A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  27  28  29  30 > >>  

Kronondor
June 13, 2013

Hi everyone, Kronondor here.

I was so excited to find this site. I played a little Oblivion, but Skyrim truly sucked me in. I love all things video games, Star Wars, LOTR, and table top gaming. I really felt like this game was what I'd been searchingwaiting for forever. And now this place gives us a place to pursue a way to study and deepen our collective experience. I'm not a linguist, but this language just called to me. I look forward to seeing what the future brings. Thanks.

by Kronondor
June 13, 2013

I was so excited to find this site. I played a little Oblivion, but Skyrim truly sucked me in. I love all things video games, Star Wars, LOTR, and table top gaming. I really felt like this game was what I'd been searchingwaiting for forever. And now this place gives us a place to pursue a way to study and deepen our collective experience. I'm not a linguist, but this language just called to me. I look forward to seeing what the future brings. Thanks.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 13, 2013
Kronondor

Hello, and officially welcome!

by paarthurnax
June 13, 2013
Kronondor

Hello, and officially welcome!

Dzydzilelya
July 4, 2013

This post has been deleted.

by Dzydzilelya
July 4, 2013

This post has been deleted.

Ziinahven
July 11, 2013

Ahnok, pah! I'm Ziinahven (as you can plainly see.) But there isn't much to tell. I'm still in school and am a massive nerd. I play games like TeS, Halo, AC, and all sorts of other games. I'm a Superwholockian as well, so if you mention Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Sherlock I WILL start talking to you.

by Ziinahven
July 11, 2013

Ahnok, pah! I'm Ziinahven (as you can plainly see.) But there isn't much to tell. I'm still in school and am a massive nerd. I play games like TeS, Halo, AC, and all sorts of other games. I'm a Superwholockian as well, so if you mention Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Sherlock I WILL start talking to you.

JonWithAnO
July 12, 2013

Hey everyone, I'm JonWithAnO. I've been playing Elder Scrolls game for a little while now, and have played Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind, although only to a small extent on the last one. After playing Skyrim for a while, I started using UESP's Dovahzul dictionary to translate the walls. I found this site after finding a word that there was no translation that made complete sense (I can't remember the word now, I have it written down somewhere). 

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and add that I find this site incredibly impressive, and hope to contribute a lot in the future. 

by JonWithAnO
July 12, 2013

Hey everyone, I'm JonWithAnO. I've been playing Elder Scrolls game for a little while now, and have played Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind, although only to a small extent on the last one. After playing Skyrim for a while, I started using UESP's Dovahzul dictionary to translate the walls. I found this site after finding a word that there was no translation that made complete sense (I can't remember the word now, I have it written down somewhere). 

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and add that I find this site incredibly impressive, and hope to contribute a lot in the future. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 12, 2013
JonWithAnO

Hey everyone, I'm JonWithAnO. 

Hello, and welcome!  Glad to have you here!

by paarthurnax
July 12, 2013
JonWithAnO

Hey everyone, I'm JonWithAnO. 

Hello, and welcome!  Glad to have you here!

Vokul Fodov
July 17, 2013

Ahnok!!! I am a real girl who plays real games (mostly Skyrim)!!! Im the ultimate Otaku cause im obsessed with anime, manga, and video games! :D Im also a mega Tom boy who loves anything Sifi!!! Im SO happy I found this website! This is my new life now, although its gonna be sort of hard for me to learn this completely new language! Also if you now anything cool that has to do with Skyrim please let me know! Im a total Skyrim fanatic if you havent already guessed xD Im also on Video Games Amino if you want to follow me there :D Pruzahguur! 

by Vokul Fodov
July 17, 2013

Ahnok!!! I am a real girl who plays real games (mostly Skyrim)!!! Im the ultimate Otaku cause im obsessed with anime, manga, and video games! :D Im also a mega Tom boy who loves anything Sifi!!! Im SO happy I found this website! This is my new life now, although its gonna be sort of hard for me to learn this completely new language! Also if you now anything cool that has to do with Skyrim please let me know! Im a total Skyrim fanatic if you havent already guessed xD Im also on Video Games Amino if you want to follow me there :D Pruzahguur! 

