Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Paarthurnax

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 > >>  

dovahnite
December 30, 2014

Eh, to me the Blades are just uninformed idiots, while the Thalmor are actually dangerous. I could probably put up with Delphine and Esbern following me around all day and complaining in my ear, but the Thalmor actually want to do the world domination thing and I don't really want to see that happen. Especially considering I rarely play as a High Elf.

by dovahnite
December 30, 2014

Eh, to me the Blades are just uninformed idiots, while the Thalmor are actually dangerous. I could probably put up with Delphine and Esbern following me around all day and complaining in my ear, but the Thalmor actually want to do the world domination thing and I don't really want to see that happen. Especially considering I rarely play as a High Elf.

DovahKiinZaan
December 30, 2014

I am an Argonian

by DovahKiinZaan
December 30, 2014

I am an Argonian

VolburGrohiik
January 5, 2015

My only regret at only having the PS3 version - my computer isn't capable of running the PC version and I currently can't afford to upgrade/replace it - is that I cannot use the many useful "fix this minor aggravation" type mods, like the one that allows to tell-off the Blades when they ask you to kill Paarthurnax, the ones that make non-guard NPCs and vendors flee rather than try to attack when vampires and dragons attack cities, and so on.

by VolburGrohiik
January 5, 2015

My only regret at only having the PS3 version - my computer isn't capable of running the PC version and I currently can't afford to upgrade/replace it - is that I cannot use the many useful "fix this minor aggravation" type mods, like the one that allows to tell-off the Blades when they ask you to kill Paarthurnax, the ones that make non-guard NPCs and vendors flee rather than try to attack when vampires and dragons attack cities, and so on.

Mirkrilaar
January 5, 2015
VolburGrohiik

Those are mostly the exact mods I want for mine. 

by Mirkrilaar
January 5, 2015
VolburGrohiik

Those are mostly the exact mods I want for mine. 

VolburGrohiik
January 5, 2015

But, to keep on-topic, as I realize I forgot to answer the opening-post's question...

No, I don't kill Paarthurnax. Should he someday fail in his efforts and again fall into his old ways and again become the evil that he once was, then he will be slain without second thought - but right now, he strives to distance himself from that, and is thus undeserving of such a fate.

by VolburGrohiik
January 5, 2015

But, to keep on-topic, as I realize I forgot to answer the opening-post's question...

No, I don't kill Paarthurnax. Should he someday fail in his efforts and again fall into his old ways and again become the evil that he once was, then he will be slain without second thought - but right now, he strives to distance himself from that, and is thus undeserving of such a fate.

Mirkrilaar
January 5, 2015
VolburGrohiik

Why I didnt think of such a thing, I'll never know. Until then, I'll ontinue to ask myself "Why?"

by Mirkrilaar
January 5, 2015
VolburGrohiik

Why I didnt think of such a thing, I'll never know. Until then, I'll ontinue to ask myself "Why?"

dovahnite
January 5, 2015

I don't recall ever gettting the chance to relay this to the Blades later, but I always wondered what they'd have to say about possibly one of the best quotes in the game:

What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? 

Eh, probably nothing much different than anything else they ever say about Paarthurnax . . .

by dovahnite
January 5, 2015

I don't recall ever gettting the chance to relay this to the Blades later, but I always wondered what they'd have to say about possibly one of the best quotes in the game:

What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? 

Eh, probably nothing much different than anything else they ever say about Paarthurnax . . .

Krinnin
January 9, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Late in the game you get the choice to become a blade and kill paarthurnax or never speak to Delphine again and let him live. What did you do?

I killed him, looked at his body and reloaded a previous save, I then stole the blades armour.

Simple: I let him live

Yes.. I killed him ;c.... I'm a bad nord.

by Krinnin
January 9, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Late in the game you get the choice to become a blade and kill paarthurnax or never speak to Delphine again and let him live. What did you do?

I killed him, looked at his body and reloaded a previous save, I then stole the blades armour.

Simple: I let him live

Yes.. I killed him ;c.... I'm a bad nord.

Mirkrilaar
January 9, 2015

We all feel the pain, zeymah. 

by Mirkrilaar
January 9, 2015

We all feel the pain, zeymah. 

BoDuSil
January 16, 2015
Lol I wonder what Paarthurnax will say to this
by BoDuSil
January 16, 2015
Lol I wonder what Paarthurnax will say to this

Mirkrilaar
January 16, 2015

I'm certain our Admin already knows of this!

by Mirkrilaar
January 16, 2015

I'm certain our Admin already knows of this!

dovahnite
January 16, 2015

Would be hard not to, it's one of the most active threads on the site.

by dovahnite
January 16, 2015

Would be hard not to, it's one of the most active threads on the site.

Mirkrilaar
January 16, 2015

Exactly. Plus, I kinda already told him about my situation anyways so I'm sure he understands all of ours.

by Mirkrilaar
January 16, 2015

Exactly. Plus, I kinda already told him about my situation anyways so I'm sure he understands all of ours.

wildstrike21
January 25, 2015

I really wanted to get the blades mission just so I could check the place out but the moment they asked me to kill Paar, I wanted nothing to do with them. I think I've restarted five times and every time I cannot even conjure the thought of killing the poor old Dragon. Finally got the mod that lets you tell off Del so I can at least  see the blade's place, if nothing else.

But just... Why, Bethesda? Why did you have to make the Blades such... mockeries of what they should actually stand for?

Then again... maybe that's the point. They wanted the players to realize that not everyone sticks to the ways that they take the name of. Like with the Dark Brotherhood. They had the name and the basic actions, but they never followed the tenants, which were the very fabric of the brotherhood. It wasn't until everything burned to the ground that they realized how important those were. You try to twist the foundation of the faction whose name you claim to fit your own idealogies and everything is going to crumble on your head.

Perhaps the same will happen to Del and the Blades. In the next Elder Scrolls, the Blades will be back to ruin and perhaps the descendants will learn from their predecessor's mistakes.

Idunno. :I Maybe I'm just overthinking this stuff.

by wildstrike21
January 25, 2015

I really wanted to get the blades mission just so I could check the place out but the moment they asked me to kill Paar, I wanted nothing to do with them. I think I've restarted five times and every time I cannot even conjure the thought of killing the poor old Dragon. Finally got the mod that lets you tell off Del so I can at least  see the blade's place, if nothing else.

But just... Why, Bethesda? Why did you have to make the Blades such... mockeries of what they should actually stand for?

Then again... maybe that's the point. They wanted the players to realize that not everyone sticks to the ways that they take the name of. Like with the Dark Brotherhood. They had the name and the basic actions, but they never followed the tenants, which were the very fabric of the brotherhood. It wasn't until everything burned to the ground that they realized how important those were. You try to twist the foundation of the faction whose name you claim to fit your own idealogies and everything is going to crumble on your head.

Perhaps the same will happen to Del and the Blades. In the next Elder Scrolls, the Blades will be back to ruin and perhaps the descendants will learn from their predecessor's mistakes.

Idunno. :I Maybe I'm just overthinking this stuff.

Mirkrilaar
January 25, 2015

I sure hope so. I wish I was a PC gamer so I could tell them off. I just can't believe I lowered myself to do it. I don't think I can ever forgive myself, no matter now much I try to repent.

by Mirkrilaar
January 25, 2015

I sure hope so. I wish I was a PC gamer so I could tell them off. I just can't believe I lowered myself to do it. I don't think I can ever forgive myself, no matter now much I try to repent.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.