A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Community Mod?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12  13 > >>  

Duryoljot
April 5, 2016
TheFemaleCharlie

Hi, I was sent here by Yolos to do voice acting. I was told to ask for Loniizrath. What can I do to help?

I'll make sure he gets the message, I'll PM him soon. Sorry about any inconviences!

by Duryoljot
April 5, 2016
TheFemaleCharlie

Hi, I was sent here by Yolos to do voice acting. I was told to ask for Loniizrath. What can I do to help?

I'll make sure he gets the message, I'll PM him soon. Sorry about any inconviences!

Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

Alright, Fury's adaption looks like it might be the best so far, still waiting on Kriidgaafthunvu's input.

Also, the only way to intergrate user submitted NPCs into the questline so far is to have a list of available "roles", there should be enough generic and unnamed NPCs in the questline already to tailor into people's image. These could be people, animals, dragons, undead... You name it. Also, I think an Easter Egg or two is in order, hmm?

There are some characters we can't really put on the list of roles, only a couple though, like our antagonist super dragon.

by Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

Alright, Fury's adaption looks like it might be the best so far, still waiting on Kriidgaafthunvu's input.

Also, the only way to intergrate user submitted NPCs into the questline so far is to have a list of available "roles", there should be enough generic and unnamed NPCs in the questline already to tailor into people's image. These could be people, animals, dragons, undead... You name it. Also, I think an Easter Egg or two is in order, hmm?

There are some characters we can't really put on the list of roles, only a couple though, like our antagonist super dragon.

Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

So I'm guessing that Fury's rendtion of the Dragon Cult/Saviors attempting to rise a new super dragon versus the Blades and various other allies is the hottest item? If this sounds alright, then we can get to work on the scripts, details of the story, the like.

If our writers are ready, then we can begin... ACT ONE...

by Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

So I'm guessing that Fury's rendtion of the Dragon Cult/Saviors attempting to rise a new super dragon versus the Blades and various other allies is the hottest item? If this sounds alright, then we can get to work on the scripts, details of the story, the like.

If our writers are ready, then we can begin... ACT ONE...

Malboviing
April 5, 2016

That sounds good to me.

by Malboviing
April 5, 2016

That sounds good to me.

Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

We ought to start both the preview roles list and public announcements soon. 

by Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

We ought to start both the preview roles list and public announcements soon. 

Mirkrilaar
April 5, 2016
I like the idea of Dragon Cult vs Blades. This reminds me a lot of an old roleplay I did called "The Second Coming" where I tried to revive the dragon cult into a more modern, civilized and more peaceful cult instead of barbarians and sacrifices
by Mirkrilaar
April 5, 2016
I like the idea of Dragon Cult vs Blades. This reminds me a lot of an old roleplay I did called "The Second Coming" where I tried to revive the dragon cult into a more modern, civilized and more peaceful cult instead of barbarians and sacrifices

Frinmulaar
April 5, 2016

I'd like to let people know that I'm ready if someone needs sound files made or edited. I can synthesize almost any sort of SFX - and of course I also have a somewhat Scandinavian accent.

by Frinmulaar
April 5, 2016

I'd like to let people know that I'm ready if someone needs sound files made or edited. I can synthesize almost any sort of SFX - and of course I also have a somewhat Scandinavian accent.

Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

That's perfect. Assuming me and the other writers can get this plot sorted, we should be ready to release the mod by 2020.

(More like 2016, we're going to need some of you guys to edit our work on the Google document, too. I can't be on forever, you know)

Oh, and if anyone wants the link to our document for the mod PM me and I'll get you it.

by Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

That's perfect. Assuming me and the other writers can get this plot sorted, we should be ready to release the mod by 2020.

(More like 2016, we're going to need some of you guys to edit our work on the Google document, too. I can't be on forever, you know)

Oh, and if anyone wants the link to our document for the mod PM me and I'll get you it.

Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

Because we need all the hands we can get to write this script...

by Duryoljot
April 5, 2016

Because we need all the hands we can get to write this script...

Kriidgaafthunvu
April 5, 2016
I guess for now we wait until jobs are assigned.
by Kriidgaafthunvu
April 5, 2016
I guess for now we wait until jobs are assigned.

Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Indeed. The work should probably be done one piece at a time, right (I have never devloped or helped to develop a game or mod before, but I'd say that this is going well)?

So everyone is on standby for now, except for the writers and anyon who wants to spread the news or find any other assets, I'm sure some of you know some people that can provide help at some point.

by Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

Indeed. The work should probably be done one piece at a time, right (I have never devloped or helped to develop a game or mod before, but I'd say that this is going well)?

So everyone is on standby for now, except for the writers and anyon who wants to spread the news or find any other assets, I'm sure some of you know some people that can provide help at some point.

Mirkrilaar
April 6, 2016

While I am excited about the new ideas that everyone is presenting, I still feel like the roots of the idea should be implimented as well. I was hoping, as the foundation of the mod, that since every member on this site is dedicated to the dragon language from Skyrim, that everyone  be wearing Greybeard robes. Or, another idea, every character wears the usual armor/clothing that they wear in-game per their universe.

