A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  27  28  29  30 > >>  

Drakpa
January 7, 2014

Ah, finally found this thread.

So, hello everybody, I'm Karma Drak-pa, or Drak-pa, in short. Zo'o los pruustiik (this is the only sentence I currently know in Dovahzul), and I'm also part of VoxWave (which isn't a company yet, but it will be really soon).

I actually dicovered Skyrim (and at the same time TES) during August 2013 (pretty late, uh?) during a trip in England. This beautiful box of the legendary edition was in front of me, two times cheaper than the regular edition in France (yes, I'm French, and I'll be faster than you: "omelette du fromage"), and two of my friends told be I just HAD to buy it. That's what I did, but I waited one month to finally try it (I had a lot of things to do first and I hadn't any free time).
I wouldn't say that TES, and especially Skyrim became a passion for me, but the reason of my interest in Dovahzul is my general passion for languages; I'm an english student, but I'm also learning on my own Japanese and Tibetan (yes, Tibetan, "drak-pa" is a tibetan word and name), and I may learn Swedish in one or two years (because I may go there for my studies). I'm not yet used to Dovahzul since I only began to learn it... erm... today? Yeah, today.
I also have some skills in linguistic, so, I think I will be more active in the "Dragon Language Discussion" part of this forum~

My passion for languages comes also with a passion of phonetic, even if I'm not yet used to IPA, I prefer X-SAMPA (an equivalent of IPA).
Why X-SAMPA instead of IPA? First, it is A LOT more convenient to use when you're writting on your computer (it only uses characters on your keyboard), but it is also the phonetic used by my main passion: VOCALOID.

I won't talk a lot about it since it isn't really the place for it, but in short, VOCALOID represents three phenomenon: the software itself, which is a powerful (and now, with VOCALOID3, which supports English, Japanese, Corean, Spanish, Chinese, and soon, French) and realistic singing voice synthesis tool (which almost work like any other virtual instrument, but only in standalone, enven if we can ReWire it), VOCALOID is also the musical comunity built on this software, and it finally is also the etire community of musicians, drawers, painters, writters, etc. And this passion comes with UTAU, which is the free equivalent of VOCALOID.

by Drakpa
January 7, 2014

Ah, finally found this thread.

So, hello everybody, I'm Karma Drak-pa, or Drak-pa, in short. Zo'o los pruustiik (this is the only sentence I currently know in Dovahzul), and I'm also part of VoxWave (which isn't a company yet, but it will be really soon).

I actually dicovered Skyrim (and at the same time TES) during August 2013 (pretty late, uh?) during a trip in England. This beautiful box of the legendary edition was in front of me, two times cheaper than the regular edition in France (yes, I'm French, and I'll be faster than you: "omelette du fromage"), and two of my friends told be I just HAD to buy it. That's what I did, but I waited one month to finally try it (I had a lot of things to do first and I hadn't any free time).
I wouldn't say that TES, and especially Skyrim became a passion for me, but the reason of my interest in Dovahzul is my general passion for languages; I'm an english student, but I'm also learning on my own Japanese and Tibetan (yes, Tibetan, "drak-pa" is a tibetan word and name), and I may learn Swedish in one or two years (because I may go there for my studies). I'm not yet used to Dovahzul since I only began to learn it... erm... today? Yeah, today.
I also have some skills in linguistic, so, I think I will be more active in the "Dragon Language Discussion" part of this forum~

My passion for languages comes also with a passion of phonetic, even if I'm not yet used to IPA, I prefer X-SAMPA (an equivalent of IPA).
Why X-SAMPA instead of IPA? First, it is A LOT more convenient to use when you're writting on your computer (it only uses characters on your keyboard), but it is also the phonetic used by my main passion: VOCALOID.