Vokul Fodov
July 17, 2013
Ziinahven

If you like DoctorWho you would LOVE FireFly :D its one of my favorite shows! aside from DoctorWho

by Vokul Fodov
July 17, 2013
Ziinahven

If you like DoctorWho you would LOVE FireFly :D its one of my favorite shows! aside from DoctorWho

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 17, 2013
Vokul Fodov

Ahnok!!! 

Ahnok to you too, and welcome! 

by paarthurnax
July 17, 2013
Vokul Fodov

Ahnok!!! 

Ahnok to you too, and welcome! 

Qiirohviin
July 18, 2013

Drem yol lok wah pah do dii braan Dovah, dii for los Qiirohviin! Those other than the Dovah know me as Qerobrine! I am an aspiring young musician who has a soft spot for philosophy, and I hail from Winnipeg, MB; the frosted north-west. I caught wind of Skyrim about two years ago, around the same time I became a heavy Minecraft addict. Since then I've been frequently playing the two games, for they both give me an excellent sense of adventure. I ran into this site about a month ago while looking for ways to learn Dovahzul, because I've always thought that the Dovah are very wise creatures. And what better way to express philosophical phrases than through an ancient language spoken by frickin' DRAGONS! Anyways, glad to make your aquaintances, and as always: "Aal hi siiv neh oblaanvon drem ko hin hadrim!"

-Qiirohviin 

by Qiirohviin
July 18, 2013

Drem yol lok wah pah do dii braan Dovah, dii for los Qiirohviin! Those other than the Dovah know me as Qerobrine! I am an aspiring young musician who has a soft spot for philosophy, and I hail from Winnipeg, MB; the frosted north-west. I caught wind of Skyrim about two years ago, around the same time I became a heavy Minecraft addict. Since then I've been frequently playing the two games, for they both give me an excellent sense of adventure. I ran into this site about a month ago while looking for ways to learn Dovahzul, because I've always thought that the Dovah are very wise creatures. And what better way to express philosophical phrases than through an ancient language spoken by frickin' DRAGONS! Anyways, glad to make your aquaintances, and as always: "Aal hi siiv neh oblaanvon drem ko hin hadrim!"

-Qiirohviin 

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 18, 2013
Qiirohviin

Drem yol lok wah pah do dii braan Dovah, dii for los Qiirohviin! 

Drem, and officially, welcome!

by paarthurnax
July 18, 2013
Qiirohviin

Drem yol lok wah pah do dii braan Dovah, dii for los Qiirohviin! 

Drem, and officially, welcome!

Annwvyn
July 22, 2013

DREM YOL LOK!

You can find out a little about me in my profile if you click on the spiffy name.  As it says, I have been playing video games for quite some time off and on--even had a stint in pro leagues in my Counterstrike 1.3 (pre-steam) and Starcraft Classic days.  Shallow games, by comparison.  No games have ever immersed me as much as Bethesda's games, especially Oblivion and Skyrim.  The depth of the lore in Skyrim has made me want to pursue Dovahzul and add it to my repertoire of constructed languages.  A geek at heart, what can I say.

Personal life, not much to say really.  Went to school for Epidemiology, took some Latin and Polish out of interest, and that piqued my curiosity in linguistics.  Now I spend quite a bit of time (more time than I should, really) looking into the "science of languages" and have been fixated on Sumerian and anything that has to do with Mesopotamia for the past year or so.  That, and speed cubing (rubik's cube).

I have probably played through twelve different characters in this game, none to "completion," but I have just recieved all of the expansions and updates so I started a new character, and I plan to play as "complete" a game as I can, translating word walls and other texts along the way.  Which is exactly what drew me to this site!  How I never found it before is beyond me. 

PRUZ4 W4 GRIND HI P4!
  I hope to become an active member of the community, and once I am comfortable with Dovahzul, perhaps contribute some words of my own!

ER2 ZENU GRIND...

by Annwvyn
July 22, 2013

DREM YOL LOK!