When it comes to storyline, I do not have any ideas, so that is fair game. As for dragon named members, I was thinking either to make them a dragon in the mod, or perhaps use the name of their character from Skyrim. Maybe perhaps....we could be a place somewhat similar to High Hrothgar, with every member inside that lives there and the dragon members out in the back. Or we could have it like High Hrothgar, but much larger, in order to accomidate for the amount of members on this site. Of course, all of this is food for thought.

by Mirkrilaar
April 6, 2016

While I am excited about the new ideas that everyone is presenting, I still feel like the roots of the idea should be implimented as well. I was hoping, as the foundation of the mod, that since every member on this site is dedicated to the dragon language from Skyrim, that everyone  be wearing Greybeard robes. Or, another idea, every character wears the usual armor/clothing that they wear in-game per their universe.

When it comes to storyline, I do not have any ideas, so that is fair game. As for dragon named members, I was thinking either to make them a dragon in the mod, or perhaps use the name of their character from Skyrim. Maybe perhaps....we could be a place somewhat similar to High Hrothgar, with every member inside that lives there and the dragon members out in the back. Or we could have it like High Hrothgar, but much larger, in order to accomidate for the amount of members on this site. Of course, all of this is food for thought.

Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

These requests may be difficult to fulfill. The basis of the storyline is around dragon scholars, worshippers, and hunters all fighting for different goals circulating around a second, more powerful Alduin super dragon raised and transformed by the members of a new faction in order to fulfill Akatosh's wishes and secure a place in the new world. Why would we all be wearing  Greybeard robes, when some of us may be wishing to be more like Blades or Dragon Cult members? 

However, it is possible for users to submit details about a custom avatar in-game thorugh the mod, creating a character that could be a dragon, human/mer/humanoid, or even a fish if they so desired! Literally any NPC in the storyline... But I respect your wishes, Mirkrilaar, and I wil say that it is possible to manipulate the story at this point to make the members of Thu'um into dragon scholars.

But... I propose a vote! Let's see what the mod contributors feel about either option! 

TO ANY AND ALL MOD CONTRIBUTORS READING THIS, PLEASE SEE MY NEW THREAD ON THE HEARTH TITLED MOD VOTE TO VOTE ON OUR STATUS IN THE MOD AS CUSTOM AVATARS!!!

by Duryoljot
April 6, 2016

These requests may be difficult to fulfill. The basis of the storyline is around dragon scholars, worshippers, and hunters all fighting for different goals circulating around a second, more powerful Alduin super dragon raised and transformed by the members of a new faction in order to fulfill Akatosh's wishes and secure a place in the new world. Why would we all be wearing  Greybeard robes, when some of us may be wishing to be more like Blades or Dragon Cult members? 

However, it is possible for users to submit details about a custom avatar in-game thorugh the mod, creating a character that could be a dragon, human/mer/humanoid, or even a fish if they so desired! Literally any NPC in the storyline... But I respect your wishes, Mirkrilaar, and I wil say that it is possible to manipulate the story at this point to make the members of Thu'um into dragon scholars.

But... I propose a vote! Let's see what the mod contributors feel about either option! 

TO ANY AND ALL MOD CONTRIBUTORS READING THIS, PLEASE SEE MY NEW THREAD ON THE HEARTH TITLED MOD VOTE TO VOTE ON OUR STATUS IN THE MOD AS CUSTOM AVATARS!!!

Necromas
April 6, 2016

One important thing we should talk about is location pertaining to the story. As suggested by Mirkrilaar, a place similar to high Hrothgar, but bigger. The only problem with such a place is that dragons take up a lot of space, and there are a lot of community members. Is this place going to be out final idea? If it is, where is it located? It has to be hiden, for obvious reasons. Is it going to be underground? Or in a specific part of oblivion, only accesible by a portal?  Or on a completly different part of Nirn? There's plenty of other continents located on the planet that we could base the new High Hrothgar.  Any of them are "reacable" in the lore becasue we have dragons, so we can be based pretty much anywhere. 

by Necromas
April 6, 2016

One important thing we should talk about is location pertaining to the story. As suggested by Mirkrilaar, a place similar to high Hrothgar, but bigger. The only problem with such a place is that dragons take up a lot of space, and there are a lot of community members. Is this place going to be out final idea? If it is, where is it located? It has to be hiden, for obvious reasons. Is it going to be underground? Or in a specific part of oblivion, only accesible by a portal?  Or on a completly different part of Nirn? There's plenty of other continents located on the planet that we could base the new High Hrothgar.  Any of them are "reacable" in the lore becasue we have dragons, so we can be based pretty much anywhere. 

Mirkrilaar
April 6, 2016

(Accidentally posted twice so I removed the other.)

I appreciate your respect! My idea is somewhat like a community. A place like High Hrothgar where we all reside. I suppose a few basic idas I have (they just have a foundation, not an entire plot) would be to find new words in word walls in a far off portion of Skyrim? Maybe.....have an antagonist and the only way to find out what he is planning is by reading the word walls and translating them? I think that it would be a good idea for members to get expansive within the language itself and not have it just be another mod like all the others. Have it stand out among the others by having the player think about the language. maybe it could get others interested in learning more at the same time! Maybe we could even promote the site. Haha!

by Mirkrilaar
April 6, 2016

(Accidentally posted twice so I removed the other.)

I appreciate your respect! My idea is somewhat like a community. A place like High Hrothgar where we all reside. I suppose a few basic idas I have (they just have a foundation, not an entire plot) would be to find new words in word walls in a far off portion of Skyrim? Maybe.....have an antagonist and the only way to find out what he is planning is by reading the word walls and translating them? I think that it would be a good idea for members to get expansive within the language itself and not have it just be another mod like all the others. Have it stand out among the others by having the player think about the language. maybe it could get others interested in learning more at the same time! Maybe we could even promote the site. Haha!

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12  13 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.