A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

stormcloaks or imperials?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9 > >>  

Duryoljot
January 22, 2016
paarthurnax

It's obviously a difficult choice, and there's no right or wrong answer.  Part of me feels Skyrim should rule itself, but that the Stormcloaks aren't the right way to go about doing that, considering their racism (particularly against the Dunmer, who don't have a home to go back to).  I think the Stormcloaks forget that the Empire isn't the enemy, but the Thalmor, and the Empire has no love for them either.  A unified Empire may be the only thing that could keep the Thalmor at bay if a second Great War occurred, which I don't think it will with all the provinces in rebellion or disarray.

Eat fodder, doubters. The Big Man agrees that the Stormcloaks are racist. The other races could certainly provide help in the war, but they won't let them. Ignorant morons.

by Duryoljot
January 22, 2016
paarthurnax

It's obviously a difficult choice, and there's no right or wrong answer.  Part of me feels Skyrim should rule itself, but that the Stormcloaks aren't the right way to go about doing that, considering their racism (particularly against the Dunmer, who don't have a home to go back to).  I think the Stormcloaks forget that the Empire isn't the enemy, but the Thalmor, and the Empire has no love for them either.  A unified Empire may be the only thing that could keep the Thalmor at bay if a second Great War occurred, which I don't think it will with all the provinces in rebellion or disarray.

Eat fodder, doubters. The Big Man agrees that the Stormcloaks are racist. The other races could certainly provide help in the war, but they won't let them. Ignorant morons.

Duryoljot
January 22, 2016

Sorry if that was a bit harsh, but I'm tired of people seeing the Stormcloaks as noble. A quality not a single one of them knows, and yet all of them want it or think they have it.

What does that say about them?

And what do you think the world would be like with a province controlled by them? The Ancient Nords fell to the same fate, I don't want to see the citizens of Skyrim taking their punsihments.

by Duryoljot
January 22, 2016

Sorry if that was a bit harsh, but I'm tired of people seeing the Stormcloaks as noble. A quality not a single one of them knows, and yet all of them want it or think they have it.

And what do you think the world would be like with a province controlled by them? The Ancient Nords fell to the same fate, I don't want to see the citizens of Skyrim taking their punsihments.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 22, 2016
Yolos Vith

I think that's a rather unfair assessment to say that all Stormcloaks are prejudiced. There are many among them, such as Ralof, who are genuinely concerned with the wellbeing of their fellow countrymen. There are good people to be found under either banner.

by paarthurnax
January 22, 2016
Yolos Vith

I think that's a rather unfair assessment to say that all Stormcloaks are prejudiced. There are many among them, such as Ralof, who are genuinely concerned with the wellbeing of their fellow countrymen. There are good people to be found under either banner.

Duryoljot
January 22, 2016

True, but they cannot alone repair the image to me. 

Maybe I'm just too biased of Anonymous and they remind me of them. I really should take a breather, I'm kind of under assault.

Either way I believe that while what you say is true, the Stormcloaks need some fixer uppers.

Ulfric buh bye, hello to... well, honestly I still think the Orcs or Redguards could do the rebdllion against the Elves some good.

by Duryoljot
January 22, 2016

True, but they cannot alone repair the image to me. 

Maybe I'm just too biased of Anonymous and they remind me of them. I really should take a breather, I'm kind of under assault.

Either way I believe that while what you say is true, the Stormcloaks need some fixer uppers.

Ulfric buh bye, hello to... well, honestly I still think the Orcs or Redguards could do the rebdllion against the Elves some good.

yolviingdinok
January 22, 2016
paarthurnax

A unified Empire may be the only thing that could keep the Thalmor at bay if a second Great War occurred, which I don't think it will with all the provinces in rebellion or disarray.

if they lost the first war, the will lose the second

by yolviingdinok
January 22, 2016
paarthurnax

A unified Empire may be the only thing that could keep the Thalmor at bay if a second Great War occurred, which I don't think it will with all the provinces in rebellion or disarray.

