannot possibly do the things in light armour that I can do with heavy - flesh armour or not. Whether or not they should be considered different playstyles is a different matter that I have no opinion on, but I whole-heartedly disagree with the idea that light armour can be as tanky as heavy armour - otherwise the damage differences against me wouldn't be so drastic.

I think you misunderstand what I am trying to say. What I am trying to say is that people do not usually differentiate playstyles. The armor is what makes a battlemage different from a spellsword. I never bring up difficulty because t he higher the difficulty the less damage YOU do, so it is not as fair to the light armor characters in a straight fight on legendary, but Smithing can fix that late game, since all armors have a cap of about 567 or so AR, which equals around 80%-85% Damage Reduction.

What I would rather see is a differentiation of the two classes along playstyles rather than solely armor worn. A battlemage being someone in light armor who is cast fireball first swing sword second works just as well as a battmeage being someone in heavy armor who is melee and fireball at the same time.

Liis
Administrator
January 10, 2020
When you say that playing on different difficulties "skews" the results, that implies that there is some difficulty setting that you already had in mind as a basis for the entire debate which has yet to be shared in order to be followed accordingly. When playstyles are tested across videogames, the most common basis to test effectiveness is on the highest difficulty or under the most demanding situations such as high-skill players. I argue that the best basis for this debate would be on Legendary difficulty.

It all depends on the basis. So on lower difficulties, your declaration that armour type doesn't matter is true, on higher, it's not.
by Liis
January 10, 2020
When you say that playing on different difficulties "skews" the results, that implies that there is some difficulty setting that you already had in mind as a basis for the entire debate which has yet to be shared in order to be followed accordingly. When playstyles are tested across videogames, the most common basis to test effectiveness is on the highest difficulty or under the most demanding situations such as high-skill players. I argue that the best basis for this debate would be on Legendary difficulty.

It all depends on the basis. So on lower difficulties, your declaration that armour type doesn't matter is true, on higher, it's not.

JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Liis

Let me explain. I do not like when people say 'best basis for debate is the highest difficulty where enemy tears through non-crafting heavy armor builds' because of the fact that the higher difficulties are for players who want it. I work on a base level adept difficulty since damage is equal for both sides of the fight.

But the difficulty is not the point. my point is that EVERYONE calls a battlemage a heavy armor character with magic at spells at the same time when that is my definition of a spellsword playstyle. minus the armor ever being mentioned.

by JayStorm324
January 10, 2020
Liis

Let me explain. I do not like when people say 'best basis for debate is the highest difficulty where enemy tears through non-crafting heavy armor builds' because of the fact that the higher difficulties are for players who want it. I work on a base level adept difficulty since damage is equal for both sides of the fight.

But the difficulty is not the point. my point is that EVERYONE calls a battlemage a heavy armor character with magic at spells at the same time when that is my definition of a spellsword playstyle. minus the armor ever being mentioned.

<<  <  1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.