Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Possible Magickal Concept Behind Thu'um?

<<  <  1  2  3  4 

Mulqoreyn
October 14, 2014
Mul klo riik
Mulhahlor

Rolmulaag may draw their power from the souls of those who use them. That is why most can't use them, as they have weaker souls, and it takes intense study and effort to strengthen your soul to use a word. It would also explain why the Dovahkiin can only use shouts sporadically, whereas Dovah themselves can let off consecutive shouts, because they have stronger souls and more time with the language, as well as practice using it.

Wait, if that's true and the power does come from the soul, could this be traced back to magika? Like I mentioned before, soul siphon seems to suggest that magika can be found in souls.

• Souls have magika
  • Shouts use the soul's essence

As if souls were living organisms, and they used magika as an energy source, but to use magika, it has to be put into lipids. Shout's would also use these lipids, like a function of the soul. I feel we're getting somewhere, for science.

I would think they are not the same idea because the dragonborn needs souls to shout, the understanding of the word is in the soul, you absorb the understanding of the word, the power is not in the soul, but in the word itself.

by Mulqoreyn
October 14, 2014
Mul klo riik
Mulhahlor

Rolmulaag may draw their power from the souls of those who use them. That is why most can't use them, as they have weaker souls, and it takes intense study and effort to strengthen your soul to use a word. It would also explain why the Dovahkiin can only use shouts sporadically, whereas Dovah themselves can let off consecutive shouts, because they have stronger souls and more time with the language, as well as practice using it.

Wait, if that's true and the power does come from the soul, could this be traced back to magika? Like I mentioned before, soul siphon seems to suggest that magika can be found in souls.

• Souls have magika

As if souls were living organisms, and they used magika as an energy source, but to use magika, it has to be put into lipids. Shout's would also use these lipids, like a function of the soul. I feel we're getting somewhere, for science.

I would think they are not the same idea because the dragonborn needs souls to shout, the understanding of the word is in the soul, you absorb the understanding of the word, the power is not in the soul, but in the word itself.

Mul klo riik
October 14, 2014
Mulqoreyn
Mul klo riik
Mulhahlor

• Souls have magika

So the dragon's read souls?

In my opinion that doesn't fit together, after all, the words are on the word walls. The souls fuel the words. Because dragons are born with powerful souls, can use this as a natural fuel for their voice.

by Mul klo riik
October 14, 2014
Mulqoreyn
Mul klo riik
Mulhahlor

• Souls have magika

In my opinion that doesn't fit together, after all, the words are on the word walls. The souls fuel the words. Because dragons are born with powerful souls, can use this as a natural fuel for their voice.

Mulqoreyn
October 15, 2014

Not so much read, as the dragonborn is absorbing the understanding of a word from the soul the dragons have an inborn understanding, hence the use of their souls.

by Mulqoreyn
October 15, 2014

Not so much read, as the dragonborn is absorbing the understanding of a word from the soul the dragons have an inborn understanding, hence the use of their souls.

Mulhahlor
October 15, 2014
Mul klo riik
Mulqoreyn
Mul klo riik
Mulhahlor

• Souls have magika

This is what I meant by where Rotmulaag draw power from. The power isn't in the words themselves, but rather in the understanding of the words.

by Mulhahlor
October 15, 2014
Mul klo riik
Mulqoreyn
Mul klo riik
Mulhahlor

• Souls have magika

This is what I meant by where Rotmulaag draw power from. The power isn't in the words themselves, but rather in the understanding of the words.

Mulqoreyn
October 16, 2014

Yes, i was objecting to the comparison to soul gems.

by Mulqoreyn
October 16, 2014

Yes, i was objecting to the comparison to soul gems.

<<  <  1  2  3  4 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.