I won't talk a lot about it since it isn't really the place for it, but in short, VOCALOID represents three phenomenon: the software itself, which is a powerful (and now, with VOCALOID3, which supports English, Japanese, Corean, Spanish, Chinese, and soon, French) and realistic singing voice synthesis tool (which almost work like any other virtual instrument, but only in standalone, enven if we can ReWire it), VOCALOID is also the musical comunity built on this software, and it finally is also the etire community of musicians, drawers, painters, writters, etc. And this passion comes with UTAU, which is the free equivalent of VOCALOID.

Styorngolkiir
January 12, 2014

DREM YOL LOK.
I am using the name
STYORNGOLK3R
on this website (which is my real name translated into
DOV4ZUL
). The reason why I want to learn the dragon language because*:

1.I've always wanted to learn a constructed language, but I never found one that was interesting and I could relate to

2.The lore behind it in TES was amazing 

3. Killing paarthurnax was the most upsetting for me in Skyrim.  Not only did I have to kill off one of my favorite characters because some woman forced me to, but also, I was able to do it without even touching him (a story for another time)!

Right now, I'm learning

DOV4ZUL
on Memrise.  I hope I can get well involved in the Thu'um community, and if anyone needs anything, my email is+: [email protected]

*Yes, I copied most of this from my bio

+I created this email just for this website and it is not affiliated with any of my other internet personas.  I am perposfully sharing it, and I am well aware about the responsibilities that come with it.

by Styorngolkiir
January 12, 2014

DREM YOL LOK.
I am using the name
STYORNGOLK3R
on this website (which is my real name translated into
DOV4ZUL
). The reason why I want to learn the dragon language because*:

1.I've always wanted to learn a constructed language, but I never found one that was interesting and I could relate to

2.The lore behind it in TES was amazing 

3. Killing paarthurnax was the most upsetting for me in Skyrim.  Not only did I have to kill off one of my favorite characters because some woman forced me to, but also, I was able to do it without even touching him (a story for another time)!

Right now, I'm learning

DOV4ZUL
on Memrise.  I hope I can get well involved in the Thu'um community, and if anyone needs anything, my email is+: [email protected]

*Yes, I copied most of this from my bio

+I created this email just for this website and it is not affiliated with any of my other internet personas.  I am perposfully sharing it, and I am well aware about the responsibilities that come with it.

Styorngolkiir
January 12, 2014

sorry, I ment for it to be "styorngolkiir" but the ii was replaced with a 3 for some reason.

by Styorngolkiir
January 12, 2014

sorry, I ment for it to be "styorngolkiir" but the ii was replaced with a 3 for some reason.

Kalevra Fallstar
January 14, 2014

Wow, I signed up for this a long time ago, and then dropped of the map. I have recently revitalized my desire to fully learn Dovazul, and figured this was the best place to do it. So Hi, I am Kalevra ( or Bryan :D) and am ready to jump right in again. Nice to meet all of you!

Also I am having some trouble changing my profile pic, so any help would be appreciated :D

by Kalevra Fallstar
January 14, 2014

Wow, I signed up for this a long time ago, and then dropped of the map. I have recently revitalized my desire to fully learn Dovazul, and figured this was the best place to do it. So Hi, I am Kalevra ( or Bryan :D) and am ready to jump right in again. Nice to meet all of you!

Also I am having some trouble changing my profile pic, so any help would be appreciated :D

Sosurikrath
January 17, 2014

Drem yol lok! I am Sosurikrath, which is a mild attempt to convert my family name into a dragon name (shouldve gone with clan or something instead of blood I think, but it's too late now!) I am a newbie to the Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim being the first one I have ever played and really first I'd even heard of at the start of this journey. I have fallen in love with the lore over time and who doesnt get chills every time a dragon spoke in the game? As such, I have ended up here and absolutely love what you've got started here!

by Sosurikrath
January 17, 2014

Drem yol lok! I am Sosurikrath, which is a mild attempt to convert my family name into a dragon name (shouldve gone with clan or something instead of blood I think, but it's too late now!) I am a newbie to the Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim being the first one I have ever played and really first I'd even heard of at the start of this journey. I have fallen in love with the lore over time and who doesnt get chills every time a dragon spoke in the game? As such, I have ended up here and absolutely love what you've got started here!

