A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Roleplay Request Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 > >>  

Liis
Administrator
April 18, 2018
@ThurDoSil,

From the Roleplay rules:
"Do not post graphic sex or violence. Exercise good judgment and consider content that would be appropriate in Skyrim."
by Liis
April 18, 2018
@ThurDoSil,

From the Roleplay rules:

"Do not post graphic sex or violence. Exercise good judgment and consider content that would be appropriate in Skyrim."

Ruvgein
April 18, 2018
Adding on to what Liis wrote, if there were going to be an RP with any elements along those lines, it would need to be run by a mature, highly trusted site member to make sure it stays, shall I say, consensual, among other things.

Skyrim is a mature-rated game, yes, but it's not adult-only. It is also the type of game many underage gamers play, and Thuum.org's demographic tends to have a fair amount of underage members.

Keeping with that sprit, it would be hard to run an RP with those kinds of themes while allowing it to all members, for fairness and legality.
by Ruvgein
April 18, 2018
Adding on to what Liis wrote, if there were going to be an RP with any elements along those lines, it would need to be run by a mature, highly trusted site member to make sure it stays, shall I say, consensual, among other things.

Skyrim is a mature-rated game, yes, but it's not adult-only. It is also the type of game many underage gamers play, and Thuum.org's demographic tends to have a fair amount of underage members.

Keeping with that sprit, it would be hard to run an RP with those kinds of themes while allowing it to all members, for fairness and legality.

Vuldovyol
May 8, 2018

RP Idea

Premise: The Aldmeri Dominion has invaded Skyrim. The Ruby Throne stands empty. Only Whiterun is free. A group of Adventurers fight for the Heart of Skyrim.

Setting: 4E 223, in Whiterun Hold,

Tone: Serious

Character rules: Any race from TESV, Highest tier is Ebony, All spells allowed

Posting Rules: Dialogue is Dovahzul, you have 3 weeks to post.

by Vuldovyol
May 8, 2018

RP Idea

Premise: The Aldmeri Dominion has invaded Skyrim. The Ruby Throne stands empty. Only Whiterun is free. A group of Adventurers fight for the Heart of Skyrim.

Setting: 4E 223, in Whiterun Hold,

Tone: Serious

Character rules: Any race from TESV, Highest tier is Ebony, All spells allowed

Posting Rules: Dialogue is Dovahzul, you have 3 weeks to post.

Liis
Administrator
May 8, 2018
@Vuldovyol,

Approved.
by Liis
May 8, 2018
@Vuldovyol,

Approved.

Rahjundov
May 24, 2018

I wish to be a part of the Dragon War RP, but where do I go and how do I join

by Rahjundov
May 24, 2018

I wish to be a part of the Dragon War RP, but where do I go and how do I join

Rahjundov
May 24, 2018

The one thought of by Vomirmun

by Rahjundov
May 24, 2018

The one thought of by Vomirmun

Liis
Administrator
May 24, 2018
Send a private message to the creator of the thread you wish to join.
by Liis
May 24, 2018
Send a private message to the creator of the thread you wish to join.

Rahjundov
May 24, 2018

Kogaan

by Rahjundov
May 24, 2018

Kogaan

Rahjundov
May 26, 2018
Hail thuri

I am writing a story and someone has asked if it can be a role play
I also don’t know how to set up a role play

If it can be a role play let me know

I may have to assign roles for it
by Rahjundov
May 26, 2018
Hail thuri

I am writing a story and someone has asked if it can be a role play

I also don’t know how to set up a role play

If it can be a role play let me know

I may have to assign roles for it

Rahjundov
May 26, 2018
Setting: After the rise of High King Ulfric Stormcloak, Death of Alduin, Fall of Vohlikar Vampires, and the Defeat of Miraak
Story: The tale of the half dragon daughter of Akatosh
Roles: Assigned by me
Uses of Thuums allowed
Armor up to dragonscale for light and ebony for heavy
Spells up to expert level (Mondovrah has Master)
Has to be english
Roles of Dragons: Must speak Dovahzul (translation in parenthesis)

These are all the details I have for now
by Rahjundov
May 26, 2018
Setting: After the rise of High King Ulfric Stormcloak, Death of Alduin, Fall of Vohlikar Vampires, and the Defeat of Miraak

Story: The tale of the half dragon daughter of Akatosh

Roles: Assigned by me

Uses of Thuums allowed

Armor up to dragonscale for light and ebony for heavy

Spells up to expert level (Mondovrah has Master)

Has to be english

Roles of Dragons: Must speak Dovahzul (translation in parenthesis)

These are all the details I have for now

Liis
Administrator
May 28, 2018
@Rahjundov,

I'm going to need more details about the setting(s) and direction of this roleplay please.
by Liis
May 28, 2018
@Rahjundov,

I'm going to need more details about the setting(s) and direction of this roleplay please.