if they lost the first war, the will lose the second

volzah zol
January 22, 2016

See I don't think the Nords are inherently racist. I see this as a product of oppression and fear. The funny thing is, I hear a LOT of people say this about the nords being racist, but never mention that this whole war is based on the racial dominance of the elves. When the Nords first came to Skyrim, they didn't jump straight into racial cleansing, their hand was forced by the snow elves who attacked them first. And the AD continuing their march for racial supremacy, this only adds to the Nords fear and suspicion of the Mer.

by volzah zol
January 22, 2016

See I don't think the Nords are inherently racist. I see this as a product of oppression and fear. The funny thing is, I hear a LOT of people say this about the nords being racist, but never mention that this whole war is based on the racial dominance of the elves. When the Nords first came to Skyrim, they didn't jump straight into racial cleansing, their hand was forced by the snow elves who attacked them first. And the AD continuing their march for racial supremacy, this only adds to the Nords fear and suspicion of the Mer.

Malice Mace
January 22, 2016

I avoid the civil war questline. I don't fully agree or disagree with either side, but I think the war is more about the ego's of Ulfric and Titus Mede II. There is no 'Empire' left any more. It's barely Cyrodiil and High Rock, with the Aldmeri Dominion in near complete control. The idea that if Mede could quell the rebellion, they could then stand together with Skyrim against the Aldmeri Dominion is laughable since they tried that already and the result was the White Gold Concordat. The Empire IS the Aldmeri Dominion now. No matter where you look in the Imperial ranks, there's a Thalmor agent standing right next to them. And Ulfric is no better. He's not driven by a deep need for civil or religious freedom, but rather driven by hate and his desire to be in power. He murdered a High King that actually supported him. And when you look at the people he appoints as Jarl, people like Maven Black-Briar, this is a good indication he's not altogether on the up and up himself. 

Safe to say, there are no good guys in this fight. Just bad guys fighting more guys at the common people's expense. Kind of like in real life.

by Malice Mace
January 22, 2016

I avoid the civil war questline. I don't fully agree or disagree with either side, but I think the war is more about the ego's of Ulfric and Titus Mede II. There is no 'Empire' left any more. It's barely Cyrodiil and High Rock, with the Aldmeri Dominion in near complete control. The idea that if Mede could quell the rebellion, they could then stand together with Skyrim against the Aldmeri Dominion is laughable since they tried that already and the result was the White Gold Concordat. The Empire IS the Aldmeri Dominion now. No matter where you look in the Imperial ranks, there's a Thalmor agent standing right next to them. And Ulfric is no better. He's not driven by a deep need for civil or religious freedom, but rather driven by hate and his desire to be in power. He murdered a High King that actually supported him. And when you look at the people he appoints as Jarl, people like Maven Black-Briar, this is a good indication he's not altogether on the up and up himself. 

Safe to say, there are no good guys in this fight. Just bad guys fighting more guys at the common people's expense. Kind of like in real life.

Duryoljot
January 25, 2016

Agreed. I think it's time for the Akavir to reclaim their land in blood and fire.

by Duryoljot
January 25, 2016

Agreed. I think it's time for the Akavir to reclaim their land in blood and fire.

Malice Mace
January 25, 2016

Or just let Alduin do what he was created to do. Maybe the next world will be better? 

by Malice Mace
January 25, 2016

Or just let Alduin do what he was created to do. Maybe the next world will be better? 

Duryoljot
January 25, 2016

It won't. The next one cannot be blocked from the Daedra, total war over Mundus's replacement will ensue. And the Aedra will be kind of stuck. Or even destroyed. Yeah, an ultimatum is inevitable.

by Duryoljot
January 25, 2016

It won't. The next one cannot be blocked from the Daedra, total war over Mundus's replacement will ensue. And the Aedra will be kind of stuck. Or even destroyed. Yeah, an ultimatum is inevitable.

volzah zol
January 25, 2016

It seems to be the nature of every living thing on Nirn to fight for power and control. I don't think if Alduin had fulfilled his destiny that the next world world be any different that way. Maybe different life forms, but still the inherent stuggle for power. 

by volzah zol
January 25, 2016

It seems to be the nature of every living thing on Nirn to fight for power and control. I don't think if Alduin had fulfilled his destiny that the next world world be any different that way. Maybe different life forms, but still the inherent stuggle for power. 

