Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Is Talos a "god" or not?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 

Tinvaak
January 4, 2017

I do believe he is a divine.

however

we must aknowledge the fact that at one point he was man, no matter how great a man he was. so the way i think of skyrims pantheon is the eight and the one. Eight gods, and One who has ascended

by Tinvaak
January 4, 2017

I do believe he is a divine.

however

we must aknowledge the fact that at one point he was man, no matter how great a man he was. so the way i think of skyrims pantheon is the eight and the one. Eight gods, and One who has ascended

[deleted]
May 4, 2017

I believe that he at least is a deity of some sort, i don't like how his worship is banned, but if it is what is stopping the Aldmeri Diminion from crushing us into oblivion... I can live with it.

by [deleted]
May 4, 2017

I believe that he at least is a deity of some sort, i don't like how his worship is banned, but if it is what is stopping the Aldmeri Diminion from crushing us into oblivion... I can live with it.

Kingofdeath707
May 10, 2017
JooreMeyye

The aldmari dominion knows talos is a divine it's just the fact that they think he is evil. The altmer believes that they were the aedra that had fallen in the creation of nirn and lorken was the the aedra who tricked the divines into creating nirn and lorkan is shor and talos is a reincarnation of shor a shorzarian (not sure if that is how you spell it.) and the aldmari dominion wants people to stop worshipping him so that he will lose is divine spark because talos would never let the elves try to take over he will stop them, but he can't if he loses his divine spark. So that is the aldmari dominion's reason for banning the worship of talos the divine we all know and love. I hope this post was helpful. I can't stand how the civil war is Tearing Skyrim apart, why doesn't the empire and Stormcloaks just ban together an fight the aldmari dominion? Maybe a thread about that...

by Kingofdeath707
May 10, 2017
JooreMeyye

The aldmari dominion knows talos is a divine it's just the fact that they think he is evil. The altmer believes that they were the aedra that had fallen in the creation of nirn and lorken was the the aedra who tricked the divines into creating nirn and lorkan is shor and talos is a reincarnation of shor a shorzarian (not sure if that is how you spell it.) and the aldmari dominion wants people to stop worshipping him so that he will lose is divine spark because talos would never let the elves try to take over he will stop them, but he can't if he loses his divine spark. So that is the aldmari dominion's reason for banning the worship of talos the divine we all know and love. I hope this post was helpful. I can't stand how the civil war is Tearing Skyrim apart, why doesn't the empire and Stormcloaks just ban together an fight the aldmari dominion? Maybe a thread about that...

[deleted]
June 7, 2017
Kingofdeath707

Why doesn't the Empire and the Stormcloaks just band together and fight the Aldmeri Dominion? Maybe a thread about that...

Yes, well, the Empire would love to fight the Aldmeri and kick them into the next era and crush their bones into the planes of Oblivion, but they can't, which is precisely why they signed the White Gold Concordat and surrendered. Because as soon as they rebelled they would get destroyed because the Aldmeri dominion is stronger than the Empire. So even if the Stormcloaks won, it would be a short-lived victory, because, look out, here comes The Dominion to crush the dwindling remains of the 'mighty' Stormcloaks.

(it's not that i don't like the Stormcloaks, it's just plain folly. They would get destroyed once (if) they won the civil war.)

by [deleted]
June 7, 2017
Kingofdeath707

Why doesn't the Empire and the Stormcloaks just band together and fight the Aldmeri Dominion? Maybe a thread about that...

Yes, well, the Empire would love to fight the Aldmeri and kick them into the next era and crush their bones into the planes of Oblivion, but they can't, which is precisely why they signed the White Gold Concordat and surrendered. Because as soon as they rebelled they would get destroyed because the Aldmeri dominion is stronger than the Empire. So even if the Stormcloaks won, it would be a short-lived victory, because, look out, here comes The Dominion to crush the dwindling remains of the 'mighty' Stormcloaks.

(it's not that i don't like the Stormcloaks, it's just plain folly. They would get destroyed once (if) they won the civil war.)

