A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

stormcloaks or imperials?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 > >>  

GodofGames2468
December 9, 2015
Yolos Vith

The Empire is doing their best to counter the Elves. They are mankind's best hope to combat the Aldmeri Dominion. The Stormcloaks are simple minded terrorists.

However, the Empire is corrupted. If someone who, unlike Ulfric, was competent enough to assist the Empire to combat the Thalmor espionage, then man might stand a better chance unified against the Elven threat.

I dont believe Ulfric is selfish, but I also dont agree to his racism. and the Stormcloaks are not terrorists. They are rebels, fighting in a revolution to take back their home land from the Empire

by GodofGames2468
December 9, 2015
Yolos Vith

The Empire is doing their best to counter the Elves. They are mankind's best hope to combat the Aldmeri Dominion. The Stormcloaks are simple minded terrorists.

However, the Empire is corrupted. If someone who, unlike Ulfric, was competent enough to assist the Empire to combat the Thalmor espionage, then man might stand a better chance unified against the Elven threat.

I dont believe Ulfric is selfish, but I also dont agree to his racism. and the Stormcloaks are not terrorists. They are rebels, fighting in a revolution to take back their home land from the Empire

GodofGames2468
December 9, 2015
StrunLokSingh

*freedom fighters

Not terrorists.

Though Ulfric is the only arse (along with a few others, of course). I just like the Thalmor because causing chaos is fun.

I prefer freedom and independence. It's like the American Revolution

by GodofGames2468
December 9, 2015
StrunLokSingh

*freedom fighters

Not terrorists.

Though Ulfric is the only arse (along with a few others, of course). I just like the Thalmor because causing chaos is fun.

I prefer freedom and independence. It's like the American Revolution

GodofGames2468
December 9, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

The Thalmor are essentially the KKK of TES. Their cause is good but they're just a bunch of racist pieces of **** that deserve to be brutally murdered.

The Thalmor deserve death

by GodofGames2468
December 9, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

The Thalmor are essentially the KKK of TES. Their cause is good but they're just a bunch of racist pieces of **** that deserve to be brutally murdered.

The Thalmor deserve death

Spyro
December 17, 2015
GodofGames2468

The Empire had 25 years to rebuild themselves. I dont care if Ulfric is doing it for himself or if he truly cares for his people, I dont want everyone be controlled by a puppet empire. everyone is forced to either do wat the Dominion and Empire says, or they can die an unjust death. the stormcloaks wont stand for it either. I choose freedom over tyranny

take note that the legion and the empire takes chances to screw over the dominion sometimes. Ulfric dosn't care for anything but nords, poverty, bandits atack anything that isn't nord, inisents are killed and or mistreated by Ulfric and or his soldires, dishonerable, shall I go on? I am sorry to say this, but that is to many of my morals broken. The empire my break my beleaf of free religion, but that is mostly because of the dominion. I respeact your beleaf, but don't stomp on mine, you do this to me again, and all restraints shall be removed, and I shall return your ammunition against you twice as powerfull. RESPECT, is what founds many things, including understanding.

by Spyro
December 17, 2015
GodofGames2468

The Empire had 25 years to rebuild themselves. I dont care if Ulfric is doing it for himself or if he truly cares for his people, I dont want everyone be controlled by a puppet empire. everyone is forced to either do wat the Dominion and Empire says, or they can die an unjust death. the stormcloaks wont stand for it either. I choose freedom over tyranny

take note that the legion and the empire takes chances to screw over the dominion sometimes. Ulfric dosn't care for anything but nords, poverty, bandits atack anything that isn't nord, inisents are killed and or mistreated by Ulfric and or his soldires, dishonerable, shall I go on? I am sorry to say this, but that is to many of my morals broken. The empire my break my beleaf of free religion, but that is mostly because of the dominion. I respeact your beleaf, but don't stomp on mine, you do this to me again, and all restraints shall be removed, and I shall return your ammunition against you twice as powerfull. RESPECT, is what founds many things, including understanding.

onikmey
December 18, 2015

Many of the dov here are angered, furious even, at the blatant racism held by nordic leader "Ulfric Stormcloak". This view, while kul, is not held by most of tamriel- even amongst the dov. From now on I speak not my own thoughts, but the thoughts of many in Tamriel.

The races of Tamriel split the continent with their arrogance.

The dov, immortal and bound to this earth, were worshiped as gods by the early men. And, in their minds, for good reason. They were powerful and immortal, created by Akatosh himself. Their voices brought fire and death. The mortal races, crawling on the ground below, were weak, uncultured, and deserved nothing more than slavery or death.

The elves, particularly the Altmer, believe themselves to be the direct descendents of the divines and so called them aedra, or ancestors. The Thalmor are so aloof and despised because their aim is to return to Aetherius, becoming divine once more. Many of the races of men think of this as arrogance and disdain, but they are not the sons of the divines. Their ancestors are here. They were not denied their right to divinity, and so cannot comprehend the drive, the need, to return. The elves were here long before the races of men were even born. Men die quickly, and bring only destruction. The races of men deserve nothing more than slavery or death.