Kyrnriev Blackbriar
January 19, 2014

DREM YOL LOK

My name is Kyrnriev Blackbriar. As a characer Kyrnriev is distantly realted to the Riften Blackbriars, but not nearly influential or affluential enough to gain the attention of Maeven; my real name is Dän (like "Dan", but since I live in Germany I usually add the Umlaut. ;) )

I have been a great fan of The Elder Scrolls ever since the release of Morrowind. My main reason for joining is to expand my knowledge of Dovahzul, especially for my Live Action Role Playing Character, who is a scolar of the Dragon language of Skyrim.

I look forward to interacting with you all and contributing to the ever expanding dictionary of the Dragon Tongue. :)

by Kyrnriev Blackbriar
January 19, 2014

DREM YOL LOK

My name is Kyrnriev Blackbriar. As a characer Kyrnriev is distantly realted to the Riften Blackbriars, but not nearly influential or affluential enough to gain the attention of Maeven; my real name is Dän (like "Dan", but since I live in Germany I usually add the Umlaut. ;) )

I have been a great fan of The Elder Scrolls ever since the release of Morrowind. My main reason for joining is to expand my knowledge of Dovahzul, especially for my Live Action Role Playing Character, who is a scolar of the Dragon language of Skyrim.

I look forward to interacting with you all and contributing to the ever expanding dictionary of the Dragon Tongue. :)

hiith
February 4, 2014

drem yol lok

I am hiith (which I chose to be my dovahzul name, from "Heath," my real name). I am currently overseeing the construction of the non-canonical Memrise course. I am learning Dovahzul, I'm I've progressed much in my knowledge of it. I do what I can to contribute, and that seems to be quite a bit, so I'm rather busy.

Anyways, that's me.

╭━━━┳━━━┳╮╱╭┳━━━━┳━━━┳╮╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┣━━╮━┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃
┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃┃╱┃┃╱╭╯╭┫┃╱┃┃╰━╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮╭┫┃╱┃┃╭╯╭╯┃╰━╯┃╭━╮┃
┃┃╱╱┃┃┃╰┫╰━╯┣╯━╰━┫╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃
╰╯╱╱╰╯╰━┻━━━┻━━━━┻╯╱╰┻╯╱╰╯
╭╮╭━┳╮╱╭┳━━━┳╮╱╱╭━━━┳╮╱╭┳╮╱╭┳━━━╮
┃┃┃╭┫┃╱┃┃╭━╮┃┃╱╱┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃┃╱┃┃╭━━╯
┃╰╯╯┃┃╱┃┃╰━╯┃┃╱╱┃┃╱┃┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃╰━━╮
┃╭╮┃┃┃╱┃┃╭╮╭┫┃╱╭┫╰━╯┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━━╯
┃┃┃╰┫╰━╯┃┃┃╰┫╰━╯┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃┃╱┃┃╰━━╮
╰╯╰━┻━━━┻╯╰━┻━━━┻╯╱╰┻╯╱╰┻╯╱╰┻━━━╯

by hiith
February 4, 2014

drem yol lok

I am hiith (which I chose to be my dovahzul name, from "Heath," my real name). I am currently overseeing the construction of the non-canonical Memrise course. I am learning Dovahzul, I'm I've progressed much in my knowledge of it. I do what I can to contribute, and that seems to be quite a bit, so I'm rather busy.

Anyways, that's me.