You can find out a little about me in my profile if you click on the spiffy name.  As it says, I have been playing video games for quite some time off and on--even had a stint in pro leagues in my Counterstrike 1.3 (pre-steam) and Starcraft Classic days.  Shallow games, by comparison.  No games have ever immersed me as much as Bethesda's games, especially Oblivion and Skyrim.  The depth of the lore in Skyrim has made me want to pursue Dovahzul and add it to my repertoire of constructed languages.  A geek at heart, what can I say.

Personal life, not much to say really.  Went to school for Epidemiology, took some Latin and Polish out of interest, and that piqued my curiosity in linguistics.  Now I spend quite a bit of time (more time than I should, really) looking into the "science of languages" and have been fixated on Sumerian and anything that has to do with Mesopotamia for the past year or so.  That, and speed cubing (rubik's cube).

I have probably played through twelve different characters in this game, none to "completion," but I have just recieved all of the expansions and updates so I started a new character, and I plan to play as "complete" a game as I can, translating word walls and other texts along the way.  Which is exactly what drew me to this site!  How I never found it before is beyond me. 

PRUZ4 W4 GRIND HI P4!
  I hope to become an active member of the community, and once I am comfortable with Dovahzul, perhaps contribute some words of my own!

ER2 ZENU GRIND...

Kenaar
August 3, 2013

Drem yol lok pah!

I'm Kenaar, you can also call me Dan. I'm from far, far away Russian town. And I go to bed when most of you have just awaken. Well, I'm not actually a complete newcomer: today is exactly a month of my membership (huh, maybe I need to celebrate this anniversary somehow :D). And only now I have bethought that it is better to follow the tradition and post in this topic (yeah, I'm a slowpoke, hehe).

I'm really glad I'm there. This month has made my quite boring, nerdish holydays much more interesting and enjoyable. In fact, I came across this site accidentally, and, surprisingly (and a bit regretful), I couldn't find something like this before when I was searching for more information about Dovahzul purposely. I can confidently say that contributing to this site has become my hobby and now I'm a submitter, translator and bard (has started composing in Dovahzul few days ago and, I would say, it is really exciting experience! :D )

Today I have a very good (even strangely good) mood and feel like being talkative. What to say about me in general? I'm a schoolboy of seventeen, studying in lyceum in Physics-Math class. And, inspite of the fact that my future occupation is also supposed to be connected with Physics, Math, maybe IT, I always loved and love History, Mythology, Culturology and Linguistics. I still remember the times when my friend and I were trying to invent our own languages and even had several alphabets. Unfortunately, nothing has remained. My other hobbies are unprofessional drawing and composing, working in Adobe Photoshop. Also not so long ago I've started listening to music, I prefer Post-grunge, Symphonic Rock and Christian Rock. I like learning English and I'm taking FCE this year. So, I also train my English there. Another my work, hobby, an opportunity to travel and to earn money as well is participating in school subjects competitions. Well, I'm quite successful in it and have a special folder for diplomas which is the subject of my pride (but I'm still not a prideful man).

About my The Elder Scrolls experience: I have played only Skyrim. And in general, I haven't played many computer games, only few. But, when I started playing Skyrim I initially realised that it is the best game for me. I have spend hours, even days, playing it. Now, after competing all the big quests, I've become a cheater (shame on me! :D) and mod tester. Yes, I like adding and trying new stuff and doing experiments. Also, I'm fascinated by The Elder Scrolls lore and, definitely, I will play other games from this series.

So, that's all I wanted to say. I wish our community good luck. Let's expand and promote such a wonderful constructed language as Dovahzul!

by Kenaar
August 3, 2013

Drem yol lok pah!

I'm Kenaar, you can also call me Dan. I'm from far, far away Russian town. And I go to bed when most of you have just awaken. Well, I'm not actually a complete newcomer: today is exactly a month of my membership (huh, maybe I need to celebrate this anniversary somehow :D). And only now I have bethought that it is better to follow the tradition and post in this topic (yeah, I'm a slowpoke, hehe).