MiimWoon
January 26, 2016

Stormcloaks are racist and I hate Elves, easy decision.

by MiimWoon
January 26, 2016

Stormcloaks are racist and I hate Elves, easy decision.

GodofGames2468
January 26, 2016
Spyro

take note that the legion and the empire takes chances to screw over the dominion sometimes. Ulfric dosn't care for anything but nords, poverty, bandits atack anything that isn't nord, inisents are killed and or mistreated by Ulfric and or his soldires, dishonerable, shall I go on? I am sorry to say this, but that is to many of my morals broken. The empire my break my beleaf of free religion, but that is mostly because of the dominion. I respeact your beleaf, but don't stomp on mine, you do this to me again, and all restraints shall be removed, and I shall return your ammunition against you twice as powerfull. RESPECT, is what founds many things, including understanding.

I dont take kindly to threats

the empire will kill anyone without trial and allow the Aldmeri Dominion torture Imperial civilians without the Empires approval. The Empire is nothing more than a puppet of the Thalmor. the emperor gave in to the thalmor to keep his throne which is now powerless. u know, the Empire would've won if they kept fighting because theres a book in Skyrim that says the dominion would've surrendered if the fighting kept going because they were low on money, their peoples views of the war were negative, and there armies were very tired

by GodofGames2468
January 26, 2016
Spyro

take note that the legion and the empire takes chances to screw over the dominion sometimes. Ulfric dosn't care for anything but nords, poverty, bandits atack anything that isn't nord, inisents are killed and or mistreated by Ulfric and or his soldires, dishonerable, shall I go on? I am sorry to say this, but that is to many of my morals broken. The empire my break my beleaf of free religion, but that is mostly because of the dominion. I respeact your beleaf, but don't stomp on mine, you do this to me again, and all restraints shall be removed, and I shall return your ammunition against you twice as powerfull. RESPECT, is what founds many things, including understanding.

I dont take kindly to threats

the empire will kill anyone without trial and allow the Aldmeri Dominion torture Imperial civilians without the Empires approval. The Empire is nothing more than a puppet of the Thalmor. the emperor gave in to the thalmor to keep his throne which is now powerless. u know, the Empire would've won if they kept fighting because theres a book in Skyrim that says the dominion would've surrendered if the fighting kept going because they were low on money, their peoples views of the war were negative, and there armies were very tired

GodofGames2468
January 26, 2016
Malice Mace

Maven Black-Briar is against Ulfric. shes with the Empire and the Thalmor. Ive once thought Ulfric was in it for himself. but I did a LOT of studying and it turns out, hes not all about himself. he really cares about other Nords and his country and is right that Skyrim needs independence. plus, he knows how powerful the dominion is and now, he has a vast army of the greatest warriors in Tamriel: Nords. Ulfric has a chance at defeating the dominion when they invade. problem is with him, hes racist which he needs to work on

by GodofGames2468
January 26, 2016
Malice Mace

Maven Black-Briar is against Ulfric. shes with the Empire and the Thalmor. Ive once thought Ulfric was in it for himself. but I did a LOT of studying and it turns out, hes not all about himself. he really cares about other Nords and his country and is right that Skyrim needs independence. plus, he knows how powerful the dominion is and now, he has a vast army of the greatest warriors in Tamriel: Nords. Ulfric has a chance at defeating the dominion when they invade. problem is with him, hes racist which he needs to work on

volzah zol
January 26, 2016

GodofGames is correct. If you side with the Empire, that's when Maven replaces Laila Law Giver as jarl as jarl of Riften. 

by volzah zol
January 26, 2016

GodofGames is correct. If you side with the Empire, that's when Maven replaces Laila Law Giver as jarl as jarl of Riften. 

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.