A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  27  28  29  30 > >>  

YuvonVen
February 17, 2014

Drem yol lok, svaangein...

I discovered this website some time ago, and was really impressed by the work you guys put into this. Finally I found the time to learn some Dovahzul myself (I'm alrady half through that Memrise course to get some basic vocabulary knowledge) and so I also decided, that I may be helpful here, somehow... or that it could just be fun to be a part of this community. ;)

Well, I called myself Yuvon Ven, because... now that's a story. It's actually the name of my palomino horse in Skyrim. I wanted to create some more immersion and didn't want to yell "Damn stupid horse" all the time, when it died and I had to reload. So I came up with some name, in Dovahzul, for sure.

I already excuse for any mistakes in english grammar and spelling, as my native language is german. Though, I had english lessons for about ten years, I think everyone will understand me. And maybe I can help improve the German-Dovahzul dictionary a bit, even if I myself use the english version. But anyway, if you guys find any mistakes - you can keep them. ^^

Hopefully I'll have a great time here.

by YuvonVen
February 17, 2014

Drem yol lok, svaangein...

I discovered this website some time ago, and was really impressed by the work you guys put into this. Finally I found the time to learn some Dovahzul myself (I'm alrady half through that Memrise course to get some basic vocabulary knowledge) and so I also decided, that I may be helpful here, somehow... or that it could just be fun to be a part of this community. ;)

Well, I called myself Yuvon Ven, because... now that's a story. It's actually the name of my palomino horse in Skyrim. I wanted to create some more immersion and didn't want to yell "Damn stupid horse" all the time, when it died and I had to reload. So I came up with some name, in Dovahzul, for sure.

I already excuse for any mistakes in english grammar and spelling, as my native language is german. Though, I had english lessons for about ten years, I think everyone will understand me. And maybe I can help improve the German-Dovahzul dictionary a bit, even if I myself use the english version. But anyway, if you guys find any mistakes - you can keep them. ^^

Hopefully I'll have a great time here.

Arylos
February 24, 2014

Drem yol lok, dii zeymahhe. Zu'u los for Arylos. Zu'u los kolahn ko Springfield, Missouri, ko faal Amerikahn. Vir los hei?

Lok, thu'um.

by Arylos
February 24, 2014

Drem yol lok, dii zeymahhe. Zu'u los for Arylos. Zu'u los kolahn ko Springfield, Missouri, ko faal Amerikahn. Vir los hei?

Lok, thu'um.

mahlovdovahzii
February 25, 2014

DREM YOL LOK

I have been playing around on this site for several days now, mostly in the dictionary and translator. I decided I wanted to become part of this great and growing community and I want to learn the language. I have started with memrise and hope to have a good enough feel for the language soon so that I can be comfortable in teaching my soon to be new puppy commands in Dovahzul.

by mahlovdovahzii
February 25, 2014

DREM YOL LOK

I have been playing around on this site for several days now, mostly in the dictionary and translator. I decided I wanted to become part of this great and growing community and I want to learn the language. I have started with memrise and hope to have a good enough feel for the language soon so that I can be comfortable in teaching my soon to be new puppy commands in Dovahzul.

Satermay395
February 25, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Hey everyone, I am Mahlaansaviik. I kind of wish I could change my name to resemble an actual dragon name though (maybe change it to something like pruzdovrah). I am 18, I only have a few words memorized, and I only know a few grammar rules and such.  I will probably become more serious about learning dovahzul during the summer when I'll have a break from my university classes. It would be badass if schools actually taught it as a course though. 

That would be an awesome class! I would soo take that class. What kind of professor would teach that class?

by Satermay395
February 25, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Hey everyone, I am Mahlaansaviik. I kind of wish I could change my name to resemble an actual dragon name though (maybe change it to something like pruzdovrah). I am 18, I only have a few words memorized, and I only know a few grammar rules and such.  I will probably become more serious about learning dovahzul during the summer when I'll have a break from my university classes. It would be badass if schools actually taught it as a course though. 

That would be an awesome class! I would soo take that class. What kind of professor would teach that class?

