Morovahdin
August 19, 2013

This post has been deleted.

by Morovahdin
August 19, 2013

Kaaldunir
October 17, 2013

I can't believe I've been on the site this long and I didn't find this thread! Anyway, drem yol lok!

I'm Kaaldunir, obviously. Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls game, and I've since also played Oblivion - they're actually the only games I play, and it says something about the awesomeness of the Elder Scrolls series that it was able to make me enjoy gaming for the first time. I'm British, and I love reading and writing more than anything else in the world, except maybe sleeping. I have written, am currently writing, and plan to write, a number of Skyrim fanfictions, some of which feature Dovahzul, which was what originally brought me to the site - and it's been a real help to me, so thank you to everyone!

I'm still learning the Dragon Language, but it's fast becoming a real hobby of mine. I hope that one day Dovahzul becomes as well-known as Quenya or Klingon, because it deserves it!

Lok, thu'um! :D

by Kaaldunir
October 17, 2013

I can't believe I've been on the site this long and I didn't find this thread! Anyway, drem yol lok!

I'm Kaaldunir, obviously. Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls game, and I've since also played Oblivion - they're actually the only games I play, and it says something about the awesomeness of the Elder Scrolls series that it was able to make me enjoy gaming for the first time. I'm British, and I love reading and writing more than anything else in the world, except maybe sleeping. I have written, am currently writing, and plan to write, a number of Skyrim fanfictions, some of which feature Dovahzul, which was what originally brought me to the site - and it's been a real help to me, so thank you to everyone!

I'm still learning the Dragon Language, but it's fast becoming a real hobby of mine. I hope that one day Dovahzul becomes as well-known as Quenya or Klingon, because it deserves it!

Lok, thu'um! :D

Crotha
November 7, 2013

Hallo :)
We are Crotha...

I always wanted to learn a third language, so why not the language from my most favourite game series?

And after looking around a bit (so, about 0.14 seconds on google^^) I found thuum.org - and I have to say: YES! PERFECT! 

A few bits about myself:
I am from Austria (the one without kangaroos :D), studied Biotechnoloy, have nothing to do with languages or writing. I read...well, no - I devour books and like to play on my PC to relax a bit after work.
And now it is time to start learning my third language: Dovahzul!

Thanks for this awesome site =)

Lg

by Crotha
November 7, 2013

Hallo :)
We are Crotha...

I always wanted to learn a third language, so why not the language from my most favourite game series?

And after looking around a bit (so, about 0.14 seconds on google^^) I found thuum.org - and I have to say: YES! PERFECT! 

A few bits about myself:
I am from Austria (the one without kangaroos :D), studied Biotechnoloy, have nothing to do with languages or writing. I read...well, no - I devour books and like to play on my PC to relax a bit after work.
And now it is time to start learning my third language: Dovahzul!

Thanks for this awesome site =)

Lg

Revan
November 13, 2013

Ahnok fahdon. The name is Revan ahrk zu'u los frund wah kos het!

Im from sweden and i love this deinok

and i hope i get to learn something new while im here! well aint got nothing much to say :P

aal zii do akatosh kos voth hi pah!

by Revan
November 13, 2013

Ahnok fahdon. The name is Revan ahrk zu'u los frund wah kos het!

Im from sweden and i love this deinok

and i hope i get to learn something new while im here! well aint got nothing much to say :P

aal zii do akatosh kos voth hi pah!

DJbrony
November 15, 2013

ahnok. I am DJbrony or you may call me Lucian Bloodwolf, aal krein aak hi wah braandein.

I'm from the United States but My true homeland is that of Norway and Denmark

I hope I can learn more of the way of the dovahzul and hope to begin speaking it fluently as I would in english.

by DJbrony
November 15, 2013

ahnok. I am DJbrony or you may call me Lucian Bloodwolf, aal krein aak hi wah braandein.

I'm from the United States but My true homeland is that of Norway and Denmark

I hope I can learn more of the way of the dovahzul and hope to begin speaking it fluently as I would in english.

DrakeCuriel
November 16, 2013

Hey there, the names Drake (It's an alias), and I stumbled upon this site after seeing a photo of Chevvy's dictionary and such, and I looked into it (wanting a copy xD) to find this site.

I decided that I thought I would try to learn a base set of the language, so I can speak like Paarthurnax from Skyrim, I.E speaking in english then occasionally using Dovahzul in place of certain words, then translating it. The point being so I can speak like this for LARP, being a draconic character :D The LARP system being Lorien Trust.