╭━━━┳━━━┳╮╱╭┳━━━━┳━━━┳╮╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┣━━╮━┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃
┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃┃╱┃┃╱╭╯╭┫┃╱┃┃╰━╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮╭┫┃╱┃┃╭╯╭╯┃╰━╯┃╭━╮┃
┃┃╱╱┃┃┃╰┫╰━╯┣╯━╰━┫╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃
╰╯╱╱╰╯╰━┻━━━┻━━━━┻╯╱╰┻╯╱╰╯
╭╮╭━┳╮╱╭┳━━━┳╮╱╱╭━━━┳╮╱╭┳╮╱╭┳━━━╮
┃┃┃╭┫┃╱┃┃╭━╮┃┃╱╱┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃┃╱┃┃╭━━╯
┃╰╯╯┃┃╱┃┃╰━╯┃┃╱╱┃┃╱┃┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃╰━━╮
┃╭╮┃┃┃╱┃┃╭╮╭┫┃╱╭┫╰━╯┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━━╯
┃┃┃╰┫╰━╯┃┃┃╰┫╰━╯┃╭━╮┃┃╱┃┃┃╱┃┃╰━━╮
╰╯╰━┻━━━┻╯╰━┻━━━┻╯╱╰┻╯╱╰┻╯╱╰┻━━━╯

Mahlaansaviik
February 5, 2014

Hey everyone, I am Mahlaansaviik. I kind of wish I could change my name to resemble an actual dragon name though (maybe change it to something like pruzdovrah). I am 18, I only have a few words memorized, and I only know a few grammar rules and such.  I will probably become more serious about learning dovahzul during the summer when I'll have a break from my university classes. It would be badass if schools actually taught it as a course though. 

by Mahlaansaviik
February 5, 2014

Hey everyone, I am Mahlaansaviik. I kind of wish I could change my name to resemble an actual dragon name though (maybe change it to something like pruzdovrah). I am 18, I only have a few words memorized, and I only know a few grammar rules and such.  I will probably become more serious about learning dovahzul during the summer when I'll have a break from my university classes. It would be badass if schools actually taught it as a course though. 

Sandpiper
February 8, 2014

Hello everyone, I just joined today so I thought I might as well write an introduction. xD Online I commonly go as Sandpiper, short for The Solitary Sandpiper, because I'm an avid birder and also a hermit ha. :P

Anyway, I'm currently studying psychology with minors in computer science and linguistics with the intention of going on to study either computational linguistics or psycholinguistics at the doctorate level. I founded my university's linguistics club and I've presented original research on neurolinguistic processing at a major psychology conference, which is what really convinced me I wanted to get my PhD in linguistics. I'm fluent, by the linguistic definition, in a number of languages including Latin, Spanish, Mandarin, Koine Greek, Korean, Japanese, Esperanto, Finnish, and Indonesian. My favorite languages are agglutinative with lots of allophony and featural orthographies. x) I've been creating conlangs for over 10 years now, and in my spare time I like researching other conlangs which have become popular through books, TV, or video games. I'm also a programmer and I've written a few programs designed to help conlangers design their conlangs more easily. :3

Basically I'm the biggest nerd ever.... ;w;

Anyway, I'm very happy to have found this site and I look forward to being able to contribute to the development of Dovahzul! :D

by Sandpiper
February 8, 2014

Hello everyone, I just joined today so I thought I might as well write an introduction. xD Online I commonly go as Sandpiper, short for The Solitary Sandpiper, because I'm an avid birder and also a hermit ha. :P

Anyway, I'm currently studying psychology with minors in computer science and linguistics with the intention of going on to study either computational linguistics or psycholinguistics at the doctorate level. I founded my university's linguistics club and I've presented original research on neurolinguistic processing at a major psychology conference, which is what really convinced me I wanted to get my PhD in linguistics. I'm fluent, by the linguistic definition, in a number of languages including Latin, Spanish, Mandarin, Koine Greek, Korean, Japanese, Esperanto, Finnish, and Indonesian. My favorite languages are agglutinative with lots of allophony and featural orthographies. x) I've been creating conlangs for over 10 years now, and in my spare time I like researching other conlangs which have become popular through books, TV, or video games. I'm also a programmer and I've written a few programs designed to help conlangers design their conlangs more easily. :3

Basically I'm the biggest nerd ever.... ;w;

Anyway, I'm very happy to have found this site and I look forward to being able to contribute to the development of Dovahzul! :D

LucienLachance
February 8, 2014

Hey there everyone, I'm LucienLachance(because I will never be over his death ever) or you can call me Jay. I've been a huge TES player since my brother introduced me to Morrowind, which I didn't really get into, but once Oblivion came out it was pretty much non-stop playing. Believe it or not, I only got Skyrim not two weeks ago(and have been hardcore power leveling and beat the main questline and all the others I wanted to) and the Dragon language was just so interesting to me.

