A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

stormcloaks or imperials?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9 > >>  

volzah zol
January 26, 2016
MiimWoon

Stormcloaks are racist and I hate Elves, easy decision.

"Ulfric" is racist and hates elves, not every Stormcloak. But the elves of the Aldmeri Dominion are racist and hate humans, which is why they started a war to oppress them to begin with, or did we decide it's ok for the elves to be racist, but not the Nords? 

by volzah zol
January 26, 2016
MiimWoon

Stormcloaks are racist and I hate Elves, easy decision.

"Ulfric" is racist and hates elves, not every Stormcloak. But the elves of the Aldmeri Dominion are racist and hate humans, which is why they started a war to oppress them to begin with, or did we decide it's ok for the elves to be racist, but not the Nords? 

Malice Mace
January 26, 2016
GodofGames2468

Maven Black-Briar is against Ulfric. shes with the Empire and the Thalmor. Ive once thought Ulfric was in it for himself. but I did a LOT of studying and it turns out, hes not all about himself. he really cares about other Nords and his country and is right that Skyrim needs independence. plus, he knows how powerful the dominion is and now, he has a vast army of the greatest warriors in Tamriel: Nords. Ulfric has a chance at defeating the dominion when they invade. problem is with him, hes racist which he needs to work on

You're right, it's been so long since doing the CW quests I couldn't remember. But this still doesn't make me like Ulfric any more or less. I don't like either side. They seek power. They want total control, rather than letting the provinces and people govern themselves. 

by Malice Mace
January 26, 2016
GodofGames2468

Maven Black-Briar is against Ulfric. shes with the Empire and the Thalmor. Ive once thought Ulfric was in it for himself. but I did a LOT of studying and it turns out, hes not all about himself. he really cares about other Nords and his country and is right that Skyrim needs independence. plus, he knows how powerful the dominion is and now, he has a vast army of the greatest warriors in Tamriel: Nords. Ulfric has a chance at defeating the dominion when they invade. problem is with him, hes racist which he needs to work on

You're right, it's been so long since doing the CW quests I couldn't remember. But this still doesn't make me like Ulfric any more or less. I don't like either side. They seek power. They want total control, rather than letting the provinces and people govern themselves. 

Blackout
January 27, 2016

Stormcloaks

by Blackout
January 27, 2016

Stormcloaks

Duryoljot
January 27, 2016
GodofGames2468

"Greatest warriors in Tamriel" is an over-exaggeration.

The Redguards are the finest warriors and decent mages of Tamriel. The Orcs are much the same, but with Alchemy over magic. And the Akavir wreck everybody. People don't seem to appreciate that.

by Duryoljot
January 27, 2016
GodofGames2468

The Redguards are the finest warriors and decent mages of Tamriel. The Orcs are much the same, but with Alchemy over magic. And the Akavir wreck everybody. People don't seem to appreciate that.

volzah zol
January 27, 2016

Yeah, I concur, 'greatest warriors in Tamriel' is an awfully generous endowment. I primarily play Nords, but let's face it, the most fearsome foe you can meet on the battlefield of 4th era Tamriel is an Orc Berserker, followed by Redguards. Nords are hack and slash. Watching an Orc, foaming at the mouth, arrows sticking out of his chest but not slowing down, slicing a path through his enemies, covered in the sticky red of his fallen adversaries.... that would be a sight. Meanwhile the average Nord yells, "We are routed!!" and heads back home for some mead and tall tales. 

by volzah zol
January 27, 2016

Yeah, I concur, 'greatest warriors in Tamriel' is an awfully generous endowment. I primarily play Nords, but let's face it, the most fearsome foe you can meet on the battlefield of 4th era Tamriel is an Orc Berserker, followed by Redguards. Nords are hack and slash. Watching an Orc, foaming at the mouth, arrows sticking out of his chest but not slowing down, slicing a path through his enemies, covered in the sticky red of his fallen adversaries.... that would be a sight. Meanwhile the average Nord yells, "We are routed!!" and heads back home for some mead and tall tales. 

Malboviing
January 27, 2016

Stormcloaks, because I just love being a rebel.

by Malboviing
January 27, 2016

Stormcloaks, because I just love being a rebel.

