A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Accidentally talking dovahzul

<<  <  1  2  3 

Mul klo riik
January 21, 2015
RedEyesBDovah

I sometimes talk to my four year old niece in Doahzul. Usually I just greet her with "Drem yol lok", to which she asks me to repeat what I say. I usally just follow with "Just speaking in Dragontongue".

Your the crazy uncle, aren't you? I wish I had a crazy uncle growing up. (and I mean no offense)

by Mul klo riik
January 21, 2015
RedEyesBDovah

I sometimes talk to my four year old niece in Doahzul. Usually I just greet her with "Drem yol lok", to which she asks me to repeat what I say. I usally just follow with "Just speaking in Dragontongue".

Your the crazy uncle, aren't you? I wish I had a crazy uncle growing up. (and I mean no offense)

DovahKiinZaan
January 23, 2015
Mul klo  riik

No offence? Wow, actually... Come to think of it...

Crazy uncles are the best uncles!

by DovahKiinZaan
January 23, 2015
Mul klo  riik

No offence? Wow, actually... Come to think of it...

Crazy uncles are the best uncles!

[deleted]
March 19, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by [deleted]
March 19, 2015

This post has been deleted.

dovahnite
March 20, 2015
dovahnite

I might have said Drem Yol Lok out loud once or twice, but that's about it. I still haven't picked up too much of the Dovahzul yet :/

Progress on this, I've developed the habit of saying nid instead of no in normal-person-conversation, and I'm pretty sure there have been at least one or two fin and dreh and a few other common words thrown around here and there. Especially if I try to remember a lick of Italian for whatever reason. Tu lost fin libro?

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

by dovahnite
March 20, 2015
dovahnite

I might have said Drem Yol Lok out loud once or twice, but that's about it. I still haven't picked up too much of the Dovahzul yet :/

Progress on this, I've developed the habit of saying nid instead of no in normal-person-conversation, and I'm pretty sure there have been at least one or two fin and dreh and a few other common words thrown around here and there. Especially if I try to remember a lick of Italian for whatever reason. Tu lost fin libro?

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Sahkrahfaas
March 20, 2015

I don't really practice Dovahzul much anymore (but I have enough knowledge to maybe hold random broken conversations (which would probably be greetings, telling a dragon I don't speak much Dovahzul and some other weird things). I sometimes end up thinking in Dovahzul when I can't think of French translations xD It won't be happening for much longer though since I'm dropping French next year. I do sometimes say oh no in Swedish rather than English, because Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time.

by Sahkrahfaas
March 20, 2015

I don't really practice Dovahzul much anymore (but I have enough knowledge to maybe hold random broken conversations (which would probably be greetings, telling a dragon I don't speak much Dovahzul and some other weird things). I sometimes end up thinking in Dovahzul when I can't think of French translations xD It won't be happening for much longer though since I'm dropping French next year. I do sometimes say oh no in Swedish rather than English, because Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time.

DovahKiinZaan
March 20, 2015
Y u drop french?
by DovahKiinZaan
March 20, 2015
Y u drop french?

SuprRonin
March 24, 2015
DaanKaalZaal
Y u drop french?

IT'S FREAKN' HARD

by SuprRonin
March 24, 2015
DaanKaalZaal
Y u drop french?

IT'S FREAKN' HARD

Jordan L
March 24, 2015

Ive said krosis to my girlfriend before without realizing it. she was so clueless on what i just said.

by Jordan L
March 24, 2015

Ive said krosis to my girlfriend before without realizing it. she was so clueless on what i just said.

Sahkrahfaas
March 24, 2015
DaanKaalZaal
Y u drop french?

Because computing. :D

I only got to pick subjects this year and once I wrote down everything I wanted there was no room for a language :P I was only allowed six choices and a reserve which is a bit annoying.

by Sahkrahfaas
March 24, 2015
DaanKaalZaal
Y u drop french?

Because computing. :D

I only got to pick subjects this year and once I wrote down everything I wanted there was no room for a language :P I was only allowed six choices and a reserve which is a bit annoying.

Dinhaalvut
April 15, 2015

When my parents annoy me, I just talk only in dovahzul for a day or two. Yeah.

by Dinhaalvut
April 15, 2015

Grolahmul
May 25, 2015
Dinhaalvut

Yolo, right?

by Grolahmul
May 25, 2015
Dinhaalvut

Yolo, right?

<<  <  1  2  3 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.