I'm really glad I'm there. This month has made my quite boring, nerdish holydays much more interesting and enjoyable. In fact, I came across this site accidentally, and, surprisingly (and a bit regretful), I couldn't find something like this before when I was searching for more information about Dovahzul purposely. I can confidently say that contributing to this site has become my hobby and now I'm a submitter, translator and bard (has started composing in Dovahzul few days ago and, I would say, it is really exciting experience! :D )

Today I have a very good (even strangely good) mood and feel like being talkative. What to say about me in general? I'm a schoolboy of seventeen, studying in lyceum in Physics-Math class. And, inspite of the fact that my future occupation is also supposed to be connected with Physics, Math, maybe IT, I always loved and love History, Mythology, Culturology and Linguistics. I still remember the times when my friend and I were trying to invent our own languages and even had several alphabets. Unfortunately, nothing has remained. My other hobbies are unprofessional drawing and composing, working in Adobe Photoshop. Also not so long ago I've started listening to music, I prefer Post-grunge, Symphonic Rock and Christian Rock. I like learning English and I'm taking FCE this year. So, I also train my English there. Another my work, hobby, an opportunity to travel and to earn money as well is participating in school subjects competitions. Well, I'm quite successful in it and have a special folder for diplomas which is the subject of my pride (but I'm still not a prideful man).

About my The Elder Scrolls experience: I have played only Skyrim. And in general, I haven't played many computer games, only few. But, when I started playing Skyrim I initially realised that it is the best game for me. I have spend hours, even days, playing it. Now, after competing all the big quests, I've become a cheater (shame on me! :D) and mod tester. Yes, I like adding and trying new stuff and doing experiments. Also, I'm fascinated by The Elder Scrolls lore and, definitely, I will play other games from this series.

So, that's all I wanted to say. I wish our community good luck. Let's expand and promote such a wonderful constructed language as Dovahzul!

yol thuum
August 13, 2013

hi my name is yol suum i live in a small town i am a elder scroll nut and when i found this website i fell in love this website is the best ever still trying to learn dovazuul very hard. Well done on making a awsome website!!!

by yol thuum
August 13, 2013

hi my name is yol suum i live in a small town i am a elder scroll nut and when i found this website i fell in love this website is the best ever still trying to learn dovazuul very hard. Well done on making a awsome website!!!

Kurogu
August 14, 2013

Ahnok, fellow adventurers. The name's Kurogu, as you may have noticed. And as you may have noticed too, I speak English. But I'm Italian, and I come from Rome. That means that I speak Italian, too. And I'm studying Languages at University, which means that I can speak a little German. Just a little, though. This one was my first year of Deutsch, so I can just say things like "Guten Tag", "Auf Wiedersehen" and "Ich habe mich nicht in dich verliebt". But my Italian is quite good, I suppose. And so is my English. I hope. I have grown up with bread and video games, my first game was Super Mario World for the SNES (yeah, I'm quite young). Up to now, my love for video games and geeky-things has grown stronger and stronger. I'm not an expert, in fact I may not know much about many things, but this doesn't stop me from continuing loving this stuff. 

Well, this is becoming more boring than a math lession for you, so I quit it here. I just want to say that I'm happy to have found this site and that I'd like to get to know to you all. I love knowing people from all over the world!  

So, that's it. Hope to see you soon, guys! Grazie e ciao a tutti!

Guur!

by Kurogu
August 14, 2013

Ahnok, fellow adventurers. The name's Kurogu, as you may have noticed. And as you may have noticed too, I speak English. But I'm Italian, and I come from Rome. That means that I speak Italian, too. And I'm studying Languages at University, which means that I can speak a little German. Just a little, though. This one was my first year of Deutsch, so I can just say things like "Guten Tag", "Auf Wiedersehen" and "Ich habe mich nicht in dich verliebt". But my Italian is quite good, I suppose. And so is my English. I hope. I have grown up with bread and video games, my first game was Super Mario World for the SNES (yeah, I'm quite young). Up to now, my love for video games and geeky-things has grown stronger and stronger. I'm not an expert, in fact I may not know much about many things, but this doesn't stop me from continuing loving this stuff. 

Well, this is becoming more boring than a math lession for you, so I quit it here. I just want to say that I'm happy to have found this site and that I'd like to get to know to you all. I love knowing people from all over the world!  

So, that's it. Hope to see you soon, guys! Grazie e ciao a tutti!

Guur!

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.