Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon-Tongue flag?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

Orkar Isber
May 12, 2015

radiance is similiar to a glow but...more. like imagine drawing the moon - glow. now draw a sun - radiance

by Orkar Isber
May 12, 2015

radiance is similiar to a glow but...more. like imagine drawing the moon - glow. now draw a sun - radiance

Maakrindah
May 12, 2015
@Orkar Isber Okay, so radiance has higher saturation of color, in addition to being brighter?
I get the general idea (Great visual by the way! The sun/moon thing was a fabulous explanation.)
I think radiance or glow might be adapted to fit the other colors in the picture, depending on the background. A radiant rune looks different on a gray wall than on a light background.

Keep in mind that Paarthurnax warned earlier in the thread about using color gradients, due to how difficult it is to reproduce. I'm not sure if that applies to glowing/radiant runes.
by Maakrindah
May 12, 2015
@Orkar Isber Okay, so radiance has higher saturation of color, in addition to being brighter?

I get the general idea (Great visual by the way! The sun/moon thing was a fabulous explanation.)

I think radiance or glow might be adapted to fit the other colors in the picture, depending on the background. A radiant rune looks different on a gray wall than on a light background.

Keep in mind that Paarthurnax warned earlier in the thread about using color gradients, due to how difficult it is to reproduce. I'm not sure if that applies to glowing/radiant runes.

NazzemLosDraafKlov
May 12, 2015
 Yes i agree completley! We could even go as far as making it the Thuum.org logo and if you really wanted we could make teashirts with the flag and on the back (or front) it could say Thuum.org, Or you could do something like "We live by the Dova" then under that say Thuum.org. That I think would be awsome it would also promote the website and hopefully could bring Thuum.org more fanbase and have a bigger and better community. paarthurnax

Neat idea! I agree with Kosenu that the flag should use the Skyrim colors, silver on black or silver on dark gray. If any color is used, I think the bright blue of a glowing word of power would be most fitting. This is actually a situation where I think using the official font would be best, if our goal is to make an "official" flag. Otherwise I'd like to see an alternative letter design that's more sharp and angular than round and curved. To be honest, the A rune is a bit arbitrary. I think D works just as well. In my head, my ideal flag is a silver D in a dark gray diamond. Something that would look good on a T-shirt or on the spine of a book. I'll see if I can put something together the next time I'm at the computer.

by NazzemLosDraafKlov
May 12, 2015
 Yes i agree completley! We could even go as far as making it the Thuum.org logo and if you really wanted we could make teashirts with the flag and on the back (or front) it could say Thuum.org, Or you could do something like "We live by the Dova" then under that say Thuum.org. That I think would be awsome it would also promote the website and hopefully could bring Thuum.org more fanbase and have a bigger and better community. paarthurnax

Neat idea! I agree with Kosenu that the flag should use the Skyrim colors, silver on black or silver on dark gray. If any color is used, I think the bright blue of a glowing word of power would be most fitting. This is actually a situation where I think using the official font would be best, if our goal is to make an "official" flag. Otherwise I'd like to see an alternative letter design that's more sharp and angular than round and curved. To be honest, the A rune is a bit arbitrary. I think D works just as well. In my head, my ideal flag is a silver D in a dark gray diamond. Something that would look good on a T-shirt or on the spine of a book. I'll see if I can put something together the next time I'm at the computer.

Maakrindah
May 12, 2015

@NazzemLosDraafKlov as I understand it, there are copyright issues with using the original font. Have you looked at Hiith's "D" Rune earlier in the thread? It's pretty cool.

Also we had discussed the viability of creating a flag and an icon. I don't think we decided anything, but your ideas seem really good for the icon.

by Maakrindah
May 12, 2015

@NazzemLosDraafKlov as I understand it, there are copyright issues with using the original font. Have you looked at Hiith's "D" Rune earlier in the thread? It's pretty cool.

Also we had discussed the viability of creating a flag and an icon. I don't think we decided anything, but your ideas seem really good for the icon.

hiith
May 12, 2015

I'm going to (try to) create a few mock-ups based on  you guys' suggestions (please be patient!). Please look back at previous posts to get an idea of what we've tried before, though (I'm getting torn into all sorts of directions!). Perhaps we can eventually reach a couple of good images and get a community-wide vote on it?

