A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 26, 2014

Removed "sticky" from "Hankal" and added "companion" to "Onliin". It'll be important to distinguish between "Onliin" as "companion" as "Zeymahzin" as "companion".

There's a non-canon word "Koriid" that also means "companion" in the battle sense, so I'm going to move it and its synonyms to "Zeymahzin" instead. From it is a non-canon word "Koriidein" for "companionship", which I'm going to make into a new word based on "Zeymahzin" instead.

by paarthurnax
April 26, 2014

Removed "sticky" from "Hankal" and added "companion" to "Onliin". It'll be important to distinguish between "Onliin" as "companion" as "Zeymahzin" as "companion".

There's a non-canon word "Koriid" that also means "companion" in the battle sense, so I'm going to move it and its synonyms to "Zeymahzin" instead. From it is a non-canon word "Koriidein" for "companionship", which I'm going to make into a new word based on "Zeymahzin" instead.

Kleindolph
April 27, 2014

Korviin - Currency

Yuld - Money

I'm not too sure on what the difference between money and currency is, but I guess if there are multiple words for it in english it's ok?

by Kleindolph
April 27, 2014

Korviin - Currency

Yuld - Money

I'm not too sure on what the difference between money and currency is, but I guess if there are multiple words for it in english it's ok?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2014

The notes for "Yuld" mention it should mean "currency" as well, so I'll remove "Korviin" and expand the definition to "Yuld".

by paarthurnax
April 27, 2014

The notes for "Yuld" mention it should mean "currency" as well, so I'll remove "Korviin" and expand the definition to "Yuld".

Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014

Ahrot

Synonym: dispute

by Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014

Ahrot

Synonym: dispute

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2014

There are various unnecessary synonyms for "insult" and "offend" that I think I'll have "Ahrot" mean instead, as it means "wounding word". In the meantime, would you like to make a new word for "argue/dispute"?

by paarthurnax
April 27, 2014

There are various unnecessary synonyms for "insult" and "offend" that I think I'll have "Ahrot" mean instead, as it means "wounding word". In the meantime, would you like to make a new word for "argue/dispute"?

Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014
paarthurnax

Why? Does "Ahrot" not sound right?

by Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014
paarthurnax

Why? Does "Ahrot" not sound right?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2014

There are many non-canon words for "insult" or "offend", and I think "Ahrot" would be better translated as "to insult or offend" rather than "to argue", since it means "wounding word".

by paarthurnax
April 27, 2014

There are many non-canon words for "insult" or "offend", and I think "Ahrot" would be better translated as "to insult or offend" rather than "to argue", since it means "wounding word".

Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014
paarthurnax

So you wish for me to change it?

by Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014
paarthurnax

So you wish for me to change it?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2014

Geh, could you submit a new word for "to argue or dispute"?

by paarthurnax
April 27, 2014

Geh, could you submit a new word for "to argue or dispute"?

Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014

Zok brit uth!

by Mirkrilaar
April 27, 2014

Zok brit uth!

Mirkrilaar
April 28, 2014

Sahlovik

Synonym: decrepit

by Mirkrilaar
April 28, 2014

Sahlovik

Synonym: decrepit

Mirkrilaar
April 28, 2014

Wiif

Synonym: deride, scorn

by Mirkrilaar
April 28, 2014

Wiif

Synonym: deride, scorn

Mirkrilaar
April 28, 2014

Nahkaar

Synonym: reprisal,

by Mirkrilaar
April 28, 2014

Nahkaar

Synonym: reprisal,

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 28, 2014

I added "decrepit" to "Sahlovik" and "deride" to "Wiif". There is a canon word for "scorn" so I left that be. I also left "Nahkaar" as "revenge" alone since it's strictly in the "revenge/vengeance/avenge" family of words. I think a new word would be best that would fit "to retaliate" and "retaliation/reprisal".

by paarthurnax
April 28, 2014

I added "decrepit" to "Sahlovik" and "deride" to "Wiif". There is a canon word for "scorn" so I left that be. I also left "Nahkaar" as "revenge" alone since it's strictly in the "revenge/vengeance/avenge" family of words. I think a new word would be best that would fit "to retaliate" and "retaliation/reprisal".

Kleindolph
April 28, 2014
paarthurnax

Would you suggest a word for "to retaliate" that was somewhat similar in nature to "Nahkaar"? Since retaliation is a sort of revenge? or is the spirit of the words too different? If they embody similar spirit I would suggest "Nahkris" or "Nahkriis", or something same.

by Kleindolph
April 28, 2014
paarthurnax

Would you suggest a word for "to retaliate" that was somewhat similar in nature to "Nahkaar"? Since retaliation is a sort of revenge? or is the spirit of the words too different? If they embody similar spirit I would suggest "Nahkris" or "Nahkriis", or something same.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.