I'm from the UK, Northampton to be precise, and I'm currently studying a Level 3 BTEC Games programming course. I tend to have motivation issues, which is why I'm only trying to learn a base set of the language, I don't think I'll be organised to keep going to become semi-fluent.

Got into the Elder Scrolls series with Oblivion, but my favourite is Skyrim naturally, as I find it has a fairer master difficulty x3 (At least until I got to Skuldafn and had to fight Three Dragons and the Dragon priest at the same time on Master as a heavy armoured sword and shield Argonian, many potions were drunk that day)

I was thinking of making a new account and picking a dragon name, should I or just use this account? Should all accounts have Dovahzul names or does it not matter?

(I DID NOT REALISE SQUARE BRACKETS PUT IT INTO RUNES, THATS AWESOME)

by DrakeCuriel
November 16, 2013

Hey there, the names Drake (It's an alias), and I stumbled upon this site after seeing a photo of Chevvy's dictionary and such, and I looked into it (wanting a copy xD) to find this site.

I decided that I thought I would try to learn a base set of the language, so I can speak like Paarthurnax from Skyrim, I.E speaking in english then occasionally using Dovahzul in place of certain words, then translating it. The point being so I can speak like this for LARP, being a draconic character :D The LARP system being Lorien Trust.

I'm from the UK, Northampton to be precise, and I'm currently studying a Level 3 BTEC Games programming course. I tend to have motivation issues, which is why I'm only trying to learn a base set of the language, I don't think I'll be organised to keep going to become semi-fluent.

Got into the Elder Scrolls series with Oblivion, but my favourite is Skyrim naturally, as I find it has a fairer master difficulty x3 (At least until I got to Skuldafn and had to fight Three Dragons and the Dragon priest at the same time on Master as a heavy armoured sword and shield Argonian, many potions were drunk that day)

I was thinking of making a new account and picking a dragon name, should I or just use this account? Should all accounts have Dovahzul names or does it not matter?

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 16, 2013
DrakeCuriel

DREM
, welcome! Most people choose Dovahzul names for their accounts, but you absolutely don't have to. If you're interested in a name change, let me know.

by paarthurnax
November 16, 2013
DrakeCuriel

DREM
, welcome! Most people choose Dovahzul names for their accounts, but you absolutely don't have to. If you're interested in a name change, let me know.

DrakeCuriel
November 16, 2013
paarthurnax
DREM

Okay, will do! I just set up the account name instinctively, as its literally my alias for everything, only to realise most people have dragon names :P If I decide on a name change, I'll let you know soonish ^^ Thank you!

by DrakeCuriel
November 16, 2013
paarthurnax
DREM

Okay, will do! I just set up the account name instinctively, as its literally my alias for everything, only to realise most people have dragon names :P If I decide on a name change, I'll let you know soonish ^^ Thank you!

Brendow
November 18, 2013

by Brendow
November 18, 2013

Naxsuleykdinok
November 20, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

I am Naxsuleykdinok, or you can call me by my name, Wolfgang. I am from Berlin, Germany.  I have been greatly interested in games for as long as I can remember, I still attend school, but, I'm greatly interested in the Dragon History, Culture and Language. I speak German, French and English.

by Naxsuleykdinok
November 20, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

I am Naxsuleykdinok, or you can call me by my name, Wolfgang. I am from Berlin, Germany.  I have been greatly interested in games for as long as I can remember, I still attend school, but, I'm greatly interested in the Dragon History, Culture and Language. I speak German, French and English.

Miles
December 4, 2013

My name's Miles.  I am relatively new to Skyrim, and it is my first Elder Scrolls game.  I admit that I have been living in a hole due to my work for the last few years so it has taken me a little bit to get caught up.  A lot of you are budding software developers.  You will find out what I am talking about soon enough ;) It's a glorious career, but can be long hours.

In any event, I am an old schooler, RPer from the 80s and a big fan of skill tree/classless/open world dynamics in games and I fell in love with it almost instantly.  Finding this site was the next great find.

I am a fan of languages for games, but not in the sense of a literal translator, but more in what phrasology reveals about the mindset of a given culture.  Working with runes in the old Werewolf the Appocalypse system, I studied them as symbols to give emotional meaning to them.  As I did so, a new way of thinking emerged.  I suspect there is something that would be similar here as well.  To enter a mind of a Dragon is not to simply speak the words, because the words are only an approximation of the meaning.  There is more to the meaning of each word than is revealed.  To seek out that level of understanding (and to create it if it isn't there) is something I hope to find or bring to the work here.  

