Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Roleplay Request Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 > >>  

Vuldovyol
March 28, 2018

Ok. The first one is nearly done anyway.

by Vuldovyol
March 28, 2018

Ok. The first one is nearly done anyway.

Ruvgein
March 28, 2018
Didn't it just begin?
by Ruvgein
March 28, 2018
Didn't it just begin?

Vuldovyol
March 28, 2018

it was not intended to be long, and its flying by too. I might make it a bit longer tho.

by Vuldovyol
March 28, 2018

it was not intended to be long, and its flying by too. I might make it a bit longer tho.

Ruvgein
March 28, 2018
RPs are a long, involved story. They aren't meant to be done in a few days time. At least not on this site.
by Ruvgein
March 28, 2018
RPs are a long, involved story. They aren't meant to be done in a few days time. At least not on this site.

Vuldovyol
March 28, 2018

ok then

by Vuldovyol
March 28, 2018

ok then

Niloblaansil
March 30, 2018

I have a simple Idea that I got from a movie I watched. This RP would use the Legacy Translator.

Premise: A group of hardy mead drinkers go on an quest to go to ever inn in skyrim to drink the best mead thay have!

Setting: It will take place in Skyrim Elder Scrolls: V timeline, with dragons and all!

Tone: Funny, with little seriousness.

Character Rules: Can be any choosable race in Skyrim, All I require is ther gender and hair color, if you whant to gointo more detaile you can.

Posting Rules: You can right a minimum of one sentance, and if you whant to talk in drunk bable you must put what you are saying in quotation marks under what you say so we can all under stand.

by Niloblaansil
March 30, 2018

I have a simple Idea that I got from a movie I watched. This RP would use the Legacy Translator.

Premise: A group of hardy mead drinkers go on an quest to go to ever inn in skyrim to drink the best mead thay have!

Setting: It will take place in Skyrim Elder Scrolls: V timeline, with dragons and all!

Tone: Funny, with little seriousness.

Character Rules: Can be any choosable race in Skyrim, All I require is ther gender and hair color, if you whant to gointo more detaile you can.

Posting Rules: You can right a minimum of one sentance, and if you whant to talk in drunk bable you must put what you are saying in quotation marks under what you say so we can all under stand.

Liis
Administrator
March 30, 2018
@Vul Do Qah,

From the Roleplay Forum Rules & Guidelines:
"2. You can use the Translator as a teaching tool or a reference, but don't use it to produce the content of your posts. This is especially true for RP's that use the legacy dictionary; writing generated from the Legacy Translator is very obvious to those experienced with the language, and is often incorrect. Generating your post content from the Translator is low effort and may result in your removal from an RP if you do so regularly."
"3. In RP's that use the legacy dictionary, legacy vocabulary should be supplementary to canon. In other words, canon vocabulary should be favored over legacy vocabulary where applicable. For example, consider using the canon kogaan "blessing" to express gratitude in place of the non-canon nox "thanks". Because this requires a deeper knowledge of the language, beginners should consider canon-only RP's first."

If you insist on using Legacy vocabulary, I suggest using the Legacy Dictionary by word-for-word reference. Your translations will be more accurate, as you can read notes about most words and be sure that you're using the right one.
by Liis
March 30, 2018
@Vul Do Qah,

From the Roleplay Forum Rules & Guidelines:

"2. You can use the Translator as a teaching tool or a reference, but don't use it to produce the content of your posts. This is especially true for RP's that use the legacy dictionary; writing generated from the Legacy Translator is very obvious to those experienced with the language, and is often incorrect. Generating your post content from the Translator is low effort and may result in your removal from an RP if you do so regularly."

"3. In RP's that use the legacy dictionary, legacy vocabulary should be supplementary to canon. In other words, canon vocabulary should be favored over legacy vocabulary where applicable. For example, consider using the canon kogaan "blessing" to express gratitude in place of the non-canon nox "thanks". Because this requires a deeper knowledge of the language, beginners should consider canon-only RP's first."

If you insist on using Legacy vocabulary, I suggest using the Legacy Dictionary by word-for-word reference. Your translations will be more accurate, as you can read notes about most words and be sure that you're using the right one.

Niloblaansil
March 30, 2018

So use the dictionary, not the translater?

by Niloblaansil
March 30, 2018

So use the dictionary, not the translater?

Liis
Administrator
March 30, 2018
@Vul Do Qah,

Yes. Remember to try to use canon words instead of non-canon words when possible - as stated in rule #3. Make sure that all members are doing the same and not replying on the Legacy Translator. You can always PM me for help. Other members you could PM include Zinrahzul, Hahdremro and Ruvgein.

As long as you can handle that, it's approved.
by Liis
March 30, 2018
@Vul Do Qah,

Yes. Remember to try to use canon words instead of non-canon words when possible - as stated in rule #3. Make sure that all members are doing the same and not replying on the Legacy Translator. You can always PM me for help. Other members you could PM include Zinrahzul, Hahdremro and Ruvgein.

As long as you can handle that, it's approved.

Niloblaansil
March 30, 2018

Thanks, one mor question, will i've seen the cannon and the legacy titles in other RP, I would put mine as legacy right?

by Niloblaansil
March 30, 2018

Thanks, one mor question, will i've seen the cannon and the legacy titles in other RP, I would put mine as legacy right?

Liis
Administrator
March 30, 2018
@Zinrahzul, Approved.

@Vul Do Qah, Yes.
by Liis
March 30, 2018
@Zinrahzul, Approved.

@Vul Do Qah, Yes.

Fronlaasfrin
March 31, 2018
I suggested an RP a while back, and as instructed, I am giving more information about it.
The basic idea is this: a mysterious person discovered an ancient Dwemer legend, and has requested the aid of 4 heroes to retrieve it. They meet at an inn in the Imperial City and find that the benefactor is ill, but his assistant is there and gives the heroes a map marking four small Dwemer ruins.
The heroes head off to retrieve the four pieces of the Arcane Master armor set. Upon retrieving it all, they return to the inn. The benefactor then appeares and takes the armor, puts it on and a battle ensues. I could give more info here if needed.
The armor is Dwarven, with enchantments related to magic. Wearing the full set grants the wearer infinite knowledge of the arcane arts.
Hope this helps.
by Fronlaasfrin
March 31, 2018
I suggested an RP a while back, and as instructed, I am giving more information about it.

The basic idea is this: a mysterious person discovered an ancient Dwemer legend, and has requested the aid of 4 heroes to retrieve it. They meet at an inn in the Imperial City and find that the benefactor is ill, but his assistant is there and gives the heroes a map marking four small Dwemer ruins.

The heroes head off to retrieve the four pieces of the Arcane Master armor set. Upon retrieving it all, they return to the inn. The benefactor then appeares and takes the armor, puts it on and a battle ensues. I could give more info here if needed.

The armor is Dwarven, with enchantments related to magic. Wearing the full set grants the wearer infinite knowledge of the arcane arts.

Hope this helps.

Liis
Administrator
March 31, 2018
@Vomirmun,

Approved.
by Liis
March 31, 2018
@Vomirmun,

Approved.

Fronlaasfrin
March 31, 2018