Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon-Tongue flag?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

Ahmuldein
June 2, 2015

Yes. I agree entirely. Mix the scroll with the glowing blue behind the mountain! Its awesome

by Ahmuldein
June 2, 2015

Yes. I agree entirely. Mix the scroll with the glowing blue behind the mountain! Its awesome

Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@GoldGonian I agree about the blue glow on the word wall rune. As long as it matches the blue of the sky, I think that's the best one.

Also, I realize that gradients and glow has been discouraged due to the difficulty drawing it, but I think a sky blue outline on the rune would easily work for the hand-drawn version if need be, while leaving the digital version with glow on the rune.

by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@GoldGonian I agree about the blue glow on the word wall rune. As long as it matches the blue of the sky, I think that's the best one.

Also, I realize that gradients and glow has been discouraged due to the difficulty drawing it, but I think a sky blue outline on the rune would easily work for the hand-drawn version if need be, while leaving the digital version with glow on the rune.

Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@GoldGonian I think darkening the sky is a bad idea since the white and light blue give the impression of Skyrim's weather and scenery. The sky in Scandanavia is a lighter blue than the sky of Texas or Arizona, because it is closer to a planetary pole where more radiation from the sun infused in the sky. A darker sky could be anywhere, so I vote for keeping the light sky blue. Also, while an added Aurora Borealis would be both pretty and specific to the region, it would fall under the umbrella of gradient effects that cannot easily be drawn. (An easily drawn or reproduced flag is what we are going for, based on an earlier post by Paarthurnax).

by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@GoldGonian I think darkening the sky is a bad idea since the white and light blue give the impression of Skyrim's weather and scenery. The sky in Scandanavia is a lighter blue than the sky of Texas or Arizona, because it is closer to a planetary pole where more radiation from the sun infused in the sky. A darker sky could be anywhere, so I vote for keeping the light sky blue. Also, while an added Aurora Borealis would be both pretty and specific to the region, it would fall under the umbrella of gradient effects that cannot easily be drawn. (An easily drawn or reproduced flag is what we are going for, based on an earlier post by Paarthurnax).

Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@Foduiiz I think your flag and icon design with the diamond is a great alternative if another symbol cannot be agreed upon. Just wanted to add that in. I could really see this symbol on the spine of a book.

by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@Foduiiz I think your flag and icon design with the diamond is a great alternative if another symbol cannot be agreed upon. Just wanted to add that in. I could really see this symbol on the spine of a book.

Orkar Isber
June 2, 2015

I agree the combination with the "scroll" and the glow is great

by Orkar Isber
June 2, 2015

I agree the combination with the "scroll" and the glow is great

Grolahmul
June 2, 2015

@Maakrindah

If you want to match the weather, then make the glow darker, so the color of the light and the sky aren't exactly alike!

by Grolahmul
June 2, 2015

@Maakrindah

If you want to match the weather, then make the glow darker, so the color of the light and the sky aren't exactly alike!

Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@GoldGonian I see your point, but it would look really bad to put clashing colors on the flag. Also, because the glowing runes of the rotmulaagge in-game is a near-white electric blue , it closely matches the whitish sky blue. If we use the exact colors from in-game, it will clash because the colors are so close while being very different, (similar to how the dissonance of an out-of-tune instrument that plays in unison with in-tune/on-pitch instruments will make people cringe).

The most apparent solution (although not necessarily the 'best') would be to use the same color of blue for both the rune and the sky. Since an electric blue would be an inappropriate and misleading color for the sky, more reminiscent of an alien world than of Skyrim, it makes sense to match the colors using the color that will work for the sky. Hence, I believe a whitish sky blue is the optimal color for the flag's rune and sky.

by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015

@GoldGonian I see your point, but it would look really bad to put clashing colors on the flag. Also, because the glowing runes of the rotmulaagge in-game is a near-white electric blue , it closely matches the whitish sky blue. If we use the exact colors from in-game, it will clash because the colors are so close while being very different, (similar to how the dissonance of an out-of-tune instrument that plays in unison with in-tune/on-pitch instruments will make people cringe).

The most apparent solution (although not necessarily the 'best') would be to use the same color of blue for both the rune and the sky. Since an electric blue would be an inappropriate and misleading color for the sky, more reminiscent of an alien world than of Skyrim, it makes sense to match the colors using the color that will work for the sky. Hence, I believe a whitish sky blue is the optimal color for the flag's rune and sky.