Jarlkingt
February 26, 2014
\Hello all i am the one and only JARLKING i own a broken down hold much like helgen (except it is a hold) and you guys can sub me on youtube.com (dualgmersofepicness) i live in southwest US so contact me for help, ima called the unwealthy donator
just call me bro(ima do skyrim vids on utube in a lil)
by Jarlkingt
February 26, 2014
\Hello all i am the one and only JARLKING i own a broken down hold much like helgen (except it is a hold) and you guys can sub me on youtube.com (dualgmersofepicness) i live in southwest US so contact me for help, ima called the unwealthy donator
just call me bro(ima do skyrim vids on utube in a lil)

Jarlkingt
February 26, 2014

My top 5  famous generals are:

Napoleon Bonaparte

Hannibal

Alexander the Great

George Washington

And the moor who led the conquest to spain

by Jarlkingt
February 26, 2014

My top 5  famous generals are:

Napoleon Bonaparte

Hannibal

Alexander the Great

George Washington

And the moor who led the conquest to spain

ZaneKata
February 26, 2014

AHNOK

I am zane (what i go by on the web)

I am a noob curently, but i wish to learn dovahzul as much as posible, I understand that no one outside the fandom of skyrim will know what dovahzul even is, i have very little knowledge of the languege, but i wish to learn, and i practice almost every day, and i hope that two of my friends will be learning with me. 

by ZaneKata
February 26, 2014

AHNOK

I am zane (what i go by on the web)

I am a noob curently, but i wish to learn dovahzul as much as posible, I understand that no one outside the fandom of skyrim will know what dovahzul even is, i have very little knowledge of the languege, but i wish to learn, and i practice almost every day, and i hope that two of my friends will be learning with me. 

drnsain
February 26, 2014

Hello everyone - I'm drnsain. I joined because I love Skyrim and I was looking for a translator for Dovah for an upcoming Skyrim-inspired DnD game I'm planning on running which will involve - you guessed it - dragons. I might post more about my ideas as I develop it more.

by drnsain
February 26, 2014

Hello everyone - I'm drnsain. I joined because I love Skyrim and I was looking for a translator for Dovah for an upcoming Skyrim-inspired DnD game I'm planning on running which will involve - you guessed it - dragons. I might post more about my ideas as I develop it more.

Ziidoyol
February 27, 2014

DREM YOL LOK.

Hey, I'm Ziidoyol - that's SpiritOfFire in Dovahzul, apparently. You can call me Zii or Spirit if you can't spell that. :D So, I joined because - well - this dragon language seems really cool, and I think I'd quite like to learn it. I know very little Dovahzul at all; mainly a few Shouts (you tend to pick those up after all-nighters on Skyrim), and I can pronounce (just) the first part of the song... even though I have no idea what it means. But I can learn.

I think it'll be really awesome to be here, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

-Ziidoyol

by Ziidoyol
February 27, 2014

DREM YOL LOK.

Hey, I'm Ziidoyol - that's SpiritOfFire in Dovahzul, apparently. You can call me Zii or Spirit if you can't spell that. :D So, I joined because - well - this dragon language seems really cool, and I think I'd quite like to learn it. I know very little Dovahzul at all; mainly a few Shouts (you tend to pick those up after all-nighters on Skyrim), and I can pronounce (just) the first part of the song... even though I have no idea what it means. But I can learn.

I think it'll be really awesome to be here, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

-Ziidoyol

shynight
February 28, 2014

How's it goin', bros? My name is shynight. As you can tell from my profile picture, I love MLP. Yeah, it's childish and girly, but the world sucks, and sometimes I need something cutesy and fluffy enough to choke a rhino. Also, Fluttershy is best pony. Just sayin'.

I've been playing video games practically religiously since 1996 when my cousin gave me his Super Nintendo. My favorite games are RPG's, and Skyrim is (of course) one of my favorites. I tend to play as either a Khajiit sneak/bowman or a Dunmer battlemage. In fact, my preference for bows in-game actually led to me taking archery in college this semester. I suck, though.