Ruvgein
May 28, 2018
Adding on to Liis, if you're turning a fanfic into an RP, you have to be sure to not railroad your players, force them into predefined roles, or make any of them unimportant compared to any other characters.

Because that's what happens in D&D when the DM uses the setting of a book they're writing. Every time.
by Ruvgein
May 28, 2018
Adding on to Liis, if you're turning a fanfic into an RP, you have to be sure to not railroad your players, force them into predefined roles, or make any of them unimportant compared to any other characters.

Because that's what happens in D&D when the DM uses the setting of a book they're writing. Every time.

Rahjundov
May 30, 2018
I can make a possible list of roles for the first act

The story may have to be broken up into different Acts

Like the Tradegy of Julius Caesar
by Rahjundov
May 30, 2018
I can make a possible list of roles for the first act

The story may have to be broken up into different Acts

Like the Tradegy of Julius Caesar

nope90
July 2, 2018
were can i joion in a roleplay? i love doing them but i dont know much dragon  right now ive learned how its spoken and a few words and phrases like pah shuul grind but my righting needs work  

by nope90
July 2, 2018
were can i joion in a roleplay? i love doing them but i dont know much dragon  right now ive learned how its spoken and a few words and phrases like pah shuul grind but my righting needs work  

Liis
Administrator
July 2, 2018
From the second paragraph of the Roleplay Forum Rules & Guidelines thread:

"If you find an open RP you're interested in joining, post your character details to the thread for the GM to review. See the Player Character Guidelines section below for more on characters.
A GM may decline your request to join or ask you to alter your character to better fit their RP. If this occurs, please respect their wishes and find another RP to participate in if it isn't the right fit for you. Contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns regarding RP conduct."

"Consider the following traits when describing your character:

-Name
-Race
-Backstory
-Personality
-Skills/Abilities
-Possessions
-Goals

When creating a character, keep these guidelines in mind:

-Respect any character rules the GM has set regarding character race, background, power levels, etc.. It's within the GM's right to request changes if your character doesn't comply with the rules they've established.
-Give your character a goal with clear obstacles to overcome. This will give the GM and other players something to build on as the RP progresses.
-Give your character flaws and weaknesses. If your character is an invincible void dragon who's stronger than Alduin, for example, you aren't leaving much opportunity for a story to develop.
-Consider a character who compliments other characters in the group. Avoid a character that conflicts with or overshadows another player's character. For example, if an RP follows a band of Nordic elf hunters, don't choose an elf character unless the group agrees that's a story arc they're interested in playing out. As another example, if the group features a powerful wizard, don't just make an even more powerful wizard.
-Create a character that has the capacity to participate in the RP and use the dragon language. For example, in an RP about political intrigue in the Imperial City, you probably shouldn't roleplay a Mudcrab (without some well considered story reasons).
-Try to keep your character's abilities and possessions consistent. If the group ends up imprisoned, it would be unfair to the story for your character to pull a lockpick out of thin air. Likewise, if your character finds themselves poisoned, it would be unfair to suddenly declare that your character is part-Argonian and thus immune to poison."
by Liis
July 2, 2018
From the second paragraph of the Roleplay Forum Rules & Guidelines thread:

"If you find an open RP you're interested in joining, post your character details to the thread for the GM to review. See the Player Character Guidelines section below for more on characters.

A GM may decline your request to join or ask you to alter your character to better fit their RP. If this occurs, please respect their wishes and find another RP to participate in if it isn't the right fit for you. Contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns regarding RP conduct."

"Consider the following traits when describing your character:

-Name

-Race

-Backstory

-Personality

-Skills/Abilities

-Possessions

-Goals

When creating a character, keep these guidelines in mind:

-Respect any character rules the GM has set regarding character race, background, power levels, etc.. It's within the GM's right to request changes if your character doesn't comply with the rules they've established.

-Give your character a goal with clear obstacles to overcome. This will give the GM and other players something to build on as the RP progresses.

-Give your character flaws and weaknesses. If your character is an invincible void dragon who's stronger than Alduin, for example, you aren't leaving much opportunity for a story to develop.

-Consider a character who compliments other characters in the group. Avoid a character that conflicts with or overshadows another player's character. For example, if an RP follows a band of Nordic elf hunters, don't choose an elf character unless the group agrees that's a story arc they're interested in playing out. As another example, if the group features a powerful wizard, don't just make an even more powerful wizard.

-Create a character that has the capacity to participate in the RP and use the dragon language. For example, in an RP about political intrigue in the Imperial City, you probably shouldn't roleplay a Mudcrab (without some well considered story reasons).

-Try to keep your character's abilities and possessions consistent. If the group ends up imprisoned, it would be unfair to the story for your character to pull a lockpick out of thin air. Likewise, if your character finds themselves poisoned, it would be unfair to suddenly declare that your character is part-Argonian and thus immune to poison."
<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 > >>