I decided to start trying to learn it on my own from the game dialogue and shouts, but it wasn't really working out, and so I found this site and it's been such a relief. I'm very excited to further my knowledge on this language and help contribute.

But really I'm just a really big fan of everything to do with the Dark Brotherhood, and I have a passion for learning new and interesting things.

by LucienLachance
February 8, 2014

Hey there everyone, I'm LucienLachance(because I will never be over his death ever) or you can call me Jay. I've been a huge TES player since my brother introduced me to Morrowind, which I didn't really get into, but once Oblivion came out it was pretty much non-stop playing. Believe it or not, I only got Skyrim not two weeks ago(and have been hardcore power leveling and beat the main questline and all the others I wanted to) and the Dragon language was just so interesting to me.

I decided to start trying to learn it on my own from the game dialogue and shouts, but it wasn't really working out, and so I found this site and it's been such a relief. I'm very excited to further my knowledge on this language and help contribute.

But really I'm just a really big fan of everything to do with the Dark Brotherhood, and I have a passion for learning new and interesting things.

LotLundBild
February 10, 2014

Latecomer here, like everyone else I'm a HUGE fan of The Elder Scrolls series and Skyrim in particular. I've had a fascination with orcs since I was young, I'd love to get to know everyone so feel free to message!

by LotLundBild
February 10, 2014

Latecomer here, like everyone else I'm a HUGE fan of The Elder Scrolls series and Skyrim in particular. I've had a fascination with orcs since I was young, I'd love to get to know everyone so feel free to message!

Rah Los Aaz
February 10, 2014

Drem yol lok dii braan joriin dii for los rah los aaz

First of all i would like to start (once again) with saying a huge THANKS to the creator , contributors , translators and everyone that has made this website / dovahzul the way it is so far!! Honestly i didn't expected it to find something that big for the game BUT you proved me wrong though i do am late to find this website (even if i bought the game like 4-5 months ago haha) 

Anyway my name in real life is John (aka: God is Mercy / rah los aaz ) ... 

I live and breath at a small country named Greece and am currently among other things try to find a job.. hopefully will find some... (lol) 

Just like you guys i fell in love with the Dovahzul and the accent that comes with this tongue ( it reminds me a bit of German though when i hear a dragon speaks x/ ) anyway ... I would love to see this tongue be as reknown as J.R.R Tolkien elvish language or Klingon which is much older though... and although i could learn one or the other (since i do enjoy both) i never fully attracted by either one not until i heard Dovahzul .... 

Last but not least i am (of course) try to learn Dovahzul although i think i might just find it hard to do so ... (hehe) isn't exactly English .... i already start memrise courses BUT i would like to ''hear'' the language accent in more .. .detail manner to understand it... : / 

Does anyone has any mp3 files with the words or anything else... (i am trying to find the Dovahkiin song without too much 'noice' and be purely only words without music and stuff... if anyone knows anything please let me know my inbox is always open!) 

I hope in a year or so to have learn to speak fluently... 
And if any Greek (or anyone else ofc) is here hit my inbox would love to practise when i learn the basic at least haha : P and of course why not meet and talk with every one around here.... so far someone couldn't wait and we do have a chat a bit :P so ... if anyone else want to know anything just hit my inbox would you? 

