by Sildoyol
September 18, 2017
Sildolok

Sildoyol

Soul of Fire

*cough cough* THAT'S NOT YOUR NAME SILDOLOK

Zinrahzul
September 18, 2017
Lol, I recently changed my name into Dovahzul. My real name means "Honoring God" so my Dovahzul name reflects that:

[Zinrahzul]
Zinrahzul
Honor God Voice
by Zinrahzul
September 18, 2017
Lol, I recently changed my name into Dovahzul. My real name means "Honoring God" so my Dovahzul name reflects that:

[Zinrahzul]

Zinrahzul

Honor God Voice

Hahdremro
September 22, 2017

Zu'u los aan nahgahdinok do daar tinvaak. Felt the need to update after changing my name. It holds more significance to me after thinking on it for a few weeks, and I'd like to share my thoughts.

[Hah Drem Ro]

Hah Drem Ro. Mind, Peace, Balance. I strive to find an inner calm despite my churning thoughts, so that I may see the world with more clarity. Each of the Rotmulaag of my name holds a deeper meaning because of their connotations.

[Hah] is a Word of Power, as opposed to hahdrim, a more common synonym used more for conversation. This Rotmulaag implies thought, understanding, and free will, qualities which I find valuable. (Also, Hah Drem is almost like a pun of "hahdrim," which I find mildly entertaining.)

[Drem] means more than simply the word for "peace." The connotation brings with it the idea of suppressing an inner turbulence of some sort, be it violence or eagerness. I often find myself getting too excited about something and have to stop and collect my thoughts, so this Rotmulaag is perfect for me.

[Ro] is balance and focus. A mind, no matter how bright, is often ineffective if it lacks focus. Balancing one's thoughts is an integral part of collecting oneself and striving onward. A peaceful and well balanced mind can overcome many challenges.

I actually meditated on this for hours (like some kinda nerd lol), usually for about half an hour or so while I'm about to fall asleep. By now, the phrase "Hah Drem Ro" has become something of a mantra for me, a mental trigger for inner tranquility. It's very helpful for me to think about this phrase when I'm in a stressful situation, because it calms me down for some reason. I blame the placebo effect, but still think it's pretty cool to have a mental bookmark for how to be chill.

by Hahdremro
September 22, 2017

Zu'u los aan nahgahdinok do daar tinvaak. Felt the need to update after changing my name. It holds more significance to me after thinking on it for a few weeks, and I'd like to share my thoughts.

[Hah Drem Ro]

Hah Drem Ro. Mind, Peace, Balance. I strive to find an inner calm despite my churning thoughts, so that I may see the world with more clarity. Each of the Rotmulaag of my name holds a deeper meaning because of their connotations.

[Hah] is a Word of Power, as opposed to hahdrim, a more common synonym used more for conversation. This Rotmulaag implies thought, understanding, and free will, qualities which I find valuable. (Also, Hah Drem is almost like a pun of "hahdrim," which I find mildly entertaining.)

[Drem] means more than simply the word for "peace." The connotation brings with it the idea of suppressing an inner turbulence of some sort, be it violence or eagerness. I often find myself getting too excited about something and have to stop and collect my thoughts, so this Rotmulaag is perfect for me.

[Ro] is balance and focus. A mind, no matter how bright, is often ineffective if it lacks focus. Balancing one's thoughts is an integral part of collecting oneself and striving onward. A peaceful and well balanced mind can overcome many challenges.

I actually meditated on this for hours (like some kinda nerd lol), usually for about half an hour or so while I'm about to fall asleep. By now, the phrase "Hah Drem Ro" has become something of a mantra for me, a mental trigger for inner tranquility. It's very helpful for me to think about this phrase when I'm in a stressful situation, because it calms me down for some reason. I blame the placebo effect, but still think it's pretty cool to have a mental bookmark for how to be chill.

Veyd Sahvoz
September 22, 2017

Although my dovahzul name holds no real meditative or inner meaning, let alone it not even being canon, but [Veyd Sahvoz] itself means:

[Veyd]->Veyd->Grim

[Sahvoz]->Sahvoz->Reaper

Thus put together it means Grim Reaper, which is the personfication of a favored character I created a long time ago. Although I have thought on for a long time what I would like to change my Dovahzul name to, and next point I get the opportunity it will be Veydiizdiil. 

[Veyd]->Veyd->Grim

[Iiz]->Iiz->Ice

[Diil]->Diil->Undead

Grim because well that's mostly what I'm known as by most on site and on other sites (yes I used the same username multiple times, I liked the sound of it) and quite frankly I am a rather "darking looking" person in appearance from my attire. Ice because I've always had a liking to winter and the cold, it reflects my personality in my opinion. Undead because, well, sometimes I feel like just that, undead, mainly because I always look like I haven't slept in days. I'm restless in a sense, that and I tend to have a cold that never goes away and so point is I appear as a walking zombie. 

by Veyd Sahvoz
September 22, 2017

Although my dovahzul name holds no real meditative or inner meaning, let alone it not even being canon, but [Veyd Sahvoz] itself means:

[Veyd]->Veyd->Grim

[Sahvoz]->Sahvoz->Reaper

Thus put together it means Grim Reaper, which is the personfication of a favored character I created a long time ago. Although I have thought on for a long time what I would like to change my Dovahzul name to, and next point I get the opportunity it will be Veydiizdiil. 

[Veyd]->Veyd->Grim

[Iiz]->Iiz->Ice

[Diil]->Diil->Undead

Grim because well that's mostly what I'm known as by most on site and on other sites (yes I used the same username multiple times, I liked the sound of it) and quite frankly I am a rather "darking looking" person in appearance from my attire. Ice because I've always had a liking to winter and the cold, it reflects my personality in my opinion. Undead because, well, sometimes I feel like just that, undead, mainly because I always look like I haven't slept in days. I'm restless in a sense, that and I tend to have a cold that never goes away and so point is I appear as a walking zombie. 

