A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 22, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Gutlok

Space is often referenced in skyrim. I'm sure that the dragons could say something along the lines of... "I wonder what mysteries the emptiness of space hold."

Outer space doesn't exist in the Elder Scrolls cosmology. Aetherius is what lies between Mundus and the realms of Oblivion.

by paarthurnax
November 22, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Gutlok

Space is often referenced in skyrim. I'm sure that the dragons could say something along the lines of... "I wonder what mysteries the emptiness of space hold."

Outer space doesn't exist in the Elder Scrolls cosmology. Aetherius is what lies between Mundus and the realms of Oblivion.

Foduiiz
November 23, 2014

Shonus

I don't think it works like that. Nice is already an adjective, you can't put '-us' on it. Since nicely is an adverb, a Dovah might express this as voth shon, 'with nice(ness)'.

This word is in need of deletion. 

by Foduiiz
November 23, 2014

Shonus

I don't think it works like that. Nice is already an adjective, you can't put '-us' on it. Since nicely is an adverb, a Dovah might express this as voth shon, 'with nice(ness)'.

DovahKiinZaan
November 24, 2014

Aus-Jiik

Add sadism to this

by DovahKiinZaan
November 24, 2014

Aus-Jiik

Add sadism to this

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 24, 2014
Foduiiz

Shonus

You are correct, the adverb "nicely" would be expressed as voth shon or even just shon.

by paarthurnax
November 24, 2014
Foduiiz

Shonus

You are correct, the adverb "nicely" would be expressed as voth shon or even just shon.

DremSahrot
November 25, 2014

Mindaziir

The description still references "Shanor" which is a deleted word.

by DremSahrot
November 25, 2014

Mindaziir

The description still references "Shanor" which is a deleted word.

Sosurikrath
November 25, 2014

Pushonvaas

Honvaas refers to a musical note, which is why I had orginally used deykraan. Perhaps pushaal for "little card"

by Sosurikrath
November 25, 2014

Pushonvaas

Honvaas refers to a musical note, which is why I had orginally used deykraan. Perhaps pushaal for "little card"

Foduiiz
November 25, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Aus-Jiik

Add sadism to this

Also Schadenfreude is mispelled in the definition. 

by Foduiiz
November 25, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Aus-Jiik

Add sadism to this

Also Schadenfreude is mispelled in the definition. 

DovahKiinZaan
November 25, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Aus-Jiik

Add sadism to this

Does it intentionally end in the -iik suffix?

by DovahKiinZaan
November 25, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Aus-Jiik

Add sadism to this

Does it intentionally end in the -iik suffix?

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 25, 2014

@Mindaziir, removed from notes.

@Pushonvaas, I edited this to Maldeykraan, or "little-paper." Pushaal is really creative, but while we're at it, I feel like a short word and powerful word such as shaal should be something more related to dragons than "card." Any ideas? Maldeykraan could potentially translate to "card" as well as "ticket."

@Aus-Jiik, corrected spelling and added "sadism" as a translation. Jiik is the word for "joy" and isn't related to the suffix -iik, kind of like how voth "with" isn't related to the prefix vo-.

by paarthurnax
November 25, 2014

@Mindaziir, removed from notes.

@Pushonvaas, I edited this to Maldeykraan, or "little-paper." Pushaal is really creative, but while we're at it, I feel like a short word and powerful word such as shaal should be something more related to dragons than "card." Any ideas? Maldeykraan could potentially translate to "card" as well as "ticket."

@Aus-Jiik, corrected spelling and added "sadism" as a translation. Jiik is the word for "joy" and isn't related to the suffix -iik, kind of like how voth "with" isn't related to the prefix vo-.

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 25, 2014

Qeln

This word feels odd to me. I think a new word could be made that combines this word and "Wult," "crime," into a single word that means "an act of wrongdoing."

by paarthurnax
November 25, 2014

Qeln

This word feels odd to me. I think a new word could be made that combines this word and "Wult," "crime," into a single word that means "an act of wrongdoing."

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 25, 2014

Vopruziig

This looks like a good word for the above. Maybe it could be shorter.

by paarthurnax
November 25, 2014

Vopruziig

scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Vikit

Can we add to the English definition "spasm" and "twinge"?

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Vikit

Can we add to the English definition "spasm" and "twinge"?

scrptrx
November 25, 2014

solkiigaal

Capitalize

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014

solkiigaal

Capitalize

scrptrx
November 25, 2014
paarthurnax

Vopruziig

There's a problem with this word. It means "ungood/evil", not really "vice". Vokul already means "evil" and it's Canon. 

(what does the suffix 'iig' mean? I can't find it). 

I don't think "Qeln" is bad. The "eln" sound already exists with some words. 

"Sin" and "Vice" should probably be the same word in this lexicon though, even if they are technically different things, a "vice" is something that you do that isn't kosher that gives you pleasure, and, well, a "sin" could be that, if the vice was "sinful". 

If "Qeln" is used, "Zoqeln" could be "sinful, full of vice(s)". "Zoqelnaar" sinfulness. "Qelniik" sinner. Doesn't seem too bad. 

If we go with the Canon word "Vokul", evil, "Zovokul" would mean "sinful, full of evil", "Vervokul" would be "to sin/commit evil", but to be/make evil and to sin are NOT the same thing, not REALLY....... Unless we wanted to make the word "sin" equatable to "evil" in this lexicon. Not impossible.

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014
paarthurnax

Vopruziig

There's a problem with this word. It means "ungood/evil", not really "vice". Vokul already means "evil" and it's Canon. 

(what does the suffix 'iig' mean? I can't find it). 

I don't think "Qeln" is bad. The "eln" sound already exists with some words. 

"Sin" and "Vice" should probably be the same word in this lexicon though, even if they are technically different things, a "vice" is something that you do that isn't kosher that gives you pleasure, and, well, a "sin" could be that, if the vice was "sinful". 

If "Qeln" is used, "Zoqeln" could be "sinful, full of vice(s)". "Zoqelnaar" sinfulness. "Qelniik" sinner. Doesn't seem too bad. 

If we go with the Canon word "Vokul", evil, "Zovokul" would mean "sinful, full of evil", "Vervokul" would be "to sin/commit evil", but to be/make evil and to sin are NOT the same thing, not REALLY....... Unless we wanted to make the word "sin" equatable to "evil" in this lexicon. Not impossible.

scrptrx
November 25, 2014
paarthurnax

Qeln

As in, "Verwult" "to commit crime/to sin", to also be used as the noun "sin"?

That only works if "illegal" and "sinful" are synonymous. 

In that train it would be the following:

"Zoverwult" sinful, "Verwultiik" sinner.

Meh.

Unless you mean, just word-meld the two? Change Qeln and Wult to... Qelt? I don't know.

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014
paarthurnax

Qeln

As in, "Verwult" "to commit crime/to sin", to also be used as the noun "sin"?

That only works if "illegal" and "sinful" are synonymous. 

In that train it would be the following:

"Zoverwult" sinful, "Verwultiik" sinner.

Meh.

Unless you mean, just word-meld the two? Change Qeln and Wult to... Qelt? I don't know.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.