NazzemLosDraafKlov

Yes i agree completley! We could even go as far as making it the Thuum.org logo and if you really wanted we could make teashirts with the flag and on the back (or front) it could say Thuum.org, Or you could do something like "We live by the Dova" then under that say Thuum.org. That I think would be awsome it would also promote the website and hopefully could bring Thuum.org more fanbase and have a bigger and better community.

That's cool and all, but that's not what this is about. The images that we are looking to create are not particular to thuum.org, nor is it for endorsement. I do like the t-shirt idea, though (that'd be a different project).

by hiith
May 12, 2015

I'm going to (try to) create a few mock-ups based on  you guys' suggestions (please be patient!). Please look back at previous posts to get an idea of what we've tried before, though (I'm getting torn into all sorts of directions!). Perhaps we can eventually reach a couple of good images and get a community-wide vote on it?

NazzemLosDraafKlov

Yes i agree completley! We could even go as far as making it the Thuum.org logo and if you really wanted we could make teashirts with the flag and on the back (or front) it could say Thuum.org, Or you could do something like "We live by the Dova" then under that say Thuum.org. That I think would be awsome it would also promote the website and hopefully could bring Thuum.org more fanbase and have a bigger and better community.

That's cool and all, but that's not what this is about. The images that we are looking to create are not particular to thuum.org, nor is it for endorsement. I do like the t-shirt idea, though (that'd be a different project).

Maakrindah
May 12, 2015

@hiith I agree with the community-wide vote (& pretty much everything else you said).

by Maakrindah
May 12, 2015

@hiith I agree with the community-wide vote (& pretty much everything else you said).

hiith
May 12, 2015

Here's some stuff with a mountain in the background:

I'm not sure how to show "radiance", as was suggested, without making it look dumb. It's best to keep it simple (enough), though.

by hiith
May 12, 2015

I'm not sure how to show "radiance", as was suggested, without making it look dumb. It's best to keep it simple (enough), though.

Maakrindah
May 12, 2015

@hiith The Third one is my favorite. I'd vote for that in a heartbeat! That said, do you think a the rune would look good in a different color font, such as white or the background sky blue, with the other color radiating from it? (*For me radiance and glow are interchangeable.) I don't know if it really should have any glow, and a light color would have the visual contrast effect to give the impression of glow. Like I said, I would vote for #3 above as is, but a more visible rune could be easier to read. Awesome job Hiith!!

by Maakrindah
May 12, 2015

@hiith The Third one is my favorite. I'd vote for that in a heartbeat! That said, do you think a the rune would look good in a different color font, such as white or the background sky blue, with the other color radiating from it? (*For me radiance and glow are interchangeable.) I don't know if it really should have any glow, and a light color would have the visual contrast effect to give the impression of glow. Like I said, I would vote for #3 above as is, but a more visible rune could be easier to read. Awesome job Hiith!!

Orkar Isber
May 13, 2015

I meant like beams of light similiar top the japanese flag but each glowing or making it a bright light that fades in distance like the glow just bigger ^^

1 is a bit too simple, 2 reminds me of the Triforce in Zelda. I prefer 4

The T shirt idea is cool but it does cost ya. The guys i know who make the Shirts you can excpect them to be about 10 - 15 Euros per Shirt and you gotta order at least 20 before they bother creating them. However there meay be better offers on the internet

by Orkar Isber
May 13, 2015

I meant like beams of light similiar top the japanese flag but each glowing or making it a bright light that fades in distance like the glow just bigger ^^

1 is a bit too simple, 2 reminds me of the Triforce in Zelda. I prefer 4

The T shirt idea is cool but it does cost ya. The guys i know who make the Shirts you can excpect them to be about 10 - 15 Euros per Shirt and you gotta order at least 20 before they bother creating them. However there meay be better offers on the internet

Maakrindah
May 13, 2015

@Orkar Isber

I am only against #4 because there is not a consistent background behind the rune, and this makes the rune more difficult to read and identify, especially at a distance. I like the glow (#5), but would like to see the same color blue in the sky as in the glow if the glow is gonna be blue.

by Maakrindah
May 13, 2015

@Orkar Isber

I am only against #4 because there is not a consistent background behind the rune, and this makes the rune more difficult to read and identify, especially at a distance. I like the glow (#5), but would like to see the same color blue in the sky as in the glow if the glow is gonna be blue.

