A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon-Tongue flag?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8 

Grolahmul
July 17, 2015

@Maakrindah

I know it was. I'm sorry. I guess I felt bad when I heard that, is all.

But a beginner's Photoshop isn't good at detail, I guess.

by Grolahmul
July 17, 2015

@Maakrindah

I know it was. I'm sorry. I guess I felt bad when I heard that, is all.

But a beginner's Photoshop isn't good at detail, I guess.

Maakrindah
July 18, 2015
@GoldGonian My apologies too. Sometimes I can be too specific and not as socially couthe as I should be. I feel you on the software thing. I have an easier time hand-drawing and scanning than I do constructing images with my software.
by Maakrindah
July 18, 2015
@GoldGonian My apologies too. Sometimes I can be too specific and not as socially couthe as I should be. I feel you on the software thing. I have an easier time hand-drawing and scanning than I do constructing images with my software.

Orkar Isber
July 29, 2015

So when exactly will the voting be? Or did i miss it?

by Orkar Isber
July 29, 2015

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 29, 2015
Orkar Isber

Nope, you didn't miss it, just haven't gotten around to putting it together. For sure at the start of August.

by paarthurnax
July 29, 2015
Orkar Isber

Nope, you didn't miss it, just haven't gotten around to putting it together. For sure at the start of August.

Tanzyolviing
July 30, 2015

All the images look amazing! Too bad I don't have any talent with such things.

by Tanzyolviing
July 30, 2015

All the images look amazing! Too bad I don't have any talent with such things.

Orkar Isber
September 7, 2015

May i ask what happened to these? 

http://i.imgur.com/WYQdDyD.jpg

I would like them to be in the voting for the flag cause that one was my favorite ^^

Flag Design #4 looks cool but is also quite complicate for a flag. I mean i couldnt draw that and a flag should be easy to make

Design #3 is quite good but why the square, why those colors? is there any meaning behind it? Cause there should be

Design #2 is...uhm...an axe? It looks kinda weird could someone clarify what it is supposed to be and why?

Design #1 is the opposite of #4 its oversimplified

by Orkar Isber
September 7, 2015

I would like them to be in the voting for the flag cause that one was my favorite ^^

Flag Design #4 looks cool but is also quite complicate for a flag. I mean i couldnt draw that and a flag should be easy to make

Design #3 is quite good but why the square, why those colors? is there any meaning behind it? Cause there should be

Design #2 is...uhm...an axe? It looks kinda weird could someone clarify what it is supposed to be and why?

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 7, 2015
Orkar Isber

That flag was not submitted for the contest. It was, it wouldn't qualify because of the glow effect.

If none of the flag designs suit you, then choose "None of the above."

by paarthurnax
September 7, 2015
Orkar Isber

That flag was not submitted for the contest. It was, it wouldn't qualify because of the glow effect.

If none of the flag designs suit you, then choose "None of the above."

Orkar Isber
September 7, 2015

the question i keep asking myself how those look in tiny format as you would use as icon for the website in the tab. i am not sure if you can really see all details of #4

#3 would be my favorite of all four but i am really interested if there is a deeper meaning behind it that i simply dont get or if its just made up for the looks like whats with the colors grey white blue? rock snow sky?

and why does #4 use tag rune instead of dah?

by Orkar Isber
September 7, 2015

the question i keep asking myself how those look in tiny format as you would use as icon for the website in the tab. i am not sure if you can really see all details of #4

#3 would be my favorite of all four but i am really interested if there is a deeper meaning behind it that i simply dont get or if its just made up for the looks like whats with the colors grey white blue? rock snow sky?

and why does #4 use tag rune instead of dah?

Imezi
September 12, 2015

Hello, everyone.

About the flag, I had the image in my mind, the faces of a dragon and a human looking at each other.

This language is of course a dragon language, but because it is developed by the community, it deserves to have both dragon and human elements.

And because Paarthurnax is a teacher to the humans about the words of power, I believe he can/could teach them some basic phrases or the language in general.
So (the in-game) people might translate and learn the dragon language through time.

The dragon on the flag can be Paarthurnax because he is the (most important)one who gave the dragon porwer (and started teaching the dragon language) to humans.

The flag is a symbol of what we are doing here.
It should be recognisable by people in general and not only by the community in my opinion.
That is an other reason that there could or should be both a dragon and a human on the flag.

by Imezi
September 12, 2015

Hello, everyone.

About the flag, I had the image in my mind, the faces of a dragon and a human looking at each other.

This language is of course a dragon language, but because it is developed by the community, it deserves to have both dragon and human elements.

And because Paarthurnax is a teacher to the humans about the words of power, I believe he can/could teach them some basic phrases or the language in general.
So (the in-game) people might translate and learn the dragon language through time.

The dragon on the flag can be Paarthurnax because he is the (most important)one who gave the dragon porwer (and started teaching the dragon language) to humans.

The flag is a symbol of what we are doing here.
It should be recognisable by people in general and not only by the community in my opinion.
That is an other reason that there could or should be both a dragon and a human on the flag.

Maakrindah
September 15, 2015
@Imezi I think that is a very cool idea.
by Maakrindah
September 15, 2015
@Imezi I think that is a very cool idea.

Orkar Isber
September 15, 2015

Problem being its very hard to draw in a fashion that is 

a) Looking good

b) recognisable in a 32x32 Pixel variant - actually the dragon alone has huge problems there

c) it should be easy to reproduce meaning if a child can draw it its a decent flag

by Orkar Isber
September 15, 2015

a) Looking good

b) recognisable in a 32x32 Pixel variant - actually the dragon alone has huge problems there

c) it should be easy to reproduce meaning if a child can draw it its a decent flag

Imezi
September 22, 2015
Orkar Isber

a) Looking good

Maybe it should be good to have just the ''D'' word for the 32x32 , and have the flag isolated and full designed.

For example in my country's flag(Greece), it has a cross on the top left and 9 blue-whit stripes(5blue,4white) from top to bottom.

When they want to show it somewhere in a miniature or a little display, they put just the blue-white cross and not the whole drawing.

It is just my opinion,to have a decent full flag and the main symbol on the 32x32 pixel design.

I have sent my ''designs'' to Paarthurnax, but I will try to upload them here( I haven't found the way yet)

@Maakrindah Thank you.

by Imezi
September 22, 2015
Orkar Isber

a) Looking good

Maybe it should be good to have just the ''D'' word for the 32x32 , and have the flag isolated and full designed.

For example in my country's flag(Greece), it has a cross on the top left and 9 blue-whit stripes(5blue,4white) from top to bottom.

When they want to show it somewhere in a miniature or a little display, they put just the blue-white cross and not the whole drawing.

It is just my opinion,to have a decent full flag and the main symbol on the 32x32 pixel design.

I have sent my ''designs'' to Paarthurnax, but I will try to upload them here( I haven't found the way yet)

@Maakrindah Thank you.

Imezi
September 22, 2015

Full resolution:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9in1k5pku0ncp2i/dragon%20flag.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/108f7m12pr4omuo/dragon%20flag%202.jpg?dl=0

Finaly found the way to put here my ideas for the flag.
I hope you like them.

by Imezi
September 22, 2015

Full resolution:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9in1k5pku0ncp2i/dragon%20flag.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/108f7m12pr4omuo/dragon%20flag%202.jpg?dl=0

Finaly found the way to put here my ideas for the flag.
I hope you like them.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.