AsmundFirehelm
July 2, 2017

In my opinion, there's no question whether Talos IS a god or not. he is.

the real question is if he's worthy of worship or not. because, divinity is no reason for worship. Mannimarco might be the God of Worms (If the Warp in the West is anything to go by), and I wouldn't worship that dude. same thing with Sithis (Arguably one of the eldest beings in Aurbis, and definitely a god)

Like. this dude reached Godhead one way or the other. maybe he was born a god. maybe he was blessed with godhood. maybe he Reached CHIM, maybe he mantled Lorkhan. any of these is possible. but fact of the matter is the dude was a pretty horrible war criminal, even for that era. He constantly backstabbed allies, he mistreated the Reachmen, and then his old breton allies. he Accepted to let the Tribunal keep their slavery and he also threatened to use a WMD on elves. the fact he's a god doesn't mean we should forget these stuff...

by AsmundFirehelm
July 2, 2017

In my opinion, there's no question whether Talos IS a god or not. he is.

the real question is if he's worthy of worship or not. because, divinity is no reason for worship. Mannimarco might be the God of Worms (If the Warp in the West is anything to go by), and I wouldn't worship that dude. same thing with Sithis (Arguably one of the eldest beings in Aurbis, and definitely a god)

Like. this dude reached Godhead one way or the other. maybe he was born a god. maybe he was blessed with godhood. maybe he Reached CHIM, maybe he mantled Lorkhan. any of these is possible. but fact of the matter is the dude was a pretty horrible war criminal, even for that era. He constantly backstabbed allies, he mistreated the Reachmen, and then his old breton allies. he Accepted to let the Tribunal keep their slavery and he also threatened to use a WMD on elves. the fact he's a god doesn't mean we should forget these stuff...

AsmundFirehelm
July 2, 2017
JooreMeyye

OK. no.

this is a fallacy, and an easily refutable one.

first of all, Skyrim by itself is extremely hard to invade. The land is basically closed off the rest of tamriel, only connected with small passes that are quite easily defendable and very hard to breach. and a Naval invasion? p l e a s e. It's not like everyone else would just stop by and let the Thalmor send an entire fleet all the way from The Isles to the northern Tamriel. Hammerfell would reply (With a superior Navy), and so would Skyrim.

and that is even assuming Cyrodiil would let them. there's a reason that Thalmor activity in Skyrim (The only land we know the state of in 4e201) is limited to small squads of three and four, with one fort (and an Embassy). Cyrodiil would definitely defend if they tried to move an entire army through their lands to the pale pass.

and next. As far as I know, based on the events TES legends, Titus mede signed the treaty because, no offense, he was an idiot. a very big idiot that either couldn't read, didn't know how to count, or was just too lazy to ask his advisors for any help. that, or his advisors sucked. The Empire had the upper hand after Red Ring. they pushed the Dominion out of Cyrodiil, and this was without the Aid from High Rock, and Hammerfell. (That is, once again, based on Legends. Skyrim Lore does go against this. but Skyrim Lore is extremely vague about cyrodiil)

by AsmundFirehelm
July 2, 2017
JooreMeyye

OK. no.

this is a fallacy, and an easily refutable one.

first of all, Skyrim by itself is extremely hard to invade. The land is basically closed off the rest of tamriel, only connected with small passes that are quite easily defendable and very hard to breach. and a Naval invasion? p l e a s e. It's not like everyone else would just stop by and let the Thalmor send an entire fleet all the way from The Isles to the northern Tamriel. Hammerfell would reply (With a superior Navy), and so would Skyrim.

and that is even assuming Cyrodiil would let them. there's a reason that Thalmor activity in Skyrim (The only land we know the state of in 4e201) is limited to small squads of three and four, with one fort (and an Embassy). Cyrodiil would definitely defend if they tried to move an entire army through their lands to the pale pass.

and next. As far as I know, based on the events TES legends, Titus mede signed the treaty because, no offense, he was an idiot. a very big idiot that either couldn't read, didn't know how to count, or was just too lazy to ask his advisors for any help. that, or his advisors sucked. The Empire had the upper hand after Red Ring. they pushed the Dominion out of Cyrodiil, and this was without the Aid from High Rock, and Hammerfell. (That is, once again, based on Legends. Skyrim Lore does go against this. but Skyrim Lore is extremely vague about cyrodiil)

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.