R4 LOS 1Z

by Rah Los Aaz
February 10, 2014

Drem yol lok dii braan joriin dii for los rah los aaz

First of all i would like to start (once again) with saying a huge THANKS to the creator , contributors , translators and everyone that has made this website / dovahzul the way it is so far!! Honestly i didn't expected it to find something that big for the game BUT you proved me wrong though i do am late to find this website (even if i bought the game like 4-5 months ago haha) 

Anyway my name in real life is John (aka: God is Mercy / rah los aaz ) ... 

I live and breath at a small country named Greece and am currently among other things try to find a job.. hopefully will find some... (lol) 

Just like you guys i fell in love with the Dovahzul and the accent that comes with this tongue ( it reminds me a bit of German though when i hear a dragon speaks x/ ) anyway ... I would love to see this tongue be as reknown as J.R.R Tolkien elvish language or Klingon which is much older though... and although i could learn one or the other (since i do enjoy both) i never fully attracted by either one not until i heard Dovahzul .... 

Last but not least i am (of course) try to learn Dovahzul although i think i might just find it hard to do so ... (hehe) isn't exactly English .... i already start memrise courses BUT i would like to ''hear'' the language accent in more .. .detail manner to understand it... : / 

Does anyone has any mp3 files with the words or anything else... (i am trying to find the Dovahkiin song without too much 'noice' and be purely only words without music and stuff... if anyone knows anything please let me know my inbox is always open!) 

I hope in a year or so to have learn to speak fluently... 
And if any Greek (or anyone else ofc) is here hit my inbox would love to practise when i learn the basic at least haha : P and of course why not meet and talk with every one around here.... so far someone couldn't wait and we do have a chat a bit :P so ... if anyone else want to know anything just hit my inbox would you? 

R4 LOS 1Z

Ka Doko
February 10, 2014

Drem yol lok and hello!

I'm Ka'Doko, and I'm new here. I love Skyrim, and just recently got into it roughly 3 or 4 months ago (I'm a late bloomer!) I don't play many games besides Madden, because I'm a hardcore football fan... but, I thought I'd buy Skyrim when I found it on sale, and haven't put it down since!

I was looking up how to learn the Dovah language when I found this site! so I joined, and I'm starting lessons today, learning how to speak it. I appreciate how everyone has worked hard to make this site what it is, I just started but I already feel at home, and have learned so much!

I look forward in being able to speak with people on here in Dovah, and make new friends!

feel free to talk to me, I'd love to meet new people with the same interests as me! also if you enjoy football or good music like Green Day or Nirvana :D

by Ka Doko
February 10, 2014

Drem yol lok and hello!

I'm Ka'Doko, and I'm new here. I love Skyrim, and just recently got into it roughly 3 or 4 months ago (I'm a late bloomer!) I don't play many games besides Madden, because I'm a hardcore football fan... but, I thought I'd buy Skyrim when I found it on sale, and haven't put it down since!

I was looking up how to learn the Dovah language when I found this site! so I joined, and I'm starting lessons today, learning how to speak it. I appreciate how everyone has worked hard to make this site what it is, I just started but I already feel at home, and have learned so much!

I look forward in being able to speak with people on here in Dovah, and make new friends!

feel free to talk to me, I'd love to meet new people with the same interests as me! also if you enjoy football or good music like Green Day or Nirvana :D

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 10, 2014

Welcome, everyone!

Ka Doko

I don't play many games besides Madden, because I'm a hardcore football fan...

I'm a huge football fan too, Green Bay Packers all the way!

by paarthurnax
February 10, 2014

Welcome, everyone!

Ka Doko

LucienLachance
February 12, 2014
paarthurnax

Welcome, everyone!

Ka Doko

ah yes, a Packers fan as well! Go Pack Go! I got my cheesehead in my closet and everything. Inherited my love for the team from my Dad, still going strong. (even if this past season was kind of a blow)

by LucienLachance
February 12, 2014
paarthurnax

Welcome, everyone!

Ka Doko

ah yes, a Packers fan as well! Go Pack Go! I got my cheesehead in my closet and everything. Inherited my love for the team from my Dad, still going strong. (even if this past season was kind of a blow)

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.