The races of men, especially the nords, are looked upon as short lived and uncultured. But they have a strength that none can anticipate. They are brave, called foolish by elves and dragons. Their shortness of life gives them a drive to achieve great things. The dragons fly above and shout down at them, breaking their hearts. The elves, different and uncaring rulers, lead them to trials and torments that they cannot endure. They underestimate the strength of men. The elves and the dragons, arrogant and cruel, deserve nothing more than slavery and death.

I now return to my thoughts. It pained me to write the phrases above, as they show ugly thoughts of many of the races of Tamriel. The racism encountered from Jarl Ulfric, while vokul and niseim, is a common aspect of tamrielic history and can be found in nearly every province at some level. 

As a dovah, I am inclined to scoff at the arrogance of man, elf, and my kin. As a man, I am inclined only to protect those I love and harm those who would harm them. However, if I had to choose a side I would and will side with the empire. The imperials are not strong or powerful like the other races of men. They are not skilled with magic like the elves. Their strength comes from their skills of diplomacy. Their ability to negotiate and form alliances with any race, from the dunmer to the argonians to the nords of skyrim, is what makes their empire as powerful as it is. Their willingness to accept or conquer other nations as is best for the situation is what brought the empire together. That being said, no one is above reproach. As a dovah, I can follow a people who value their words. As a man, I can follow a people who are willing to listen and negotiate, no matter what my ideals are.

by onikmey
December 18, 2015

Many of the dov here are angered, furious even, at the blatant racism held by nordic leader "Ulfric Stormcloak". This view, while kul, is not held by most of tamriel- even amongst the dov. From now on I speak not my own thoughts, but the thoughts of many in Tamriel.

The dov, immortal and bound to this earth, were worshiped as gods by the early men. And, in their minds, for good reason. They were powerful and immortal, created by Akatosh himself. Their voices brought fire and death. The mortal races, crawling on the ground below, were weak, uncultured, and deserved nothing more than slavery or death.

The elves, particularly the Altmer, believe themselves to be the direct descendents of the divines and so called them aedra, or ancestors. The Thalmor are so aloof and despised because their aim is to return to Aetherius, becoming divine once more. Many of the races of men think of this as arrogance and disdain, but they are not the sons of the divines. Their ancestors are here. They were not denied their right to divinity, and so cannot comprehend the drive, the need, to return. The elves were here long before the races of men were even born. Men die quickly, and bring only destruction. The races of men deserve nothing more than slavery or death.

The races of men, especially the nords, are looked upon as short lived and uncultured. But they have a strength that none can anticipate. They are brave, called foolish by elves and dragons. Their shortness of life gives them a drive to achieve great things. The dragons fly above and shout down at them, breaking their hearts. The elves, different and uncaring rulers, lead them to trials and torments that they cannot endure. They underestimate the strength of men. The elves and the dragons, arrogant and cruel, deserve nothing more than slavery and death.

I now return to my thoughts. It pained me to write the phrases above, as they show ugly thoughts of many of the races of Tamriel. The racism encountered from Jarl Ulfric, while vokul and niseim, is a common aspect of tamrielic history and can be found in nearly every province at some level. 

As a dovah, I am inclined to scoff at the arrogance of man, elf, and my kin. As a man, I am inclined only to protect those I love and harm those who would harm them. However, if I had to choose a side I would and will side with the empire. The imperials are not strong or powerful like the other races of men. They are not skilled with magic like the elves. Their strength comes from their skills of diplomacy. Their ability to negotiate and form alliances with any race, from the dunmer to the argonians to the nords of skyrim, is what makes their empire as powerful as it is. Their willingness to accept or conquer other nations as is best for the situation is what brought the empire together. That being said, no one is above reproach. As a dovah, I can follow a people who value their words. As a man, I can follow a people who are willing to listen and negotiate, no matter what my ideals are.

volzah zol
December 18, 2015

While it's hard to get past Ulfric's obvious bigotry, one can understand it, given both the history of race relations in Tamriel, and the history of slavery, oppression, cruelty, and genocide perpetrated by the Mer.

When the first Nords came to Skyrim, they lived in peace with the Snow Elves. But when the Snow Elves began to take notice of how quickly humans reproduce, and began fearing they would soon surpass them as the dominant race, they performed one of the most horrific acts of genocide in Nord history. When Ysgramor returned to Skyrim with his 500 warriors, it was an act of vengence. Realising they'd picked a fight they couldn't win, the Falmer sought the help of the Dwemer. But what did the Dwemer do? Tricked the Falmer, blinded them, and enslaved them. Their own cousins. The Dunmer were well known for the atrocities and enslavement of other races, especially the Argonians. And look at the cause of the Great War, the Aldmeri Dominion deciding they needed to be in control, ruling over the 'less cultured' human races. 

Elves are racists. More over, they're tyrannical by nature. Granted, not every Elf you meet in your travels will try to subdue you, or look down their very long noses at you, but when politics and religion are involved (which in Tamriel, it's ALWAYS involved), chances are the Elves are going to try to enslave or in some way dominate all other races, including other variations of their own race. 

