Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Watch the Skies

<<  <  1  2  3 

Arylos
March 14, 2015

I know this is resolved, but I just realized something that I think is nothing but more controversy, but I can't help it. It actually drove me insane and led to hours of editing the song to make sure I'm hearing right.

I wear Turtle Beach X12's and I know that they are not the best for this, they are better than Wal-Mart headphones. The X12's come with a bass control setting and when I set it to its minimum, I can hear something. In fact, the first line and beginning of the second line sound incredibly similar to the following.

Het los maar do joorre beyn

Hi fiik (inaudible)

And the "Xbox paal" repeating is more "het los maar" repeating.

Again, it may be skeletal and more than likely early words that were never finalized, but who knows? Since this is made in the same style as the other themes (30 voices layered 3 times), that may be what's blocking us. It may have been a small group of people and in haste of trying to make a cool sounding battle song from a skeleton side-recording, they edited the crap out of it to match the style. I think that if I edit the song by removing the bass, equilizing the song to a very narrow range of waves, slow it down, and maybe take out some background noise, I could fill in some blanks. I also have programs that could help and have helped me find what consonants were used in songs. (or at least a general idea)

Again, maybe it's a lost cause, but I can definitely hear something that is similar to Dovahzul in some way. Possibly an early form? Who knows.

by Arylos
March 14, 2015

I know this is resolved, but I just realized something that I think is nothing but more controversy, but I can't help it. It actually drove me insane and led to hours of editing the song to make sure I'm hearing right.

I wear Turtle Beach X12's and I know that they are not the best for this, they are better than Wal-Mart headphones. The X12's come with a bass control setting and when I set it to its minimum, I can hear something. In fact, the first line and beginning of the second line sound incredibly similar to the following.

Het los maar do joorre beyn

Hi fiik (inaudible)

And the "Xbox paal" repeating is more "het los maar" repeating.

Again, it may be skeletal and more than likely early words that were never finalized, but who knows? Since this is made in the same style as the other themes (30 voices layered 3 times), that may be what's blocking us. It may have been a small group of people and in haste of trying to make a cool sounding battle song from a skeleton side-recording, they edited the crap out of it to match the style. I think that if I edit the song by removing the bass, equilizing the song to a very narrow range of waves, slow it down, and maybe take out some background noise, I could fill in some blanks. I also have programs that could help and have helped me find what consonants were used in songs. (or at least a general idea)

Again, maybe it's a lost cause, but I can definitely hear something that is similar to Dovahzul in some way. Possibly an early form? Who knows.

Gronhaangein
October 22, 2015

Hi there.

I've just came here, after all this time because I can't let go of this song. I've always asuumed it to be some chopped up medieval latin, but after finding this post I've started to here more and more of dovahzul in it! So, obviously, I just have to decode it...even if it turns out to be just my imagination.

Here is what I think I'm hearing at the start:

Het los maar fod rel joor /Here is terror when ((it)) dominates ((the)) mortal

Frin jii fiz zul /Eager ??? ((to)) hurt ((with the)) voice -OR- Frin jii fiit su / Hot ? biting air

Het los, het los frin jii fiz zul (frin jii fiit su)

Ul in su rii. / Eternal master ((of the)) air essense.

I have next to no idea about the language and I know it's far from perfect, but what do you think? Is it anywhere near possible?!

by Gronhaangein
October 22, 2015

Hi there.

I've just came here, after all this time because I can't let go of this song. I've always asuumed it to be some chopped up medieval latin, but after finding this post I've started to here more and more of dovahzul in it! So, obviously, I just have to decode it...even if it turns out to be just my imagination.

Here is what I think I'm hearing at the start:

Het los maar fod rel joor /Here is terror when ((it)) dominates ((the)) mortal

Frin jii fiz zul /Eager ??? ((to)) hurt ((with the)) voice -OR- Frin jii fiit su / Hot ? biting air

Het los, het los frin jii fiz zul (frin jii fiit su)

Ul in su rii. / Eternal master ((of the)) air essense.

I have next to no idea about the language and I know it's far from perfect, but what do you think? Is it anywhere near possible?!

dovahnite
October 23, 2015

Oh right, I doubt this really means anything but I found a book about Word Walls a while ago ( http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Word_Wall ) and noticed a couple of them started off with phrases like het nok, or het mah, or het dir,  or something like that. Just for fun, maybe

HET NOK BEIN nah-GAAAH-di-NOOOK,

AZ-AH-RAN FAAL mu-NAAAX wo UUUNT,

WAH GRON KRI-LOT DI-LON DOOOO

so'n'gard wah'lein DO JUL ahrk FUNT . . .

Maybe Emil got bored one night and stuck one of the existing pieces of writing in one of Jeremy's battle songs or something, idk. Er, I'd better find something else to distract myself with, now . . .

Gronhaangein

/QUOTE

Hey, not bad. Some time when I've got a lot of free time to waste I'd like to go and come up with my own lyrics for the song (in dovah, English, or something else, whatever) but as far as I care yours works.

by dovahnite
October 23, 2015

Oh right, I doubt this really means anything but I found a book about Word Walls a while ago ( http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Word_Wall ) and noticed a couple of them started off with phrases like het nok, or het mah, or het dir,  or something like that. Just for fun, maybe

HET NOK BEIN nah-GAAAH-di-NOOOK,

AZ-AH-RAN FAAL mu-NAAAX wo UUUNT,

WAH GRON KRI-LOT DI-LON DOOOO

so'n'gard wah'lein DO JUL ahrk FUNT . . .

Maybe Emil got bored one night and stuck one of the existing pieces of writing in one of Jeremy's battle songs or something, idk. Er, I'd better find something else to distract myself with, now . . .

Gronhaangein

/QUOTE

Hey, not bad. Some time when I've got a lot of free time to waste I'd like to go and come up with my own lyrics for the song (in dovah, English, or something else, whatever) but as far as I care yours works.

DovahKahjiit
November 27, 2015

A song in dragon...thats cool. Imagian a modern song in Dovahzul.

by DovahKahjiit
November 27, 2015

A song in dragon...thats cool. Imagian a modern song in Dovahzul.

<<  <  1  2  3 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.