A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  100  101  102  103 > >>  

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Maardrun

A mistake I made. Terrorists aren't always modern, you get people like the forsworn or the templars. Some may even refer to old armies as terrorism

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Maardrun

A mistake I made. Terrorists aren't always modern, you get people like the forsworn or the templars. Some may even refer to old armies as terrorism

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Taldeykraan

Not really modern Newspapers go back to the late 1600's

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Taldeykraan

Not really modern Newspapers go back to the late 1600's

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Hespaagliik

Not modern, even in the elder scrolls universe there is sweet rolls and other various puddings

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Hespaagliik

Not modern, even in the elder scrolls universe there is sweet rolls and other various puddings

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Gakrizar-Rot

Is it modern?

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Gakrizar-Rot

Is it modern?

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Morahkun

In skyrim lasers exist- however they are only utilised by daedra and there isn't any exact lasers. I think it may not always be modern (a laser is any form of focused light beam)

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Morahkun

In skyrim lasers exist- however they are only utilised by daedra and there isn't any exact lasers. I think it may not always be modern (a laser is any form of focused light beam)

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 1, 2014

"Modern" words also include words that, for various subjective reasons, would not be found naturally in the dragon language as it exists in Skyrim. While newspapers, lasers, and pudding may exist in some form, they are not things that the dragons of Skyrim would have come in contact with. The same thing goes for many scientific, mathematical, or grammatical terms. These sorts of words don't fit into the dragons' natural vocabulary, and thus fall under "modern."

by paarthurnax
November 1, 2014

"Modern" words also include words that, for various subjective reasons, would not be found naturally in the dragon language as it exists in Skyrim. While newspapers, lasers, and pudding may exist in some form, they are not things that the dragons of Skyrim would have come in contact with. The same thing goes for many scientific, mathematical, or grammatical terms. These sorts of words don't fit into the dragons' natural vocabulary, and thus fall under "modern."

DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Rithwunduniik

Could this be a synonym of portal?

by DovahKiinZaan
November 1, 2014

Rithwunduniik

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 1, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Rithwunduniik

Sure, considering there is a canon word for "portal," there's not much need for this word.

by paarthurnax
November 1, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Rithwunduniik

Sure, considering there is a canon word for "portal," there's not much need for this word.

DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Krumonit

Not modern, taffy treats are commonly found in skyrim

by DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Krumonit

Not modern, taffy treats are commonly found in skyrim

DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Rotmalur

I'm fairly sure that this isn't modern

by DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Rotmalur

I'm fairly sure that this isn't modern

DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Aandserk

Can animals be classed as modern?

by DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Aandserk

Can animals be classed as modern?

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 2, 2014

Please see my explanation as posted above:

Rotmalur and Aandserk are modern words because they would not exist in the natural vocabulary of the dragons of Skyrim.

by paarthurnax
November 2, 2014

Please see my explanation as posted above:

Rotmalur and Aandserk are modern words because they would not exist in the natural vocabulary of the dragons of Skyrim.

DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Ahmin

Could this also be a noun? "There was an imperial notice on the door"

by DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Ahmin

Could this also be a noun? "There was an imperial notice on the door"

DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

I think when paarthurnax was describing words of power he could have used syllable. Probably still not modern

by DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

I think when paarthurnax was describing words of power he could have used syllable. Probably still not modern

DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Yashahaal

Take away the description: it is now a root word for palate

by DovahKiinZaan
November 2, 2014

Yashahaal

Take away the description: it is now a root word for palate

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.