Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 14, 2015
Liis

If it's supposed to be Have as in "I have a gun" then it's using the wrong form. Lost is a synonym to Was. Whenever I mean "I have a gun", I translate it from "I Own a gun" Own being Laav.

That's a great point. If the distinction between canon and non-canon makes a difference, piraak would be the canon option. So either kolaav or kopiraak.

by paarthurnax
March 14, 2015
Liis

If it's supposed to be Have as in "I have a gun" then it's using the wrong form. Lost is a synonym to Was. Whenever I mean "I have a gun", I translate it from "I Own a gun" Own being Laav.

That's a great point. If the distinction between canon and non-canon makes a difference, piraak would be the canon option. So either kolaav or kopiraak.

Liis
Administrator
March 14, 2015

Kolaav sounds more like Hold to me. What do you think?

by Liis
March 14, 2015

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 14, 2015
Liis

Sounds good to me, though perhaps a bit too close to koraav for comfort (especially if the "r" is flapped or rolled).

by paarthurnax
March 14, 2015
Liis

Sounds good to me, though perhaps a bit too close to koraav for comfort (especially if the "r" is flapped or rolled).

Liis
Administrator
March 14, 2015

True, but a lot of words are really close like that if I remember correctly. Like piraak and piraakt.

by Liis
March 14, 2015

True, but a lot of words are really close like that if I remember correctly. Like piraak and piraakt.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2015

Doj

This word has existed for a long time, but I think it should be changed. "J" should only be used at the beginning of syllables, as in "Jun" and "Joor." This could be fixed by extending "Doj" to something like "Dojaak" or "Dojaat". It could be something different also, something as something from "Mindok".

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2015

Doj

This word has existed for a long time, but I think it should be changed. "J" should only be used at the beginning of syllables, as in "Jun" and "Joor." This could be fixed by extending "Doj" to something like "Dojaak" or "Dojaat". It could be something different also, something as something from "Mindok".

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2015

Kahl

Looking through old words is like looking back at embarrassing pictures. This should be changed to avoid complications with "Kaal."

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2015

Kahl

Looking through old words is like looking back at embarrassing pictures. This should be changed to avoid complications with "Kaal."

Liis
Administrator
March 18, 2015

@paarthurnax Uthaat for Authority. From Uth.

by Liis
March 18, 2015

@paarthurnax Uthaat for Authority. From Uth.

Noexecute17
March 19, 2015

Fiizkei

Made a little mistake for the french translation. "Blessant" would be more convenient here. My apologies. I hesitated for a while.

by Noexecute17
March 19, 2015

Fiizkei

Made a little mistake for the french translation. "Blessant" would be more convenient here. My apologies. I hesitated for a while.

Mirkrilaar
March 19, 2015

Midrot

Should this be deleted for "Midun" instead? The Word notes make me think its a compound word.

by Mirkrilaar
March 19, 2015

Midrot

Should this be deleted for "Midun" instead? The Word notes make me think its a compound word.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 19, 2015

@Fiizkei, you can edit the translation by clicking "Add Translation" and typing in a new one.

@Midrot, both of these are canon.

by paarthurnax
March 19, 2015

@Fiizkei, you can edit the translation by clicking "Add Translation" and typing in a new one.

@Midrot, both of these are canon.

Noexecute17
March 19, 2015

Thanks Paarthurnax! ^^

by Noexecute17
March 19, 2015

Thanks Paarthurnax! ^^

Liis
Administrator
March 20, 2015

Vaalt

Too close to Vahlt

by Liis
March 20, 2015

Vaalt

Too close to Vahlt

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 20, 2015
Liis

Vaalt

Too close to Vahlt

I changed vahlt since ah shouldn't be used in that way. Vahlt and viilt are now vahlut and viilut.

by paarthurnax
March 20, 2015
Liis

Vaalt

Too close to Vahlt

I changed vahlt since ah shouldn't be used in that way. Vahlt and viilt are now vahlut and viilut.

Liis
Administrator
March 24, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Liis
March 24, 2015

Rahvaatzul
March 27, 2015

by Rahvaatzul
March 27, 2015

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.