I'm also really big into music. I don't play any instruments, but I'm a really good singer (or so I'm told). Throughout the years I've sung in almost a dozen languages: English, Latin, Italian, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Hebrew. So, yeah, I like languages.

I also love animals, and am a Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences major preparing for vet school. At home (not my dorm), I have 7 cats and a long-haired chihuahua that's too dumb to realize that it's a dog. All of them are rescues.

I guess the last thing to say about me is that I'm drastically different online than in real life. I tend to be extremely introverted in reality, but online I'm much more bubbly and spontaneous. Mostly due to my Asperger's (a form of autism).

Wow, this ended up less of an introduction and more like an essay. Whoops.

by shynight
February 28, 2014

How's it goin', bros? My name is shynight. As you can tell from my profile picture, I love MLP. Yeah, it's childish and girly, but the world sucks, and sometimes I need something cutesy and fluffy enough to choke a rhino. Also, Fluttershy is best pony. Just sayin'.

I've been playing video games practically religiously since 1996 when my cousin gave me his Super Nintendo. My favorite games are RPG's, and Skyrim is (of course) one of my favorites. I tend to play as either a Khajiit sneak/bowman or a Dunmer battlemage. In fact, my preference for bows in-game actually led to me taking archery in college this semester. I suck, though.

I'm also really big into music. I don't play any instruments, but I'm a really good singer (or so I'm told). Throughout the years I've sung in almost a dozen languages: English, Latin, Italian, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Hebrew. So, yeah, I like languages.

I also love animals, and am a Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences major preparing for vet school. At home (not my dorm), I have 7 cats and a long-haired chihuahua that's too dumb to realize that it's a dog. All of them are rescues.

I guess the last thing to say about me is that I'm drastically different online than in real life. I tend to be extremely introverted in reality, but online I'm much more bubbly and spontaneous. Mostly due to my Asperger's (a form of autism).

Wow, this ended up less of an introduction and more like an essay. Whoops.

NafaaIiIargus
March 9, 2014

DREM YOL LOK!

I am Nafaalilargus. I'm a 17 year old girl that lives in Canada, Ontario (yup, im a girl playing as a male dragon  >.>). As you can tell from my profile I'm a huge dragon fan (My username is actually named after the red dragon Nafaalilargus from the Elder Scrolls: Redguard). The first ES game I ever played was Skyrim, after playing this game for countless hours I decided to look more into all the ES games and the history of Nirn. I found this site about 9 months ago when I wanted to know what the dragons were saying in their language... since then I have been using the translator for things like the word walls. I finally decided to join this amazing site after thinking about learning Dovahzul. 

Btw...I'm a bit shy when meeting new people, so if I don't talk to you guys vary much, thats why..

KROD

by NafaaIiIargus
March 9, 2014

DREM YOL LOK!

I am Nafaalilargus. I'm a 17 year old girl that lives in Canada, Ontario (yup, im a girl playing as a male dragon  >.>). As you can tell from my profile I'm a huge dragon fan (My username is actually named after the red dragon Nafaalilargus from the Elder Scrolls: Redguard). The first ES game I ever played was Skyrim, after playing this game for countless hours I decided to look more into all the ES games and the history of Nirn. I found this site about 9 months ago when I wanted to know what the dragons were saying in their language... since then I have been using the translator for things like the word walls. I finally decided to join this amazing site after thinking about learning Dovahzul. 

Btw...I'm a bit shy when meeting new people, so if I don't talk to you guys vary much, thats why..

KROD

SirHobs
March 11, 2014

Hi guys! Names Hobs. :3 I must say that I'm super excited to find a site like this wandering around the internet. I've been playing Skyrim on my PS3 for a while now and have to say that I absolutely adore it! I've taken a great interest in learning Dovahzul on the Memrise site and only know a few words. I plan on learning more phrases and eventually becoming fluent in this wonderous language over the next coming years. 

