Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Sovngarde community cover

<<  <  1  2  3  4 

Vulreytholm
May 13, 2016

We should try this with "Dovahkiin," the lyrics are the same.

by Vulreytholm
May 13, 2016

We should try this with "Dovahkiin," the lyrics are the same.

Veyd Sahvoz
May 14, 2016
Huh....I never knew that.
by Veyd Sahvoz
May 14, 2016
Huh....I never knew that.

Kronvullok
May 14, 2016

The lyrics are almost the same. Sovngarde has a few extra lines and a rhythm that I'm not used to.

by Kronvullok
May 14, 2016

The lyrics are almost the same. Sovngarde has a few extra lines and a rhythm that I'm not used to.

Veyd Sahvoz
May 15, 2016
It's just deeper a bit and slower. (No innuendo or pun intended)
by Veyd Sahvoz
May 15, 2016

Hahdremro
May 16, 2016
Hades Nexemexis

No, "Sovngarde" has a completely different melody and tempo, and it's got an entire extra verse. "Dragonborn" is also stupid about cutting off verses halfway and making words difficult to understand because of the different rhythms. (Verse two: "Huzrah, nu-u..." The melody turns "nu" into a two syllable word, which makes it hard to understand. That kind of thing happens a lot in "Dragonborn.")

Anyway, "Sovngarde" would be much easier to record, especially since it doesn't require a backing orchestra. It's a far better candidate for a project like this, as we'd be able to completely do it on our own. I really hope we're able to make this work some time soon!

by Hahdremro
May 16, 2016
Hades Nexemexis

No, "Sovngarde" has a completely different melody and tempo, and it's got an entire extra verse. "Dragonborn" is also stupid about cutting off verses halfway and making words difficult to understand because of the different rhythms. (Verse two: "Huzrah, nu-u..." The melody turns "nu" into a two syllable word, which makes it hard to understand. That kind of thing happens a lot in "Dragonborn.")

Anyway, "Sovngarde" would be much easier to record, especially since it doesn't require a backing orchestra. It's a far better candidate for a project like this, as we'd be able to completely do it on our own. I really hope we're able to make this work some time soon!

Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
Good point, but I did just say the words were the same, I never said anything about the melody or tempo.
by Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
Good point, but I did just say the words were the same, I never said anything about the melody or tempo.

Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
But I had no idea Sovngarde had more verses.
by Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
But I had no idea Sovngarde had more verses.

Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
You're right though, Sovngarde would be easier.
by Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
You're right though, Sovngarde would be easier.

Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
My voice cracks all the time (hooray for puberty) but I still think anyone working on this should keep trying, people have put a lot of work into this already and it could be a cool boost if Paarth made a youtube channel for the website and posted the completed version there.
by Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
My voice cracks all the time (hooray for puberty) but I still think anyone working on this should keep trying, people have put a lot of work into this already and it could be a cool boost if Paarth made a youtube channel for the website and posted the completed version there.

Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
Just a thought.
by Vulreytholm
May 17, 2016
Just a thought.

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 18, 2016

Hi Vulreytholm, thanks for your thoughts. Just a tip - if you think of something after making a post, you can always edit your original post and add to it, rather than making many separate posts.

by paarthurnax
May 18, 2016

Hi Vulreytholm, thanks for your thoughts. Just a tip - if you think of something after making a post, you can always edit your original post and add to it, rather than making many separate posts.

Vulreytholm
May 18, 2016

Sorry, thanks for the tip.

by Vulreytholm
May 18, 2016

Sorry, thanks for the tip.

<<  <  1  2  3  4 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.