ZahkriiKren
October 6, 2017
Yolbahkron

ZahkriiKren: sword shatter. After every kill i break down my enimies weapons to get rid of evidence (fingerprints) and make new weapons.

by ZahkriiKren
October 6, 2017
Yolbahkron

ZahkriiKren: sword shatter. After every kill i break down my enimies weapons to get rid of evidence (fingerprints) and make new weapons.

Suleykvulsos
October 13, 2017

[suleykvulsos]

Suleykvulsos, which means "Power Dark Blood"

by Suleykvulsos
October 13, 2017

[suleykvulsos]

Suleykvulsos, which means "Power Dark Blood"

Vahdin Eroljan
October 13, 2017

Lo'Vonun Vahzen, meaning Lies hide truth. This one does not tell many what is true about her, so she will lie sometimes to protect those she cares for. The lies that hide her truths are the lies that protect her loves.

by Vahdin Eroljan
October 13, 2017

Lo'Vonun Vahzen, meaning Lies hide truth. This one does not tell many what is true about her, so she will lie sometimes to protect those she cares for. The lies that hide her truths are the lies that protect her loves.

Hahdremro
October 13, 2017
Lo Vonun Vahzen

Poetic! I had assumed that the "hide" meant to hide physically (I swear I'm not racist toward Khajiit), but it hadn't occurred to me that it could mean to hide the truth. I like it!

by Hahdremro
October 13, 2017
Lo Vonun Vahzen

Poetic! I had assumed that the "hide" meant to hide physically (I swear I'm not racist toward Khajiit), but it hadn't occurred to me that it could mean to hide the truth. I like it!

Sahqonvokun
October 26, 2017

Sahqonvokun - Cromson Shadow

literally a 'close enough' translation of my ususal online name 'Krimson Shadow'

a more accurate name for me would be something along the lines of Vokunyahmindoraan. shadow seeker understanding or in a more flowy (i think that's the right word for it) version, shadowy seeker of understanding. but hey, i'm alost always known as Krimson Shadow so Sahqonvokun my name shall remain

by Sahqonvokun
October 26, 2017

Sahqonvokun - Cromson Shadow

literally a 'close enough' translation of my ususal online name 'Krimson Shadow'

a more accurate name for me would be something along the lines of Vokunyahmindoraan. shadow seeker understanding or in a more flowy (i think that's the right word for it) version, shadowy seeker of understanding. but hey, i'm alost always known as Krimson Shadow so Sahqonvokun my name shall remain

Hahdremro
October 26, 2017
Sahqonvokun

"Shadowy seeker of understanding" could possibly be translated to Yahvulhah (lit. "Seek dark mind) which is entirely composed of Rotmulaag and actually sounds pretty cool in my opinion. Just my two cents on the matter! Four-syllable names always felt a tad cumbersome to me, but after regularly dealing with dozens of six- and seven-syllable names in my IRL job, I'm more or less used to it by now.

by Hahdremro
October 26, 2017
Sahqonvokun

"Shadowy seeker of understanding" could possibly be translated to Yahvulhah (lit. "Seek dark mind) which is entirely composed of Rotmulaag and actually sounds pretty cool in my opinion. Just my two cents on the matter! Four-syllable names always felt a tad cumbersome to me, but after regularly dealing with dozens of six- and seven-syllable names in my IRL job, I'm more or less used to it by now.

Sahqonvokun
October 26, 2017
Hahdremro

never thought if it that way, although i don't seek dark thought's/minds, i just hoard knowledge/books.

by Sahqonvokun
October 26, 2017
Hahdremro

never thought if it that way, although i don't seek dark thought's/minds, i just hoard knowledge/books.

Yoldrun
November 17, 2017

My name is "fire bringer", given to me by my friend because I overuse everything related to fire! I swear i'm not a pyromaniac 

by Yoldrun
November 17, 2017

My name is "fire bringer", given to me by my friend because I overuse everything related to fire! I swear i'm not a pyromaniac 

ntoskrnl
November 20, 2017

"ntoskrnl" is definitely not a dragon name but it is a thing in the computing world!

In Windows, in the C:\Windows\system32 folder holds a file "ntoskrnl.exe". This file holds the Windows kernel, which is what makes Windows run and makes it an operating system. It basically manages the entire system, schedules processes to run, interacts with hardware, and much more. Since the kernel is getting a bit technical and I'm a very tech-oriented person, I knew it was basically a perfect name for me.

There's even a wikipedia article about ntoskrnl.exe! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exe

Ironically, although this is Windows-specific, I've almost completely switched over to using Linux for just about everything except a few things (and playing Skyrim, of course!).

I am working on a dragon name for myself to use on here (and maybe elsewhere if I like it) but the small vocabulary of the language is making it a bit hard.

by ntoskrnl
November 20, 2017

"ntoskrnl" is definitely not a dragon name but it is a thing in the computing world!

In Windows, in the C:\Windows\system32 folder holds a file "ntoskrnl.exe". This file holds the Windows kernel, which is what makes Windows run and makes it an operating system. It basically manages the entire system, schedules processes to run, interacts with hardware, and much more. Since the kernel is getting a bit technical and I'm a very tech-oriented person, I knew it was basically a perfect name for me.

There's even a wikipedia article about ntoskrnl.exe! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exe

Ironically, although this is Windows-specific, I've almost completely switched over to using Linux for just about everything except a few things (and playing Skyrim, of course!).

I am working on a dragon name for myself to use on here (and maybe elsewhere if I like it) but the small vocabulary of the language is making it a bit hard.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.