I'm a 21 year old male from the beautiful country of Zimbabwe (Yes, I am white. No, it's not in Asia, it's North of South Africa. Directly above it.) I hope to make your aquaintance and see you all in the coming future. Cheers!

by SirHobs
March 11, 2014

Hi guys! Names Hobs. :3 I must say that I'm super excited to find a site like this wandering around the internet. I've been playing Skyrim on my PS3 for a while now and have to say that I absolutely adore it! I've taken a great interest in learning Dovahzul on the Memrise site and only know a few words. I plan on learning more phrases and eventually becoming fluent in this wonderous language over the next coming years. 

I'm a 21 year old male from the beautiful country of Zimbabwe (Yes, I am white. No, it's not in Asia, it's North of South Africa. Directly above it.) I hope to make your aquaintance and see you all in the coming future. Cheers!

PaxLator
March 13, 2014

Heya! My name is Pax Lator, and I'm a few months away of graduating from high school. I plan on taking System Engineering and minors in Animation and Interactive Media. Trying to getting a game production-centric career, in short.

While I'm a somewhat average fan of TES as a whole, I love Skyrim. The Dragon Tongue has gotten a lot of my attention in-game, and I was really excited to find this site (and a very detailed tutoring program, too!) and while I'm at the very early stages of learning it, I'm striving to do so completely. Wish me luck!

by PaxLator
March 13, 2014

Heya! My name is Pax Lator, and I'm a few months away of graduating from high school. I plan on taking System Engineering and minors in Animation and Interactive Media. Trying to getting a game production-centric career, in short.

While I'm a somewhat average fan of TES as a whole, I love Skyrim. The Dragon Tongue has gotten a lot of my attention in-game, and I was really excited to find this site (and a very detailed tutoring program, too!) and while I'm at the very early stages of learning it, I'm striving to do so completely. Wish me luck!

jedi lonestar
March 13, 2014

Hi everyone.  I'm jedi lonestar.  I go by Jake Lonestar in ESO and am currently playing in Daggerfall there.  I'm obviouly an Elder Scrolls addict.  On the out side I work construction, but I'm transfering to Public Affairs in the army and am considering getting into writing and voice acting.  So this is a fun way to make sure I'm up on my gramer while having fun.  

by jedi lonestar
March 13, 2014

Hi everyone.  I'm jedi lonestar.  I go by Jake Lonestar in ESO and am currently playing in Daggerfall there.  I'm obviouly an Elder Scrolls addict.  On the out side I work construction, but I'm transfering to Public Affairs in the army and am considering getting into writing and voice acting.  So this is a fun way to make sure I'm up on my gramer while having fun.  

OlganChi
March 14, 2014

Hello everyone. I am Olgan Chi, a new student of the language known as Dovahzul. After playing Skyrim for the first time, my first thought was, "Where could I possibly learn to speak like the dragons?" I believe this site is the perfect place to begin my studies. It seems as if I've suddenly become an extreme nerd for Skyrim and I'm proud of it. I have high hopes for the Dovahzul language to become a well-known style of speach internationally. For today, I want you all to know I'm a friendly person, I love chatting, I love making friends along my travels and I very much enjoy music, so I plan on making many songs in the new-rising language. If you'd like to chat, just PM me, or search for me on Kik with the username StewNix. I hope to speak to many of you and I wish you all pleasant days.(Nearly forgot to mention I am a proud Canadian living in the nation's capital city. It just keeps getting colder.)

Lahney ko drem

~ Olgan Chi

by OlganChi
March 14, 2014

Hello everyone. I am Olgan Chi, a new student of the language known as Dovahzul. After playing Skyrim for the first time, my first thought was, "Where could I possibly learn to speak like the dragons?" I believe this site is the perfect place to begin my studies. It seems as if I've suddenly become an extreme nerd for Skyrim and I'm proud of it. I have high hopes for the Dovahzul language to become a well-known style of speach internationally. For today, I want you all to know I'm a friendly person, I love chatting, I love making friends along my travels and I very much enjoy music, so I plan on making many songs in the new-rising language. If you'd like to chat, just PM me, or search for me on Kik with the username StewNix. I hope to speak to many of you and I wish you all pleasant days.(Nearly forgot to mention I am a proud Canadian living in the nation's capital city. It just keeps getting colder.)

Lahney ko drem

~ Olgan Chi

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.