While I don't like Ulfric for my own personal reasons (don't even get me started...), I understand his cause, and even sympathize with it. I love the Empire, but they betrayed themselves by signing the White-Gold Concordat. They were, in a single stroke of a pen, denouncing the very Man who built their empire, and imposing relgious persecution on the people of Tamriel. For any True Son of Skyrim, as Ulfric fancies himself to be, this would be intolerable. It's bad enough to side with the same faction who rejects your god, but to allow the both the restriction of worship and persecution of those who do? 

I don't share Ulfric's disdain for the Mer, but I do understand it. And in trying to decide which side to support and which to oppose, I have to rule in favor of civil and religious rights. Like it or not, Ulfric does champion for those things, while the Empire has lost it's way. 

by volzah zol
December 18, 2015

While it's hard to get past Ulfric's obvious bigotry, one can understand it, given both the history of race relations in Tamriel, and the history of slavery, oppression, cruelty, and genocide perpetrated by the Mer.

When the first Nords came to Skyrim, they lived in peace with the Snow Elves. But when the Snow Elves began to take notice of how quickly humans reproduce, and began fearing they would soon surpass them as the dominant race, they performed one of the most horrific acts of genocide in Nord history. When Ysgramor returned to Skyrim with his 500 warriors, it was an act of vengence. Realising they'd picked a fight they couldn't win, the Falmer sought the help of the Dwemer. But what did the Dwemer do? Tricked the Falmer, blinded them, and enslaved them. Their own cousins. The Dunmer were well known for the atrocities and enslavement of other races, especially the Argonians. And look at the cause of the Great War, the Aldmeri Dominion deciding they needed to be in control, ruling over the 'less cultured' human races. 

Elves are racists. More over, they're tyrannical by nature. Granted, not every Elf you meet in your travels will try to subdue you, or look down their very long noses at you, but when politics and religion are involved (which in Tamriel, it's ALWAYS involved), chances are the Elves are going to try to enslave or in some way dominate all other races, including other variations of their own race. 

While I don't like Ulfric for my own personal reasons (don't even get me started...), I understand his cause, and even sympathize with it. I love the Empire, but they betrayed themselves by signing the White-Gold Concordat. They were, in a single stroke of a pen, denouncing the very Man who built their empire, and imposing relgious persecution on the people of Tamriel. For any True Son of Skyrim, as Ulfric fancies himself to be, this would be intolerable. It's bad enough to side with the same faction who rejects your god, but to allow the both the restriction of worship and persecution of those who do? 

I don't share Ulfric's disdain for the Mer, but I do understand it. And in trying to decide which side to support and which to oppose, I have to rule in favor of civil and religious rights. Like it or not, Ulfric does champion for those things, while the Empire has lost it's way. 

yolviingdinok
December 27, 2015

it makes more sense to join the stormcloaks because why would you join the army who tried to chop off your head?

by yolviingdinok
December 27, 2015

it makes more sense to join the stormcloaks because why would you join the army who tried to chop off your head?

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
It's a hard choice, but I prefer Inperials since the Stormcloaks don't let the Argonians into the city walls. (I feel so sad for them.) I also really don't like the Thalmor either, and since they are associated with the Stormcloaks I choose the Inperials instead.
by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
It's a hard choice, but I prefer Inperials since the Stormcloaks don't let the Argonians into the city walls. (I feel so sad for them.) I also really don't like the Thalmor either, and since they are associated with the Stormcloaks I choose the Inperials instead.

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015

GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
BoziikDezAl

the sotrmcloaks HATE the thalmor. they plan for war against them. and since Nords r the best warriors in Tamriel, the Nords will most likely win the war

by GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
BoziikDezAl

the sotrmcloaks HATE the thalmor. they plan for war against them. and since Nords r the best warriors in Tamriel, the Nords will most likely win the war

GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
BoziikDezAl

by GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
BoziikDezAl

GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
volzah zol

you know, the Empire would've won the war if they stayed in it for a bit longer

by GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
volzah zol

you know, the Empire would've won the war if they stayed in it for a bit longer

GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
onikhefhah

the dragonborn will deal with u, dragon

by GodofGames2468
January 12, 2016
onikhefhah

the dragonborn will deal with u, dragon

Duryoljot
January 12, 2016

I think the Stormcloaks need a better leader. Preferably a non-nord. Maybe even an Orc. The Orcs know what's up when it comes to low down combat and conflict. But the Redguards are even better. The ultimate battlemages... Too bad they're so reclusive. But if the nords combined forces with them the war could finally begin full force at two fronts, Hammerfell and Skyrim. It would probably be the best way to force other provinces into submission and combat the elves. 

by Duryoljot
January 12, 2016

I think the Stormcloaks need a better leader. Preferably a non-nord. Maybe even an Orc. The Orcs know what's up when it comes to low down combat and conflict. But the Redguards are even better. The ultimate battlemages... Too bad they're so reclusive. But if the nords combined forces with them the war could finally begin full force at two fronts, Hammerfell and Skyrim. It would probably be the best way to force other provinces into submission and combat the elves. 

Seb1
January 18, 2016

None of them a right

by Seb1
January 18, 2016

None of them a right

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.