Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Christmas Songs 2018

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018
Oh, definitely. I just haven't continued working on it since the weekend. Any other songs to suggest before we go to stage 2?
by Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018
Oh, definitely. I just haven't continued working on it since the weekend. Any other songs to suggest before we go to stage 2?

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Which ones did you do last year? I don't want to suggest one that's already been done. The only things I can think of would be classics like "silent night" and "jingle bells".

Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell what day is it where you are so I can "translate" the deadlines to my timezone? 

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Which ones did you do last year? I don't want to suggest one that's already been done. The only things I can think of would be classics like "silent night" and "jingle bells".

Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell what day is it where you are so I can "translate" the deadlines to my timezone? 

Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018

I have the partial lyrics for the songs I did last year. They were "O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard On High, Jingle Bells."

I might insist that we keep the song limit to 5 songs to not overload us.

I live on EST, but the deadline isn't THAT hard -- especially when you've been very communicative. The only really "hard" deadline is the 15th, as that will give me time to work on the technical aspects. Since Ruvgein is the primary editor for "What Child Is This?", Ruv will have a different deadline and you'll have to ask.

by Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018

I have the partial lyrics for the songs I did last year. They were "O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard On High, Jingle Bells."

I might insist that we keep the song limit to 5 songs to not overload us.

I live on EST, but the deadline isn't THAT hard -- especially when you've been very communicative. The only really "hard" deadline is the 15th, as that will give me time to work on the technical aspects. Since Ruvgein is the primary editor for "What Child Is This?", Ruv will have a different deadline and you'll have to ask.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

I agree that 5 is a good idea. And that's good about the deadlines. I was under the impression Ruvgein was doing "What child is this" solo, or did I have that wrong?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

I agree that 5 is a good idea. And that's good about the deadlines. I was under the impression Ruvgein was doing "What child is this" solo, or did I have that wrong?

Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018

I had that initial impression, too, but Ruvgein has clarified, stating that people can join in.

by Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018

I had that initial impression, too, but Ruvgein has clarified, stating that people can join in.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Alright, I'll add that to the "to learn" list then. :)

Speaking of, is the second audio file for "Odahviing sahqo dovah" the final one?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Alright, I'll add that to the "to learn" list then. :)

Speaking of, is the second audio file for "Odahviing sahqo dovah" the final one?

Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018

Mostly, yes. I'll do another once-over starting tomorrow.

by Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018

Mostly, yes. I'll do another once-over starting tomorrow.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Okay. I need to practice keeping pace with you so I want to make sure I use the right version. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Okay. I need to practice keeping pace with you so I want to make sure I use the right version. :)

Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Right, I understand you're working from a disadvantage. I'll start on the other lyrics in the doc starting tomorrow. Let me know if there's anything else you need.. 

by Zinrahzul
December 2, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Right, I understand you're working from a disadvantage. I'll start on the other lyrics in the doc starting tomorrow. Let me know if there's anything else you need.. 

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Alright. As long as I know what's happening I'm good. :) I hope all these questions aren't too annoying. Let me know if I should back off.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 2, 2018

Alright. As long as I know what's happening I'm good. :) I hope all these questions aren't too annoying. Let me know if I should back off.

Zinrahzul
December 3, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Okay then. If that's the case would it be possible to have the translation deadline sooner? I may be being overly cautious but it might be too hard to learn foreign language songs in only 4 days. 

Also, here is the version of We Three Kings I'm hoping to (approximately) work with if it's okay. It was my favourite growing up. :)

https://youtu.be/mjXP0TQVvEY

That video is locked behind Youtube's region lock. Can you give the artist name and release date so I can look it up (or an alternative link)?

by Zinrahzul
December 3, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Okay then. If that's the case would it be possible to have the translation deadline sooner? I may be being overly cautious but it might be too hard to learn foreign language songs in only 4 days. 

Also, here is the version of We Three Kings I'm hoping to (approximately) work with if it's okay. It was my favourite growing up. :)

https://youtu.be/mjXP0TQVvEY

That video is locked behind Youtube's region lock. Can you give the artist name and release date so I can look it up (or an alternative link)?

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 4, 2018

Sure. I don't know the release date sorry, but the artist is Aly & Aj.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 4, 2018

Sure. I don't know the release date sorry, but the artist is Aly & Aj.

Zinrahzul
December 4, 2018

Ok, so the last song will be "All I Want For Christmas Is You". It was the original request from Fronlaasfrin. That makes 5 songs and I think that's good for stage 1

Stage 2 begins! I have the lyrics complete for Rudolf, What Child Is This?, and We Three Kings; just two more to go. I expect we'll be able to get the lyrics complete within a couple of days. That'll give us plenty of time for recording!

by Zinrahzul
December 4, 2018

Ok, so the last song will be "All I Want For Christmas Is You". It was the original request from Fronlaasfrin. That makes 5 songs and I think that's good for stage 1

Stage 2 begins! I have the lyrics complete for Rudolf, What Child Is This?, and We Three Kings; just two more to go. I expect we'll be able to get the lyrics complete within a couple of days. That'll give us plenty of time for recording!

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 4, 2018

[zok morokei] Awesome! I hope more people join by then. Let me know if you need anything from me. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 4, 2018

[zok morokei] Awesome! I hope more people join by then. Let me know if you need anything from me. :)

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 5, 2018

Just a couple of questions\suggestions in regards to translations:

I don't get the use of "aamme" given that "aam" is a verb and can't be pluralised. Also "volaan" is weird in that it actually means "intruder" rather than "do not want". I can't think of alternatives (sorry) but I thought I'd mention it.

Im also wondering if "mur" would make a good spelling change for "myrhh"?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 5, 2018

Just a couple of questions\suggestions in regards to translations:

I don't get the use of "aamme" given that "aam" is a verb and can't be pluralised. Also "volaan" is weird in that it actually means "intruder" rather than "do not want". I can't think of alternatives (sorry) but I thought I'd mention it.

Im also wondering if "mur" would make a good spelling change for "myrhh"?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.