Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Christmas Songs 2018

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

Zinrahzul
December 5, 2018
Amme is wrong. I do that all the time. I meant aarre.

Volaan is definitely wrong as well. That song is still in early stage of translation.

I think mur is fine, maybe even murrh.
by Zinrahzul
December 5, 2018
Amme is wrong. I do that all the time. I meant aarre.

Volaan is definitely wrong as well. That song is still in early stage of translation.

I think mur is fine, maybe even murrh.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 5, 2018

Murrh could work too, although it would be atypical for dragon spelling.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 5, 2018

Murrh could work too, although it would be atypical for dragon spelling.

Zinrahzul
December 5, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah it's a word from a different language, so it's likely to be close to the original, but the only precedence we have is Nordic names in Skyrim listed on word walls.
by Zinrahzul
December 5, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah it's a word from a different language, so it's likely to be close to the original, but the only precedence we have is Nordic names in Skyrim listed on word walls.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 5, 2018

That's where Im getting confused because Ive only ever seen it as either no change or fully changed to match pronunciation. Actually, I've never seen the latter before outside of this site. Also, i went ahead and changed aamme to aarre, hope that's okay. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 5, 2018

That's where Im getting confused because Ive only ever seen it as either no change or fully changed to match pronunciation. Actually, I've never seen the latter before outside of this site. Also, i went ahead and changed aamme to aarre, hope that's okay. :)

Zinrahzul
December 5, 2018

@Sonaak Kroinlah that's fine. Thank you!

EDIT: Changed dute date to Dec 8, since I'm basically doing the translations and we need all the time we can for the recording/collaborating.

by Zinrahzul
December 5, 2018

@Sonaak Kroinlah that's fine. Thank you!

EDIT: Changed dute date to Dec 8, since I'm basically doing the translations and we need all the time we can for the recording/collaborating.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 6, 2018

I think that's a really good idea. One more suggestion, would "myrrh los dii ok su'um ahzid" be better as "Myrrh los dii *nii* su'um ahzid" given that objects don't have gender?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 6, 2018

I think that's a really good idea. One more suggestion, would "myrrh los dii ok su'um ahzid" be better as "Myrrh los dii *nii* su'um ahzid" given that objects don't have gender?

Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah in this case, I think we can omit the pronoun altogether, as it can be implied:
Myrrh los dii-- su'um ahzid"
(-- means drawing out for another beat)
by Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah in this case, I think we can omit the pronoun altogether, as it can be implied:

Myrrh los dii-- su'um ahzid"

(-- means drawing out for another beat)

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 6, 2018

That's a good idea too. It just occurred to me we could also use the possessive suffix and go for "su'umii"

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 6, 2018

That's a good idea too. It just occurred to me we could also use the possessive suffix and go for "su'umii"

Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah yep, that's an option, too, and allows more options when trying to match the rhyming scheme of the original song.
by Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah yep, that's an option, too, and allows more options when trying to match the rhyming scheme of the original song.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 6, 2018

I've been trying out "mu junne" to test the flow and I would suggest going with "su'umii". I also think moving the chorus to between the "gold" and "frankincense" verses might fit better.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 6, 2018

I've been trying out "mu junne" to test the flow and I would suggest going with "su'umii". I also think moving the chorus to between the "gold" and "frankincense" verses might fit better.

Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

I definitely agree with the first part. As for the chorus, I still need to set up the final music sheet with the correct order.

by Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

I definitely agree with the first part. As for the chorus, I still need to set up the final music sheet with the correct order.

Zinrahzul
December 8, 2018

Ok, update:

I'll Be Home For Christmas - only doing the chorus; it's the most iconic part anyway

Realistically, I don't think "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is feasible, due to its many verses. I'll try it, though -- but no promises.

That leaves the most probably final song list as:

I'll Be Home For Christmas
Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer
What Child Is This?
We Three Kings

by Zinrahzul
December 8, 2018

Ok, update:

I'll Be Home For Christmas - only doing the chorus; it's the most iconic part anyway

Realistically, I don't think "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is feasible, due to its many verses. I'll try it, though -- but no promises.

That leaves the most probably final song list as:

I'll Be Home For Christmas
Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer
What Child Is This?
We Three Kings

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 10, 2018

Just realized I should clarify, when you say the 15th is the deadline does that mean it's the last day we can hand stuff in it or that it needs to be handed in before then?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 10, 2018

Just realized I should clarify, when you say the 15th is the deadline does that mean it's the last day we can hand stuff in it or that it needs to be handed in before then?

Zinrahzul
December 10, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah it is ideal date for getting my initial recordings done. Then as soon as possible, I'd want to have everything done and posted by the 21st, when I leave for Christmas.
by Zinrahzul
December 10, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah it is ideal date for getting my initial recordings done. Then as soon as possible, I'd want to have everything done and posted by the 21st, when I leave for Christmas.

Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018

Update: Although I could fix some of the lyrics, I won't do that until after the project (for my own records or submission to the site) unless we agree that it's ok. If not, then my recording part will start this weekend 14-16. I'll release the recordings for others to sing along with and record their parts.

Currently I'm memorizing the current lyrics and singing the songs in my spare time (because it's fun, of course!)...

by Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018

Update: Although I could fix some of the lyrics, I won't do that until after the project (for my own records or submission to the site) unless we agree that it's ok. If not, then my recording part will start this weekend 14-16. I'll release the recordings for others to sing along with and record their parts.

Currently I'm memorizing the current lyrics and singing the songs in my spare time (because it's fun, of course!)...

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.