Orkar Isber
June 3, 2015

or make the glow red orange like fire - paarthurnax burns the runes in stone for you so...

by Orkar Isber
June 3, 2015

or make the glow red orange like fire - paarthurnax burns the runes in stone for you so...

Grolahmul
June 3, 2015

That will work, too. Oh, and what I said about posting my idea today, never mind. I can not get GIMP to do what I want.

by Grolahmul
June 3, 2015

That will work, too. Oh, and what I said about posting my idea today, never mind. I can not get GIMP to do what I want.

Maakrindah
June 3, 2015

I'm not in favor of a red glow for the simple reason that the color red is not one of the Skyrim colors agreed upon earlier in the thread, which are black, silver, gray, sky blue and white. It also does not help that rotmulaagge do not glow red when seen on a word wall which is what the glow represents.

by Maakrindah
June 3, 2015

I'm not in favor of a red glow for the simple reason that the color red is not one of the Skyrim colors agreed upon earlier in the thread, which are black, silver, gray, sky blue and white. It also does not help that rotmulaagge do not glow red when seen on a word wall which is what the glow represents.

Grolahmul
June 3, 2015

Well, could you at least try for an araura around the mountain?

by Grolahmul
June 3, 2015

Well, could you at least try for an araura around the mountain?

Maakrindah
June 3, 2015

That actually sounds kinda cool. I'd be interested to see how that would work out of curiosity.

by Maakrindah
June 3, 2015

That actually sounds kinda cool. I'd be interested to see how that would work out of curiosity.

[deleted]
June 30, 2015

How about something similar to the Skyrim logo with Dovahzul in it somewhere.

by [deleted]
June 30, 2015

How about something similar to the Skyrim logo with Dovahzul in it somewhere.

Grolahmul
July 2, 2015

Maybe a word wall with Dovahzul on the top and bottom and the Skyrim logo in middle.

by Grolahmul
July 2, 2015

Maybe a word wall with Dovahzul on the top and bottom and the Skyrim logo in middle.

Grolahmul
July 2, 2015
NazzemLosDraafKlov
 Yes i agree completley! We could even go as far as making it the Thuum.org logo and if you really wanted we could make teashirts with the flag and on the back (or front) it could say Thuum.org, Or you could do something like "We live by the Dova" then under that say Thuum.org. That I think would be awsome it would also promote the website and hopefully could bring Thuum.org more fanbase and have a bigger and better community. paarthurnax

Neat idea! I agree with Kosenu that the flag should use the Skyrim colors, silver on black or silver on dark gray. If any color is used, I think the bright blue of a glowing word of power would be most fitting. This is actually a situation where I think using the official font would be best, if our goal is to make an "official" flag. Otherwise I'd like to see an alternative letter design that's more sharp and angular than round and curved. To be honest, the A rune is a bit arbitrary. I think D works just as well. In my head, my ideal flag is a silver D in a dark gray diamond. Something that would look good on a T-shirt or on the spine of a book. I'll see if I can put something together the next time I'm at the computer.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TprzneQ/new

Like this?

by Grolahmul
July 2, 2015
NazzemLosDraafKlov
 Yes i agree completley! We could even go as far as making it the Thuum.org logo and if you really wanted we could make teashirts with the flag and on the back (or front) it could say Thuum.org, Or you could do something like "We live by the Dova" then under that say Thuum.org. That I think would be awsome it would also promote the website and hopefully could bring Thuum.org more fanbase and have a bigger and better community. paarthurnax

Neat idea! I agree with Kosenu that the flag should use the Skyrim colors, silver on black or silver on dark gray. If any color is used, I think the bright blue of a glowing word of power would be most fitting. This is actually a situation where I think using the official font would be best, if our goal is to make an "official" flag. Otherwise I'd like to see an alternative letter design that's more sharp and angular than round and curved. To be honest, the A rune is a bit arbitrary. I think D works just as well. In my head, my ideal flag is a silver D in a dark gray diamond. Something that would look good on a T-shirt or on the spine of a book. I'll see if I can put something together the next time I'm at the computer.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TprzneQ/new

Like this?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.