Orkar Isber
May 13, 2015

how about we do the glow of #5 in a different color then. i guess red or green would be quite cool looking ant not too far removed from dragons 

by Orkar Isber
May 13, 2015

how about we do the glow of #5 in a different color then. i guess red or green would be quite cool looking ant not too far removed from dragons 

Kosenu
May 13, 2015

My vote goes out to the fourth one. I think it's pretty much perfect. Minimalistic, stylish, and unique. No clutter, no unneeded extras. I love it.

by Kosenu
May 13, 2015

My vote goes out to the fourth one. I think it's pretty much perfect. Minimalistic, stylish, and unique. No clutter, no unneeded extras. I love it.

hiith
May 13, 2015

I am against #4 because the black rune is on a dark grey back-ground (and making it lighter won't help because of the white background at the top).

I like the idea of having the top of the mountain white and the rest of it dark. But I'm not too sure about having a wall and a mountain; it kinda looks like it's on the mountain, but kinda doesn't.

As for "radiance", I can't get it to look, say, not-rediculous (not a bad idea: it's just hard). Altering the glow doesn't seem to yeild pleasurable results. And having "beams of light similar to the top of the Japanese flag" won't do. It might look fine, but you're thinking of the imperial japanese flag (Japan's flag is actually just a red circle on a white back-ground), which is like putting a swastika on the flag. I'm not putting a swastika on the flag. (Though, the swastika is used as a symbol of prosperity or something, particularly in Buddhist and Hindu culture (I think).)

As for the colour of the glow, it would have to be blue (because it always appears as blue in-game), but a sky blue is possible. I, however, think that it would be better not to use the glow to keep it easier to replicate.

by hiith
May 13, 2015

I am against #4 because the black rune is on a dark grey back-ground (and making it lighter won't help because of the white background at the top).

I like the idea of having the top of the mountain white and the rest of it dark. But I'm not too sure about having a wall and a mountain; it kinda looks like it's on the mountain, but kinda doesn't.

As for "radiance", I can't get it to look, say, not-rediculous (not a bad idea: it's just hard). Altering the glow doesn't seem to yeild pleasurable results. And having "beams of light similar to the top of the Japanese flag" won't do. It might look fine, but you're thinking of the imperial japanese flag (Japan's flag is actually just a red circle on a white back-ground), which is like putting a swastika on the flag. I'm not putting a swastika on the flag. (Though, the swastika is used as a symbol of prosperity or something, particularly in Buddhist and Hindu culture (I think).)

As for the colour of the glow, it would have to be blue (because it always appears as blue in-game), but a sky blue is possible. I, however, think that it would be better not to use the glow to keep it easier to replicate.

Maakrindah
May 13, 2015

@hiith 

You are completely right. I agree with everything you said. (Also wanted to add that the swastika or "Sun Wheel" as it is known to Asatru and Germanic Heathens is an important symbol associated with the sun and its effect on crops and animals - - Also the swastika is important to several cultures including the ones you mentioned.)

by Maakrindah
May 13, 2015

@hiith 

You are completely right. I agree with everything you said. (Also wanted to add that the swastika or "Sun Wheel" as it is known to Asatru and Germanic Heathens is an important symbol associated with the sun and its effect on crops and animals - - Also the swastika is important to several cultures including the ones you mentioned.)

Grolahmul
June 2, 2015
hiith

mix these 2 and it's perfect (in my opinion, anyway) Put the blue light on the rune with the wall. Maybe make the sky darker, as if it were night, and put a Northern Light around the mountain? I'll save it to my USB tomorrow (because it's still at school), and show you what I mean on Wednesday.

by Grolahmul
June 2, 2015
hiith

mix these 2 and it's perfect (in my opinion, anyway) Put the blue light on the rune with the wall. Maybe make the sky darker, as if it were night, and put a Northern Light around the mountain? I'll save it to my USB tomorrow (because it's still at school), and show you what I mean on Wednesday.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.