GodofGames2468
February 9, 2016
Yolos Vith

Nords r known to be fighters

by GodofGames2468
February 9, 2016
Yolos Vith

Malice Mace
February 9, 2016
GodofGames2468

But not the 'greatest' warriors in Tamriel. If you're looking at the individual attributes of each race, the idea of who's the greatest warrior isn't an easy answer. If you're looking at brute force and ferocity, they pale in comparison to the Orsimer. If you're looking at swordsmenship, endurance, and cleverness in battle, they pale in comparison to the Redguards. If you're looking at magickal aptitude, they pale in comparison to the High Elves. Nords are tough, and resilient, and stubborn in battle. But they're hammers. Hammers only know how to do one thing, drive nails. 

by Malice Mace
February 9, 2016
GodofGames2468

But not the 'greatest' warriors in Tamriel. If you're looking at the individual attributes of each race, the idea of who's the greatest warrior isn't an easy answer. If you're looking at brute force and ferocity, they pale in comparison to the Orsimer. If you're looking at swordsmenship, endurance, and cleverness in battle, they pale in comparison to the Redguards. If you're looking at magickal aptitude, they pale in comparison to the High Elves. Nords are tough, and resilient, and stubborn in battle. But they're hammers. Hammers only know how to do one thing, drive nails. 

Duryoljot
February 10, 2016

Well said, Mace and Volzah. GodofGames, if you want to know how we know this, it's said in many texts and even in the description of each race when you make your character. If you want to choose a ridiculously resillient race, you should choose the Dunmer. They have gone through more than the Nords have.

Plus, the main reason I don't like most Nords is from previous games, ESPECIALLY Oblivion. They're all jackasses.

by Duryoljot
February 10, 2016

Well said, Mace and Volzah. GodofGames, if you want to know how we know this, it's said in many texts and even in the description of each race when you make your character. If you want to choose a ridiculously resillient race, you should choose the Dunmer. They have gone through more than the Nords have.

Plus, the main reason I don't like most Nords is from previous games, ESPECIALLY Oblivion. They're all jackasses.

Kaal do Olaak
February 11, 2016

Fin junaar, nust lost Taazokaan us fin mey bo.

(The Empire, they owned Tamriel before the Stormcloaks arrived.)

by Kaal do Olaak
February 11, 2016

Fin junaar, nust lost Taazokaan us fin mey bo.

(The Empire, they owned Tamriel before the Stormcloaks arrived.)

Duryoljot
February 11, 2016

Common knowledge spoken in Dovahzul is still common knowledge.

by Duryoljot
February 11, 2016

Common knowledge spoken in Dovahzul is still common knowledge.

Vane Hammerfall
February 15, 2016

Currently I like the Storm Cloaks more, but I still have hope for the Empire! Remember the Empire in Oblivion? They were awesome! Perhaps there was one Septim left that no one found that will return the Empire to it's former glory! Maybe in Elder Scrolls VI?

by Vane Hammerfall
February 15, 2016

Currently I like the Storm Cloaks more, but I still have hope for the Empire! Remember the Empire in Oblivion? They were awesome! Perhaps there was one Septim left that no one found that will return the Empire to it's former glory! Maybe in Elder Scrolls VI?

Duryoljot
February 16, 2016

That would be a bright future a'comin!

Buuut... Queen Potema technically could take over if she was resurrected.

by Duryoljot
February 16, 2016

That would be a bright future a'comin!

Buuut... Queen Potema technically could take over if she was resurrected.

Kirrith Kerman
February 20, 2016

I was really torn up when I decided to chose actually. I wanted to put it off as long as posible (I was playing a kahjit thief, so my logic was "Eh, let them kill themselves of, don't matter to me, i have stuff to steal!") but in the end, even though i really wanted to go stormcloak, i still went imperial. I don't think the nords can fight of the aldmeri themselves, so the empire is their best bet. Sometimes, you have to loose one battle to win a war, and sometimes, the white-gold concordat, and the banning of Talos, though by no means a good thing, it might be a necessary evil, in order to buy time to build up the army in order to fight back. If your army is busy fighting itself, and split into different parts, well, you're screwed.

So yeah, the sooner the empire wins the civil war, the sooner it can get back to fighting of the aldmeri dominion

by Kirrith Kerman
February 20, 2016

I was really torn up when I decided to chose actually. I wanted to put it off as long as posible (I was playing a kahjit thief, so my logic was "Eh, let them kill themselves of, don't matter to me, i have stuff to steal!") but in the end, even though i really wanted to go stormcloak, i still went imperial. I don't think the nords can fight of the aldmeri themselves, so the empire is their best bet. Sometimes, you have to loose one battle to win a war, and sometimes, the white-gold concordat, and the banning of Talos, though by no means a good thing, it might be a necessary evil, in order to buy time to build up the army in order to fight back. If your army is busy fighting itself, and split into different parts, well, you're screwed.

So yeah, the sooner the empire wins the civil war, the sooner it can get back to fighting of the aldmeri dominion

GodofGames2468
February 29, 2016
Kirrith Kerman

The empire is a puppet state. they r letting the thalmor kill innocent lives because they want to. and the empire turns blind eye

by GodofGames2468
February 29, 2016
Kirrith Kerman

The empire is a puppet state. they r letting the thalmor kill innocent lives because they want to. and the empire turns blind eye

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.