Add to this the potential for a "spirituality" or "morality" to the Dragon culture, and things get very very interesting.  In any event, that is where my interest lies.  I hope that it will compliment the rest of the work here well.

I look forward to working and playing with you.

by Miles
December 4, 2013

My name's Miles.  I am relatively new to Skyrim, and it is my first Elder Scrolls game.  I admit that I have been living in a hole due to my work for the last few years so it has taken me a little bit to get caught up.  A lot of you are budding software developers.  You will find out what I am talking about soon enough ;) It's a glorious career, but can be long hours.

In any event, I am an old schooler, RPer from the 80s and a big fan of skill tree/classless/open world dynamics in games and I fell in love with it almost instantly.  Finding this site was the next great find.

I am a fan of languages for games, but not in the sense of a literal translator, but more in what phrasology reveals about the mindset of a given culture.  Working with runes in the old Werewolf the Appocalypse system, I studied them as symbols to give emotional meaning to them.  As I did so, a new way of thinking emerged.  I suspect there is something that would be similar here as well.  To enter a mind of a Dragon is not to simply speak the words, because the words are only an approximation of the meaning.  There is more to the meaning of each word than is revealed.  To seek out that level of understanding (and to create it if it isn't there) is something I hope to find or bring to the work here.  

Add to this the potential for a "spirituality" or "morality" to the Dragon culture, and things get very very interesting.  In any event, that is where my interest lies.  I hope that it will compliment the rest of the work here well.

I look forward to working and playing with you.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 4, 2013
Miles

My name's Miles. 

To seek out that level of understanding (and to create it if it isn't there) is something I hope to find or bring to the work here.  

Welcome, Miles! It's great to have your perspective!

by paarthurnax
December 4, 2013
Miles

My name's Miles. 

To seek out that level of understanding (and to create it if it isn't there) is something I hope to find or bring to the work here.  

Welcome, Miles! It's great to have your perspective!

Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 4, 2013

I am Wielder of Krahkriinos, also called Graagh.

I'm a nut for Orcish races, so...yeah, I'm an Orsimer in the Elder Scrolls everytime. Slowly learning Dovahzul and hopefully becoming an active member of this site. LOVE the hoard and the gold, by the way. Great work, paarthurnax. I love you, seriously. We could be friends. This site is amazing.

Just started a Roleplay on that forum, for all the Dovahkiin in every time slip or whatever, whove been caught in a Plane of Oblivion and are stuck. Come and chat, swearing aloud. Recount your adventures and conquests.

by Wielder of Krahkriinos
December 4, 2013

I am Wielder of Krahkriinos, also called Graagh.

I'm a nut for Orcish races, so...yeah, I'm an Orsimer in the Elder Scrolls everytime. Slowly learning Dovahzul and hopefully becoming an active member of this site. LOVE the hoard and the gold, by the way. Great work, paarthurnax. I love you, seriously. We could be friends. This site is amazing.

Just started a Roleplay on that forum, for all the Dovahkiin in every time slip or whatever, whove been caught in a Plane of Oblivion and are stuck. Come and chat, swearing aloud. Recount your adventures and conquests.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 4, 2013
Wielder of Krahkriinos

Slowly learning Dovahzul and hopefully becoming an active member of this site. LOVE the hoard and the gold, by the way. Great work, paarthurnax. I love you, seriously. We could be friends. This site is amazing.

Thank you, and welcome!

by paarthurnax
December 4, 2013
Wielder of Krahkriinos

Slowly learning Dovahzul and hopefully becoming an active member of this site. LOVE the hoard and the gold, by the way. Great work, paarthurnax. I love you, seriously. We could be friends. This site is amazing.

Thank you, and welcome!

Lok Diiv
December 4, 2013

Well, I'm Lok Diiv. I'm an artist and an active role player. I hope to make some great friends here and, in general, have a good while learning Dovahzul. One thing you should prolly know, is that sometimes I might need help getting back down to earth and return to have coherent thoughts in text.

by Lok Diiv
December 4, 2013

Well, I'm Lok Diiv. I'm an artist and an active role player. I hope to make some great friends here and, in general, have a good while learning Dovahzul. One thing you should prolly know, is that sometimes I might need help getting back down to earth and return to have coherent thoughts in text.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.